• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Attracted to pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swords Dance

Sharp Edges
Lets see then...

To begin with they are fictional.
Next they are not human, so you may as well fantasize about horses and elephants.
It's just an innocent game with no sexual meaning at all.

Now maybe I could understand more if it was the human characters, but its not.

End.

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
To begin with they are fictional.
Yes, they are fictional; I am well-aware of that. Fantasies, no matter what their subject, are all fictional, too. What's your point again?

Next they are not human, so you may as well fantasize about horses and elephants.
And... what's wrong with fantasizing about horses or elephants? Does any entity get harmed from such fantasies?

It's just an innocent game with no sexual meaning at all.
Uh, yes, that has been the intention of it. How does that apply to your point of sexual attraction to pokemon being wrong?

Now maybe I could understand more if it was the human characters, but its not.
And thus you make a very good point. YOU don't understand it. Does a lack of personal understanding make something morally wrong?

Ace Trainer Ekedo

A Total Poképhile
and to this point i still agree with dimitar, as i'm sure most other people on this thread do. just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it wrong. and YES it is just a fake "game" *sighs: too bad*

Kametsou

It is such a disgusting thought that there's such thing as animal/beast fetishes. I've seen numerous pictures of Pokémon hentai and it's just plain out gross. Some people need to get their minds fixed, honestly.

Ace Trainer Ekedo

A Total Poképhile
It is such a disgusting thought that there's such thing as animal/beast fetishes. I've seen numerous pictures of Pokémon hentai and it's just plain out gross. Some people need to get their minds fixed, honestly.

i don't mean to sound rude or anything, but that's your opinion, not ours, and i'm sure there;s alot more people here with our thought otherwise there wouldn't be a thread about it.
but who is to say what's "disgusting" we think it's perfectly normal, and the word "normal" means "to be together with a majority in thoughts and appearence"... so, to get back to my first point, that's your opinion, not ours
and another thing... if you don't like it... then why the devil are you here?

Last edited:

"L"

Originally Posted by Kametsou

I'm surprised, that for someone who is not into these kinds of things, that you actually found Pokemon-on-human hentai. I mean unless you actually typed Pokemon Hentai in on google, none of those pictures should actually pop up, and yet you claim to have seen numerous ammounts of them?

Chaosjosh

Yep!

I got started with Gardevoir, as many do. Then, in D/P, got attracted to Lopunny, Mismagius, and Froslass.

Then I started reading this thread....

Now I realize that I have a lot more Pokemon I'm attracted to. A LOT.
Here's a list of just natural pokemon I like: Gardevoir, Lopunny, Abra (very cute eyes), Blissey, Celebi, Kirlia, Latias, Manaphy, Phione, Mawile, Lugia, and Medicham. And that's not including Pokemorphs, which I wouldn't have discovered (or AGNPH, for that matter). I thank you for that.

Other pokemon I'm kinda on the fence about attraction (not sexual, at the moment) on are: Eevee, Flareon, Articuno, Dratini, Dragonair, Mew, Pichu, Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Bellossom, Swinub, Breloom, Skitty, Roselia, Milotic, Jirachi, Open Cherrim, Blue Shellos, Togekiss, Leafeon, Glaceon, Cresselia, Flygon, and Altaria. (seems like a large amount, to me anyway).

Btw: Dimitar, where in this thread did you compare the three types of attraction (two were sexual and survival, if that helps).

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
As many do? By what I've seen, not many of us have started with the most humanoid ones, actually...

Btw: Dimitar, where in this thread did you compare the three types of attraction (two were sexual and survival, if that helps).
Oh geez, that was a while back, and I really don't remember what I was blabbing about at the time. Sexual attractions are all very intertwined with survival. Especially the anatomic attractions, they are supposed to be attached to features that signify a healthier, fitter, stronger individual more likely to produce and/or raise evolutionarily competitive offspring. However, there are also the fetishes that appear to originate as offshoots of instincts involving survival of the current generation instead of the future one (i.e. survival of oneself). Vorarephilia and sadism, for example, seem to be such fetishes stemming from natural instincts (hunting prey is pretty murderous, but you aren't gonna get far in the wild if you're a predator that doesn't want to kill, so such fetishes may have come to be as a little "extra incentive"). As far as the BDSM group as a whole, I think it may have come from social/mating behaviors...

Now, as far as a third type of attraction... I can't remember wat that may have been.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
By the way, what I meant at the top of the pages is that if someone makes an assertion and assumes that they have no need to give an explanation, then that person believes that the reasons why should be obvious. However, since the assertion is made at people with an opposing view, then either the reasons aren't as obvious as the asserter makes it out to be or the asserter want his/her opponents to testify against themselves.

Swords Dance

Sharp Edges
Ok you've all made your points, I don't understand and I hope I never do but I am entitled to my opinion so I expressed it

Surely I can ask questions though. So if you saw a good looking erm Gardevoir would you tap it?

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
No, I'm not attracted to Gardevoir. Now, a Lugia, I'd definitely try to form a relationship.

And you're making a common presumption here. We're not all just wanting to hit on random pokemon individuals by immediately soliciting sex.

Chaosjosh

Sorry about that, Dimitar. It was late, and I thought it was attractions. Turns out it was functions I was thinking of. It was way, way back in post 167.

There is only one kind of attractive force outside of the world of physics and chemistry. It's sexual attraction. Everything you ever liked, found pretty, etc. was because of a form of sexual attraction, although chances are you never got around to see that. This is bacause sexuality is one of the three key functions of the brain, the others being body functions and survival. Therefore, it is unimaginably deeply ingrained in it, and controls a huge part of our actions, so much so that it is often viewed by humans as other things. Preference, taste, choice, love (some like to think it's something else), and many other attributes of personality and the thought process come from, and still are, sexuality. Every random object or living/imaginary thing you liked or chose was because it had some characteristics that were listed in the brain's rather long and odd list. You say that our sexuality was designed for humans only? Well I got news for you. The brain's system look at individual details and features, not at the whole thing. And there are things that LOOK like humans, sharing many features. Some of those things are animals. If you could imgine every mathematically possible chaotic 3D shape, you will begin to appreciate just how similar humans and animals are. And how similar pokemon are to both. So similar that in fact they share many of the attractive features defined by the brain. But this goes way beyond, into inanimate objects and non-animal organisms. Take flowers, for example. They are clearly attractive. Why? Because they are colorful, and yes, colors are attractive features. And why is that so? Look in nature. Within the brightly colored animal species, the selection is almost always for the brighter and more colorful. Which brings me back to what I said earlier. The evolutionary leftovers. When you think about how many organs, parts, and adaptations get passed on from one species to another during evolution, the passover of sexual characteristics shouldn't come as such a big surprise.

Now here's the bottom line of what I just blurted out. We are not freaks. We are about as normal as you are. All of you are sexually attracted to pokemon and animals and other objects. Most of you will feel uncomfortable with this idea and will shove it in a back corner of your mind and will try to make it seem bad or stupid. But the only difference between a person who says they like a pokemon and a person who says they are sexually attracted to it is only self-inawareness and denial. Because of the stigma culture puts on sex, people are afraid to things like that, even to themselves. But as stigmas slowly get outdated and replaced, the ice breaks up and people can finally admit, as well as figure out, their sexuality a little easier. This is what has happened with homosexuality. This is what will happen with zoophilia and even with dracophilia and the rest, eventually ending with the mass acceptance and ackowledgement of what I have just written here. At least in our lifetimes, we will see the gradual acceptance of zoophilia. So, if you don't like what you are seeing here, well, the future isn't looking too bright for you. Better get used to it now.

I was looking for it because I brought it up in a conversation the other day, but I didn't immediatly think of it. It's one of the best debates any open-minded person can use.

Also, sorry about the generalization. I realized that not everyone is attracted to Gardevoir, I just meant that it was one of the most common Pokemon to get attracted to. Again that sounded wrong, and I apologize if I offended you. I just can't think of a good way of saying what I'm thinking at the moment.

@Swords Dance: Being that I like Gardevoir, I feel somewhat offended. I mean, if you saw a pretty (insert-sex-you-are-attracted-to-here), would you just go and "tap" it? No. We like Pokemon, we are attracted to Pokemon, which doesn't mean we are insatiable perverts like you're thinking. Not all of my fantasies involve sex, theres also cuddling and other forms of physical and emotional contact. Heck, a lot of the club may be/are asexual, meaning they have no/few sexual thoughts at all.

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
Yeah, that was my little persuasive "speech" of the day. Kinda took extreme stance on a lot of things to make a point (and acted like I knew more than I did, but anyways :p). In any case, that's not exactly what I think on the issue, but it reflects the general concept in a more extreme way.

Linoone

<the ONLY linoone av

yeah, like you, you need an emergency dose of tolerance serum, FAST. Hi, everyone else o!o

HoundoomOfTheDarkness

Noobly vore artist
Hmph. I'm not going to make my point because I don't have to. I hate flame wars. Ever hear of the saying, "Live and let live?"

I'll be back once the arguing is over...

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
Yeah, I've seen that. I honestly don't care what /b/tards and all their relatives think of us. And, um, I've seen a lot of sexuality-related discussions on these boards, and people haven't got banned just because they were discussing that. If you really got a prob with it, too bad, because even admins have seen this thread and not closed it.

Dragonfree

Just me
All of you are sexually attracted to pokemon and animals and other objects. Most of you will feel uncomfortable with this idea and will shove it in a back corner of your mind and will try to make it seem bad or stupid. But the only difference between a person who says they like a pokemon and a person who says they are sexually attracted to it is only self-inawareness and denial.
The hell? How can you call yourself anything remotely approaching open-minded while at the same time yelling "YOU REALLY THINK THE SAME AS I DO, YOU'RE JUST IN DENIAL OF IT AND THEREFORE I'M THE HEALTHIER INDIVIDUAL FOR ADMITTING IT, NER NER"? This is the absolute most closed-minded debating tactic in existence. Please try not to be a hypocrite.

I know the post is old, but I didn't see it until now that it was quoted and from what I could gather you still think you had some sort of a point there. Apologies if you've grown out of it already.

Last edited:

Seiryu

Resident dragon
ALL OF YOU THAT SAY THAT THEY ARE ATTRACTED TO POKEMON MAKE ME SICK!

How come talking about any other type of sex-related topic gets people banned, but it's alright if a pokemon is involved?
i think that is stupid.

btw, something awful is making fun of you "normal" people.
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/weekend-web/furry-anime-pokemon.php?page=4
see 4 yourself
For the record, a lot of those other sex-related threads have gotten people banned because those threads often devolve into flame wars and said people weren't/aren't quite calm-minded enough to keep things relatively civil. This thread, in spite of its obvious controversy, has managed to stay rather tame as far as flaming goes--well, at least on one side. And as for the SA article...well, it'll be a cold day in hell before I let what someone I've never met says on the Internet (and on a hate site, no less!) really get to me. Hell, if anything, that article's gotten more people to join our group than we would have otherwise! Isn't publicity grand? =D

Dragonfree, if I may speak for Dimitar, I do think he's mostly grown out of it. As he basically said, it was a bit extreme and a good part of it (in particular, I imagine, the "you all are sexually attracted" part) contained some amount of BS. Not to mention that back then, there were a number of people trying to tell us that we aren't really sexually attracted to pokemon. >..>;; I say we should just drop it, regardless; no point dredging up arguments from more than a year ago.

Dimitar

Sandslash+Lugia fan
Yes, I took a more extreme point in that than I would have normally, for the sake of driving those flamers away more than anything. Now, to clarify what I DO think, it is that sexual attraction is a very analogous thing. Just like you can never get rid of light altogether no matter how dark you make something, sexual attraction spreads to things and areas of functioning not normally associated with sexuality in ways so diffuse that they can almost always be undetected/disregarded, but that are still present in their minute quantities. Neuroscience will tell you, nothing in the brain is clear-cut. Areas of functioning overlap everywhere, and sexuality, as hardwired and fundamental as it is, is no exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.