• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Looking at the preview with more detail, It looks like Noivern fights Bisharp. This could be the double KO.

Problem is, Alain's only revealed two of his Pokémon by then and judging from the preview, it looks like he's only sent out Tyranitar and Weavile, who've both lost by the time he has Unfezant in to face Talonflame. I think he'll either be switching out for Bisharp or trying for something else because we know that he has four Pokémon used on the waterfall stage.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
It looks like the first two to be defeat for Ash might be Noivern and Hawlucha and the first two to be defeated for Alain might be Tyranitar and Weavile. I hope Hawluch defeats Bisharp, if Pikachu really does defeat Tyranitar.

Goodra will be kept to be Charizard fodder, aka being brought back to do nothing...I find it weird that Goodra wasn't shown at all, even if it's not fodder it's probably not getting much screentime since it wasn't shown.

It might not. We haven't seen Ash's Greninja in a picture of video for this episode. It could be in the next episode and defeat something there.

So maybe it starts like this.

Pikachu VS Tyranitar (Pikachu wins)
Pikachu VS Charizard (Both get recalled)
Noivern VS Weavile (Weavile wins)
Hawlucha VS Weavile (Hawlucha wins)
Hawlucha VS Unfezant (Unfezant wins; gets recalled)

Navin

MALDREAD
Unfezant? What a joke. You can clearly tell its there to be fodder for Smogonbird, who'll probably get wrecked in the next battle.

Bisharp and Weavile. Did they just get lazy and decide to stick him with two Pokemon we've already seen battle in XY&Z?

nuzamaki90

No see, check out Ash's side of the panel. Next to Unfezant there is a fainted Pokemon which means Weavile, Tyranitar, and Bisharp all go down before Unfezant VS Talonflame.

Heekful

So Goodra will be the fall guy since we have seen every mon of Alain and we didn't see Goodra and Greninja obviously is the last Ash's mon , so bad for him.

Ominous Wind

So Goodra will be the fall guy since we have seen every mon of Alain and we didn't see Goodra and Greninja obviously is the last Ash's mon , so bad for him.

There seems to be a lot of recalling during the battle. For all we know, Goodra could sweep through the scraps until he gets to Charizard. Otherwise, there was honestly no point in bringing Goodra back.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Our first LEAGUE FINAL!

HYPE:HYPE:HYPE:HYPE:HYPE:HYPE:HYPE

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Seems like this battle is extremely fast-paced, unless we see a lot of switching, which I don't think will happen. One of the frame shows Alain lost 2 or 3 pokemon and Ash lost 2 pokemon without none of them switched out.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like Pikachu is getting switched out.

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Scratch that, this is how I see the start of it going now.

Pikachu VS Tyranitar (Pikachu wins and gets recalled or gets recalled)
Noivern VS Tyranitar (Noivern wins; if Pikachu doesn’t defeat Tyranitar)
Hawlucha VS Bisharp (Bisharp wins; gets recalled)

nuzamaki90

Scratch that, this is how I see the start of it going now.

Pikachu VS Tyranitar (Pikachu wins and gets recalled or gets recalled)
Noivern VS Tyranitar (Noivern wins; if Pikachu doesn’t defeat Tyranitar)
Hawlucha VS Bisharp (Bisharp wins; gets recalled)

Yeah I watched the preview in higher quality and it looks like Bisharp got recalled. So Talonflame and Unfezant are going to tie and then the field changes.

Can't believe Noivern is leaving the League with no wins, one tie, and one lose.

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
Alain has a scary team at first, then I see the Unfezant. You have 5 strong Pokemon and then you bring out that garbage? I can't take Alain seriously anymore.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It looks like the first two to be defeat for Ash might be Noivern and Hawlucha and the first two to be defeated for Alain might be Tyranitar and Weavile. I hope Hawluch defeats Bisharp, if Pikachu really does defeat Tyranitar.

It might not. We haven't seen Ash's Greninja in a picture of video for this episode. It could be in the next episode and defeat something there.

So maybe it starts like this.

Pikachu VS Tyranitar (Pikachu wins)
Pikachu VS Charizard (Both get recalled)
Hawlucha VS Unfezant (Unfezant wins; gets recalled)

Yes, but Greninja absence has an obvious explanation, he will be the last to fight, and will show up in the next episode(at least).

Unfezant? What a joke. You can clearly tell its there to be fodder for Smogonbird, who'll probably get wrecked in the next battle.

Bisharp and Weavile. Did they just get lazy and decide to stick him with two Pokemon we've already seen battle in XY&Z?

Hopefully it beats two Pokemon so you are wrong 4chandread.

It's called tightening the budget to use it on the shuriken.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Pikachu is fighting 2/3 of Alain's squad, lol.

On one hand, Ash's starter damn well better have a big role in his first Final, and potential League victory. On the other hand, top kek @ 'Ultimate Team!'.

Rohanator

I assume Pika gets recalled VS Tyranitar, beats Metagross and gets to damage Charizard a bit. If that's the case then it's acceptable imo. Forcing Pikachu to recall early is basically them just having Alan assert dominance over Ash without having to sacrifice one of his Kalos Mon's wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.