• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attracted to pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

Resident dragon
...Though personally, I think that rule was made to maximize procreation, since long ago, people were dying all the time and needed to procreate rapidly to keep their populations stable.

That rule was "given" after the incident with the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah (sp?), right? As I recall, they weren't destroyed because the men there were homosexual, but rather because they were raping everything in sight, and the verse containing that supposed rule says different things in different versions of the Bible--that is, different versions of the same verse that can mean different things--provided that what I remember reading in the "Why homosexuality is considered wrong" thread in the Debate section is true.

I tend not to pay much attention to those kinds of people anyways, since they cite that verse (somewhere in Leviticus) but don't follow many of the other rules stated in the same book (such as the rule against the consumption of shellfish, or--I'm pretty sure this is it--that a son must be taken out of the city/village and killed should he dishonor or curse his father). I mean, if you're so hellbent on enforcing one rule from that book, why not enforce the rest? Oh, that's right--it's not convenient, just as it is convenient to cite a verse from a few-thousand-year-old religious book (one that says different things in different versions) to help discriminate against people who prefer their own gender over the opposite one.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Heh, the most common statement in the Bible to be broken is the one urging people not to judge others. By criticizing other people for not following Biblical law, they are effectively judging that person's morals.

I'm not sure where the law itself was stated (I don't have a Bible with me at the moment), but there must be a reason other than to not imitate what some people in two cities were doing, especially since it does no harm to anybody not directly involved in the relationship. There's only one purpose to restricting something neutral to society, and that's from it not benefiting the population as a whole. Since a homosexual relationship bears no children, and the Bible is constantly telling its readers to "be fruitful and multiply," my best guess is hat it's encouraging people to bear children.

Also, according to Oxford, Sodom and Gomorrah were two cities located near a sulfur eruption that wiped out their population--it also explains why Lot's wife became a pillar of salt: She was likely crushed by a chunk of sulfur falling from the sky. (Heh.)

Linoone

<the ONLY linoone av
hi everybody, been out of this thread for a while, been active I see, I just finished reading previous pages, good to see new members, but it's kinda sad to see that some people still think that by spamming an disrespecting us, they are actually going to accomplish something o!O

ophie: yeah, the people are prepared to attack the different like us( I must mention I got a lol, objection about traits 1 and 4 X3). I don't think too much about the bible, it's a book, books change, people have changed it a lot, so I leave it out of the picture o!o.

xbepop: ROFL@ all your posts, I'd reply to them if I hadn't heard all of em before, just go to the first pages of this thread and see for yourself

That is the Kveran method of dealing with things Direct, to-the-point, and usually not comfortable. :D

Welcome to ATP. Pull up a chair and stay for awhile. We don't bite.

Okay then! Proud member of ATP here. =D

But do I really count if I only feel that way about one Pokemon? =/

I also love the fact that there are many people on here that are not afraid to be who they are ( that is where I sink sometimes -_-; ). It's also hilarious to see all the stupid people get owned. =)

Last edited:

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
But do I really count if I only feel that way about one Pokemon? =/

*raises hand* I'm in the same boat as you, and I think Kveran is too (hey, that rhymed!), so if we count, then you count too. ;D

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
Uhm, none of us are attracted to ALL pokemon , you know. -_- Number really isn't of importance here. XD

Heh, you know what I find funny? We're allegedly overpopulating the Earth. So it seems that the reason against homosexuality should go out the window. But everyone knows that the real reason is bigotry due to an obsoletely designed brain...

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
Black Rain- welcome! Take off your coat, pull up a chair, and stay awhile. :D

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
It's because we can just waste whatever we want and do whatever we want. God created the Earth in this way, and if it ever gets too bad, Jesus can always come and clean things up.

(I'm an agnostic, by the way. I defend the Bible as much as I bash it.)

As I said though, the people who come here and bash the Poképhiles are uncomfortable with something as different as attraction to Pokémon, even if it doesn't concern them. Them bashing us is a way for them to to feel better about themselves.

XBebop

We Are Nerd
hi everybody, been out of this thread for a while, been active I see, I just finished reading previous pages, good to see new members, but it's kinda sad to see that some people still think that by spamming an disrespecting us, they are actually going to accomplish something o!O

ophie: yeah, the people are prepared to attack the different like us( I must mention I got a lol, objection about traits 1 and 4 X3). I don't think too much about the bible, it's a book, books change, people have changed it a lot, so I leave it out of the picture o!o.

xbepop: ROFL@ all your posts, I'd reply to them if I hadn't heard all of em before, just go to the first pages of this thread and see for yourself

At least i'm making someone laugh. :p

But I did say that it's fine to be attracted to Pokemon. It certainly isn't an inteligent decision, but hey, plenty of people make plenty of stupid decisions. Not that you can control what you're attracted to, but maybe I just don't get why people would want to get it on with lizards, ferrets, and birds? Iunno.

tipnottippy

Back for the lulz
But I did say that it's fine to be attracted to Pokemon. It certainly isn't an inteligent decision, but hey, plenty of people make plenty of stupid decisions.

In essence, you're oh-so-condescendingly saying it's fine to be stupid. Moreover, you're implying that we intentionally choose to be stupid, perhaps even that we LIKE being stupid, much in the manner of the people who win Darwin Awards. Problem with that: for the majority of us here (I think), our attraction to fictional creatures does not interfere with our ability to operate and function as normal people. If it did and we nonetheless chose to stick with it then yes, indeed, it WOULD be a stupid decision. For instance, if one were attracted to Princess Peach or a Pikachu, and said attraction caused one to divorce one's spouse or to turn down an opportunity at a real, meaningful relationship IRL, then yes, that would be stupid. But for the majority of us, our attraction does not cause harm or even embarrassment either to ourselves or to others, thereby rendering moot any perception of it as "stupid".

On the other hand, the fact that you insist on pretending to be the sole bastion of superior intelligence and sanity among what you so short-sightedly consider to be a bunch of misguided idiots is not only stupid, but hilariously so.

Last edited:

Seiryu

Resident dragon
But I did say that it's fine to be attracted to Pokemon. It certainly isn't an inteligent decision, but hey, plenty of people make plenty of stupid decisions. Not that you can control what you're attracted to, but maybe I just don't get why people would want to get it on with lizards, ferrets, and birds? Iunno.

In addition to what tip said...

Well, you really don't need to know exactly why it happens, just to accept that it does. You seem to know that it's not by choice that we're attracted to different things, so I can't say that you're stupid or whatever. However, you do seem to indeed be implying that we're not exactly intelligent for choosing to accept our attractions for that they are.

If he doesn't mind, I would like to point out another Pokephiles in our little "circle," Shrike Flamestar. You see, he started off...well, let's just say that he started on the complete opposite end of the spectrum in terms of his stance on the subject. However, some time after his initial post, he came back and revealed that the thought had been nagging at his mind basically ever since. Now, let me ask you: do you have any idea what would have happened had he not come to terms with his attractions?

Well, put simply, the nagging of the thoughts at his mind would continue, on and on--for a long time, most likely. I mean, there are little things in the world that remind me of embarrassing or just plain uncomfortable moments or things in my life from years ago--things I would much rather forget permanently--just about every day. And on an Internet forum like this, it's even harder to push such uncomfortable thoughts from one's memory, what with the thread titles, some made even more obvious by that little envelope icon next to it with that little dot to indicate that you've posted there before...

Now, I'm no expert on psychology, but I can guess that the stress, among other things that probably stem from said stress, would begin from those recurring thoughts and resulting constant denial. And I'm sure that you, as another human being, would know what kinds of effects stress can have on one's mind?

But that's as far as I can go based on personal experience. However, it has been basically proven that to deny certain things, especially about one's true self, can be detrimental to one's health, as indicated by many homosexuals who go through "corrective" therapy; a number of deaths related to said therapy have occurred. I would imagine that similar things would happen to us should we deny our attractions to pokemon (and, in some cases, real animals). So basically, choosing not to accept our attractions would be the more unintelligent decision in the end, as it would pose the greater health risks.

Basically, as tip said, the only point at which it should be considered "unintelligent," at least to others, should be when one's attraction to whichever fictional character or whatever would considerably hinder their social life and prevent them from engaging in meaningful relationships with others. This certainly isn't preventing any of us from making or keeping friends off-line, and I believe that our friend Linoone has stated that he still a number of off-line friends in spite of his love for Tokin.
And y'know, if it were to happen to me, I wouldn't do anything to prevent it either--at least at this point in my life--seeing as how I have little desire to enter a boyfriend/girlfriend-type relationship with another human right now and would likely tell anyone who would try to force a change in me to go screw themselves in various uncomfortable manners. ~..^

Goodbreath said:
In other news... my lord they really screwed the sexy pokemon names up O_O Gregguru is croalurk now... I hate it!
Meh, I don't really have any problems with the revealed names thus far 'cept Hikozaru to Chimchar, and I'm almost used to that one already anyways. I mean, you've heard the quote "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, right? The pokemon's names, to me, have no effect on how sexy they are or aren't.

XBebop

We Are Nerd
Just curious but do you care to explain why it isnt a inteligent decision? :3
In other news... my lord they really screwed the sexy pokemon names up O_O Gregguru is croalurk now... I hate it!

And yeah... thats about it not much to say once again.

Mainly because I knew you guys would jump all over me. It created a discussion. =P

Kitty Aruseus

The werewolf cometh.
I am not sexually attracted to this pokemon, but I love it!

Drum roll, please! (Drum rolls by) ...not what I meant...

LUCARIO!

russia213

Master Swampert Man
I've been reading past post and it's hard to believe the people that will go out of their way to make fun of people because of something they don't understand. I admit I am attracted to some pokemon/trainers but not sexually (i have an odd mind) i prefer not to be seually attracted to anyone sexually it makes me feel kinda dirty really, but those of you that are sexually attracted to pokemon/trainers why should i flame you i cant do anything about it except understand. So any way i guess this is my hello message.

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
You know, that's exactly how I felt at first. But then I figured out what it was. The way you say you have an "odd mind" REALLY makes me think you're in the same boat as me. :D

Linoone

<the ONLY linoone av
At least i'm making someone laugh. :p

and why is it stupid may I ask?, because what I felt for tokin kept me alive?, or maybe it's because accepting and enjoying it has generally improves the lives of the people who do?, tell me, I'm dying to know

russia213

Master Swampert Man
You know, that's exactly how I felt at first. But then I figured out what it was. The way you say you have an "odd mind" REALLY makes me think you're in the same boat as me. :D

well what i meant by an odd mind is i can't bring myself to thinking about sex with anyone/anything i have a girlfriend and i can't think about her either because i somehow find it wrong but still to answer the question yes i am attracted to pokemon sexually? not really but for those who are i am no-one to judge you or anyone else

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
Yeah, that's officially called asexual type B (though I think the term itself is misleading). I used to be like that for most of my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.