• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
But seriously, if it's a 2-part episode

Depends on XYZ36. We saw Ash battling in the league in one of the screenshots. The last person he needs to battle is Alain. So if there is no suprising plot twist where Ash needs to fight other persons in this episode, then the battle will probably already start in XYZ36, which will make the battle at least 2 and a half episodes long.

Navin

MALDREAD
Depends on XYZ36. We saw Ash battling in the league in one of the screenshots. The last person he needs to battle is Alain. So if there is no suprising plot twist where Ash needs to fight other persons in this episode, then the battle will probably already start in XYZ36, which will make the battle at least 2 and a half episodes long.

Ideal scenario would be to start this battle during the last several minutes of episode 36, go the full two episodes, and then end (with or without an interruption) in the first ten minutes of episode 39.

thor94

Thankfully the fact that it's a two parter means Alain won't curbstomp Ash like Trollbias did and the battles won't be as rushed. I really think this could be Ash's chance to win this region, or at the very least come very close.

that means nothing. Maybe the battle will only begin at the end of episode and ash will be curbstomped in next episode.
after all, despite XY32 title was "megazard showdown" the lizards barely obtained 3 minutes screentime.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Either you're from the future, can SEE the future, or you're saying things you really shouldn't be saying 5 episodes too early.

We already saw that every one of Ash's battles before he faces Sawyer have been skipped over. That's not the future buddy..

Rohanator

We already saw that every one of Ash's battles before he faces Sawyer have been skipped over. That's not the future buddy..
He said the only good things this league did was Ash reaching the finals before we've even seen either of the full battles, the conclusion, etc. That's speaking too early. Buddy.

Rohanator

I meant the battles that were skipped BEFORE the last two.

It's obvious the last two aren't getting skipped.
...If you meant that the only good thing the league has done SO FAR is Ash reaching finals then say it like that, you made it seem like you already think the Ash VS Shota and Alan battles aren't good. And given the general attitudes around here you can't really fault me for that interpretation. :p

Rohanator

How was it open for interpretation? One thing is saying he reached the finals, the other is saying how the battles were rushed to make that happen anyway.

I could compliment a good soup and still criticize the fly that got into it that kept me from enjoying it.
Saying "the only good thing the league did" implies the whole league, as if the league was already over. AKA I assumed you were just being overly negative towards the future league eps. I'll admit I was wrong but you could still make it more clear by adding a nice, crispy "so far" to the end of the sentence.

ZettaSlowKing

So we've got Metagross in this episode and Charizard in the next. Hopefully this means a full-length two-parter is in our future.
I mean it COULD be a curbstomp, but I doubt it. Especially if Ash is fighting with "All of his passion." I also think this makes up for
the lack of Ash battles we've seen in the league. I rewatched the Hoenn League (My personal favorite, seconded by Sinnoh) the other day and realized that
the full battles themselves only took up about one episode length apiece. Heck, even Ash vs Gary was 22 minutes long. So with two
full battles at two episodes each, we might be in for a treat. While this league could have been much better, I like how it looks to be finishing out.

I wonder if we'll see reserves in this battle. I hope Ash goes with an all power team like he did against Gary, but hey, the Kalos Team is pretty dang powerful too.
I dunno though, maybe this is where Ash finally wins it all. Or maybe we just get treated to an epic battle between Ash and Alain. Either way, I'm back on that
League hype. I'll be real interested to see what Alain's team is like too.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
that means nothing. Maybe the battle will only begin at the end of episode and ash will be curbstomped in next episode.
after all, despite XY32 title was "megazard showdown" the lizards barely obtained 3 minutes screentime.

That wouldn't make any sense, they are have a stand by episode right before this episode, there isn't a reason to put off the battle in this episode.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
This is probably the first time the audience has seen a Pokémon from Alain that's not Charizard, it'll be an exciting experience for everyone.

He's still nothing compared to the train wreck that was Tobias.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This is probably the first time the audience has seen a Pokémon from Alain that's not Charizard, it'll be an exciting experience for everyone.

He's still nothing compared to the train wreck that was Tobias.

Lol, we saw him use a Metang like 20 episodes ago xD.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Alain's Metagross might be able to take two of Ash's pokemon down before finally getting defeated. Either that or some other pokemon on his team would do it in my opinion.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm afraid Ash could win the league only because Alain has only two pokemon.

Alain wouldn't have been allowed to participate period if this were the case. Not since you're required to at least have 3 at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.