• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

I like how people make huge essays out of an anime aimed at people below 12.

If only this level of devotion was given to anime with the same target audience... The ones very early at Saturday mornings.

But anyhow, a Weavile again? So if the ninja village arc had a reused Pokemon from the villains, the villains reuse another one?

Because even things aimed at people below a certain age are still written by people above that age. Unless it's something for those less than 5, there will always likely be things to analyze because it's all subconscious for the writers. They may not know they're doing it, but there is often a deeper narrative at play regardless of age level. Look at Disney films.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
But anyhow, a Weavile again? So if the ninja village arc had a reused Pokemon from the villains, the villains reuse another one?

Weavile is a fast and powerful Pokémon, which will surely be useful in facing Ash's fast-paced, Flying- and Dragon-filled team.

However, I admit I would have liked to see a different Pokémon, maybe another speedy one...

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This is just a thought in regards to one of the 2 members of Alain's team that are still unknown, but if you compare his, Sawyer's/Shota's, and Ash's Team you will notice they all have Pseudo-Legendary pokemon and here is the break down of that:

Ash: Goodra
Sawyer/Shota: Salamence
Alain: Metagross, and Tyranitar

and if you compare Ash's and Sawyer's/Shota's Team you will also notice that they have a Semi-Pseudo Legendary pokemon(basically it is a pokemon that is often mistaken for a Pseudo Legendary pokemon but does not meet the criteria to be one.) and here is a break down of that:

Ash: Noivern
Sawyer/Shota: Slaking

Also here is a list of the Semi-Pseudo Legendary pokemon:

Kingdra
Slaking
Aggron
Flygon
Lucario
Haxorus
Zoroark
Volcarona
Noivern

so maybe since Ash, Alain, and Sawyer/Shota all have Pseudo-Legendary pokemon and Ash and Sawyer/Shota also have a Semi-Pseudo Legendary pokemon then maybe Alain will have one as well. So if we also take into account that it seems like Alain is going to have a pokemon that represents each generation(1-6) then we can narrow it down through the process of elimination of which one Alain might wind up with and here goes:

Okay since Alain already has a pokemon from the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations then we can eliminate Semi-Pseudo Legendary pokemon from those generation as he won't get them if he is only getting 1 pokemon from each generation, so that eliminates these pokemon:

Kingdra
Slaking
Aggron
Flygon
Lucario

Which leaves us with Haxorus, Zoroark, Volcarona, and Noivern. Also we can eliminate Noivern since Ash has a Noivern and there probably not going to give Alain a pokemon that Ash is currently using on his Kalos Team. So that leaves these last 3 options which are all generation 5 pokemon:

Haxorus
Zoroark
Volcarona

Now also if you notice between Ash's, Alain's, and Sawyer's/ Shota's Teams there is representation for 15 out of the 18 types that exists so if the writers plan to have it so that between all 3 teams combine all 18 types wind up getting represented then the 3 remaining types that need to be represented are Bug, Poison, and Ground and there is a way this works with Alain getting a Semi-Psuedo Legendary pokemon and then one more pokemon that will represent the last 3 types then here is how that works:

If the writers give Alain a Volcarona then that gives Alain Alain a Semi-Pseudo Legendary pokemon which also happens to be a Bug/Fire type, and then the only way that the Posion and Ground types could still be represented without being left out would be if the last pokemon was a Duel Poison/Ground type pokemon, although the only pokemon that fit that typing would be Nidoking and Nidoqueen which are generation 1 pokemon, so maybe like some one suggested Mega Charizard X is Alain's representive for gen 6 and then he winds up getting a Nidoking or Nidoqueen for his last pokemon.

So maybe Alain's Team for the league will be this:

Alain's Kalos League Team:
Charizard<-->Mega Charizard X
Metagross
Tyranitar
Weavile
Volcarona
Nidoking or Nidoqueen

so what do you think?

love this. Honestly couldnt think of anything better, and I'd love Alain's team if it were that. Volcarona seems like it'd be a really tough poke for Ash to defeat.
Whens the last time we've seen a nidoking or Nidoqueen in good action? I'm so pumped to finally find out!

I really want to see Pikachu using Rock Tomb Climb against Tyranitar for old times sake. Show us that Ash's gym battles worth something.

Epicocity

He wasn't talking about the move Rock Climb, he was talking about the strategy he used against Grant to counter Rock Tomb.

And its further application Draco Meteor Climb! But I agree, I want to see that and Trick Room Breaker again, especially the latter against Alain (who could feasibly set it up for slow powerhouses like Tyranitar?).

Who really just wishes that Counter Shield could return?

jrizza88

Meteorite
And its further application Draco Meteor Climb! But I agree, I want to see that and Trick Room Breaker again, especially the latter against Alain (who could feasibly set it up for slow powerhouses like Tyranitar?).

Who really just wishes that Counter Shield could return?

would love to see Pikachu use counter shield to ward off whatever attack or ability Tyranitar uses or activates

Epicocity

would love to see Pikachu use counter shield to ward off whatever attack or ability Tyranitar uses or activates

Ward off that sandstorm with Counter Shield like a boss...ooh...wait...Tyranitar...rock type...rock tomb, maybe? Rock Tomb Climb may very well make a return!

ShadowForce720

You know I'm surprised how much the weather moves and/or abilities are being used this time around, in other series we would have been lucky to see 1 of the weather conditions triggered by moves or abilities at least once, now were seeing them a bit more often and have seen a couple of them multiple times and now during the Kalos League, were we've seen Rain caused by Rain Dance,
Sunny weather caused by Drought, thanks to pokefan specifically talking about Tyrantiar ability it's safe to say were going to be seeing Sandstream, so really the only weather condition besides fog that were missing that we might see is Hail although we did see Hail caused by Snow Warning during Ash's 8th gym battle it hasn't appeared at the league yet.

Maybe Alain's Weavile has the move Hail and winds up using it in this episode although I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.
Also we've seen Electric & Grassy terrain be used in the main anime although we haven't seen Misty Terrain be used yet outside of the Pikachu short that had all the Eeveeloutions along with Eevee in it.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Pikachu is likely going to be defeated by Tyranitar in my opinion. I don't it winning due to the fact Tyranitar is fully evolved unlike it and is a pseudo-legendary. Greninja can do the trick or Hawlucha.

Epicocity

You know I'm surprised how much the weather moves and/or abilities are being used this time around, in other series we would have been lucky to see 1 of the weather conditions triggered by moves or abilities at least once, now were seeing them a bit more often and have seen a couple of them multiple times and now during the Kalos League, were we've seen Rain caused by Rain Dance,
Sunny weather caused by Drought, thanks to pokefan specifically talking about Tyrantiar ability it's safe to say were going to be seeing Sandstream, so really the only weather condition besides fog that were missing that we might see is Hail although we did see Hail caused by Snow Warning during Ash's 8th gym battle it hasn't appeared at the league yet.

Maybe Alain's Weavile has the move Hail and winds up using it in this episode although I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.
Also we've seen Electric & Grassy terrain be used in the main anime although we haven't seen Misty Terrain be used yet outside of the Pikachu short that had all the Eeveeloutions along with Eevee in it.

I would think it's because of the 3D battlefield that allows weather to constantly be portrayed and not taken up by speedlines or stock backgrounds. Makes it more dynamic, too. But you're right: Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Terrains (not quite the same, but close enough). All we're really missing is Fog. Oh, we had Sunny Day, but that was so hard to tell it was pointless.

Alexander18 said:
Pikachu is likely going to be defeated by Tyranitar in my opinion. I don't it winning due to the fact Tyranitar is fully evolved unlike it and is a pseudo-legendary. Greninja can do the trick or Hawlucha.

You do realize this is the same Pikachu that's taken out a Regice, Latios, and Mega Lucario, right? Psuedo-Legendary status does nothing to worsen Pikachu's chances. If anything...it might even raise them.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I would think it's because of the 3D battlefield that allows weather to constantly be portrayed and not taken up by speedlines or stock backgrounds. Makes it more dynamic, too. But you're right: Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Terrains (not quite the same, but close enough). All we're really missing is Fog. Oh, we had Sunny Day, but that was so hard to tell it was pointless.

You do realize this is the same Pikachu that's taken out a Regice, Latios, and Mega Lucario, right? Psuedo-Legendary status does nothing to worsen Pikachu's chances. If anything...it might even raise them.

Pikachu had Iron Tail for Regice, it took advantage of being of Latios back which is why it won, Mega Lucario was worn down for it to win so those wins are kind of luck in my opinion. The size of Tyranitar and the raw power of it should be enough to take Pikachu out in my opinion.

Epicocity

Pikachu had Iron Tail for Regice, it took advantage of being of Latios back which is why it won, Mega Lucario was worn down for it to win so those wins are kind of luck in my opinion. The size of Tyranitar and the raw power of it should be enough to take Pikachu out in my opinion.

Ummm...how does that make it any less viable? Iron Tail is a move that Pikachu can learn, yes. That makes it no less viable in use against Regice, especially since it still knows it to this day. I guess every victory from Roxanne on is illegitimate, according to that. Pikachu on Latios' back? Yeah, that's called a strategy. They're done all the time in the anime, like turning Future Sight against Olympia, or Trick Room Breaker, or heating up the field to get rid of Toxic Spikes. As for Mega Lucario, we have no proof it was worn down. It looked in pretty great condition up against Pikachu, and we can pretty much assume Fletchinder and Hawlucha went down fast. Also, size and raw power mean almost nothing in the anime against a good strategy. See: Ash's Torterra.

Ummm...how does that make it any less viable? Iron Tail is a move that Pikachu can learn, yes. That makes it no less viable in use against Regice, especially since it still knows it to this day. I guess every victory from Roxanne on is illegitimate, according to that. Pikachu on Latios' back? Yeah, that's called a strategy. They're done all the time in the anime, like turning Future Sight against Olympia, or Trick Room Breaker, or heating up the field to get rid of Toxic Spikes. As for Mega Lucario, we have no proof it was worn down. It looked in pretty great condition up against Pikachu, and we can pretty much assume Fletchinder and Hawlucha went down fast. Also, size and raw power mean almost nothing in the anime against a good strategy. See: Ash's Torterra.

I wouldn't get into this ;). He writes every one of Pikachu's impressive victories off as luck.

Pikachu is going to wipe the floor with Tyranitar.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Hey you forgot everything swellow ever did as the DEM, or plot wins XD.

Also I blame suicide mountain.

Epicocity

Hey you forgot everything swellow ever did as the DEM, or plot wins XD.

Also I blame suicide mountain.

Oh, I was just focusing on Pikachu, and using Torterra as an example of how being big and having strong attacks means literally nothing in the anime. I also blame suicide mountain...and very poor Synthesis planning. To believe...when Grotle first learned Rock Climb, you could almost think it would be his key to victory...but no. Why, oh why, did they give him the Energy Ball swallow powerup and then have Dawn be the only one to use it?

How? One Earthquake would defeat Pikachu. It has Iron Tail but Tyranitar might have that covered.

Might be a bit weak but I can't think of another reason then because it's Pikachu.

Epicocity

How? One Earthquake would defeat Pikachu. It has Iron Tail but Tyranitar might have that covered.

Wait...how can Tyranitar have Iron Tail covered? And it won't know Earthquake. Earthquake hasn't been used as a move in the anime since, I think, AG (?). Especially after 2011, it's not gonna happen, so find a different Earth move to cover that.

Status
Not open for further replies.