• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

The amount of Pokemon we're seeing in the first half makes me kind of nervous, I don't want to see a bunch of rushed match ups. Hopefully the fact that Pikachu is facing three different Pokemon just means there's a lot of switching because I REALLY don't want to see it get two wins again.

Unfezant and Bisharp are cool choices, I guess, although they feel kind of random. I wanted to see something from Kalos. :/

DS0308

<--- Actually me
And I should mention as a follow-up to me not paying attention earlier, the battlefield definitely does change. I just hope they don't get too far into the second half, maybe just the first match-up (Pikachu vs Metagross)? I can understand that a bit when you compare it with the Sawyer battle, the episode ended just before the interval but lost about 5 minutes at the start of the episode.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Pikachu is actually the first one, I'm looking at the preview when he sends out the Electro ball all of Satoshi Pokeball are red, so no one is beaten, Alain first is Tyranitar.

Last edited:

Ofrea123

if anyone can see what alain switched out before the smoke covers the scoreboard when ash face is shown would be great. I know its not a pokeball but cant tell what pokemon it is beside unfezant

Ominous Wind

The preview shows that Ash has lost Noivern and Hawlucha by the time Talonflame battles Unfezant. Alain has lost Tyranitar and either Bisharp, Metagross or Weavile.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
So... wow. Ash is really making Alain switch around during this battle as we get to see all six of his Pokémon in the preview. Also, it seems like Noivern is the second one to lose in the match, so hopefully he gets a well-deserved win.

BTW, no Goodra and Greninja in the preview, meaning either Ash is knocking Alain's team around easily, or he's just making him switch like a smart person. Please let some guys get some wins for him though. BTW, can we get a list of confirmed battles and battlefield locations so we can speculate on who's winning and losing?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
No, no, no. View attachment 15846If you've seen the semi finals then you would know Slaking goes down first

I guess I didn't pay attention to the scoreboard, I did watch the semi finals.

Regardless of that Pikachu is the first one since we see him being the first, alongside Tyranitar, but I guess Noivern is the first being koed.

No, Unfezant is still active while Noivern has been defeated.

He/She said Talonflame not Noivern.

Judging by the explosion Talonflame, and Unfezant migth indeed tie.

NitroLightningFlash

Wow so Alain's team is:

~ Tyranitar, which Pikachu is shown facing
~ Weavile, which Hawlucha is shown facing
~ Unfezant, which Talonflame is shown battling (can't tell if Noivern faces this as well or not)
~ Metagross, which Pikachu is shown facing
~ Bisharp (can't tell what it's facing)
~ Charizard, which Pikachu is shown facing

There's no Goodra or Greninja here (though Greninja is probably being saved for last-the next episode).

I hope this doesn't mean Goodra's the fall guy here since he wasn't shown (at least with Ash Greninja you can say it's because they're saving him for last).

I think so far:

~ Pikachu will defeat Tyranitar and Metagross
~ Hawlucha will beat Weavile
~ Talonflame will either beat Unfezant, or Unfezant beats Talonflame, who then gets defeated by Noivern (since i couldn't tell who Noivern was facing).

Either way, there's a LOT of switching around which is awesome! :D

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Goodra will be kept to be Charizard fodder, aka being brought back to do nothing...I find it weird that Goodra wasn't shown at all, even if it's not fodder it's probably not getting much screentime since it wasn't shown.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Unfezant... That's surprising lol. Apparently this thing will redeem the catastrophe that was Ash's.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Matchups we know so far in this episode

Pikachu VS Tyranitar/Metagross/Charizard
Hawlucha VS Weavile
Talonflame VS Unfezant

Also, it appears both Noivern and Hawlucha go down in order when the explosion where Talonflame and Unfezant battling occurs. Ash and Alain are tied at the moment, having lost two Pokémon apiece. I can tell Alain lost Tyranitar, but I can't make out the second one. I would assume either Bisharp or Weavile seeing as how they are battling on the rock and water field in the preview.

ssquaderi

according to the preview, Pikachu battles Weavile, Tyranitar, Matagross and Charizard, wow, meanwhile Goodra not even seen, hope Goodra isnt the fall guy :/

Ominous Wind

I think we might get to see some more double KO's. That or Hawlucha loses to Weavile, which I honestly wouldn't want.

He/She said Talonflame not Noivern.

Judging by the explosion Talonflame, and Unfezant migth indeed tie.

Whoops! That was mistake. It's late here...

Rohanator

Alan only has 2 fainted Mons by the time Hawlucha and Noivern are down so if they don't beat Tyranitar and (I assume, the pic is a bit blurry) Weavile then they'll be foddered so hopefully Pikachu gets recalled VS Tyranitar and Noivern beats it. Noivern then loses to Weavile and Hawlucha avenges his son.

TheScentedApple

So can we all agree that when the Talonflame/Unfezant clash happens someone faints and the battlefield changes? Because that seems most logical

Status
Not open for further replies.