• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

I actually don't think Pikachu takes down Metagross, but we'll see
Well I guess one possibility in regards to the whole Pikachu, Bisharp, Metagross, Charizard thing in the second half is that it could go like this:

Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard is recalled
Pikachu vs Metagross: episode ends in a cliff hanger after Metagross shakes Pikachu off it.

then in episode 38:

Pikachu vs Metagross(cont.): Pikachu is recalled
Goodra vs Metagross: Goodra
Goodra vs Bisharp: Bisharp
Pikachu vs Bisharp: Pikachu
Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard
Talonflame(If it's previous battle didn't end in a draw) vs Charizard: Charizard
Greninja <-->Ash-Greninja vs Charizard vs Mega Charizard X: Greninja<-->Ash-Greninja

Joltik-Kid

Meh ಠ_ಠ
Well I guess one possibility in regards to the whole Pikachu, Bisharp, Metagross, Charizard thing in the second half is that it could go like this:

Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard is recalled
Pikachu vs Metagross: episode ends in a cliff hanger after Metagross shakes Pikachu off it.

then in episode 38:

Pikachu vs Metagross(cont.): Pikachu is recalled
Goodra vs Metagross: Goodra
Goodra vs Bisharp: Bisharp
Pikachu vs Bisharp: Pikachu
Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard
Talonflame(If it's previous battle didn't end in a draw) vs Charizard: Charizard
Greninja <-->Ash-Greninja vs Charizard vs Mega Charizard X: Greninja<-->Ash-Greninja
That would mean Pikachu faces 5 members of Alain's team since Pikachu vs Weavile is a thing

Epicocity

Guys the extended Preview shows that Weavile also is facing Pikachu
Unless, as someone pointed out to me, that part is spliced. Pikachu looks like he's coming in first from that shot, but we know Tyranitar is first on Alain's side. They could have just spliced the two scenes together to mess with all of us.

Epicocity

To prove that Ash does actually remember he has a Pikachu when it comes down to Greninja taking the spotlight?
Greninja: winner and decider of the battle.
Pikachu: true MVP of the League.

And here everyone thought it'd be Greninja...

Joltik-Kid

Meh ಠ_ಠ
Unless, as someone pointed out to me, that part is spliced. Pikachu looks like he's coming in first from that shot, but we know Tyranitar is first on Alain's side. They could have just spliced the two scenes together to mess with all of us.
Considering extended trailers are suppose to give us information we missed... I can't image that was spliced. Then again, if Pikachu really is fighting Weavile, the whole match up stuff gets really complicated

Epicocity

Considering extended trailers are suppose to give us information we missed... I can't image that was spliced. Then again, if Pikachu really is fighting Weavile, the whole match up stuff gets really complicated
Well, like last week's sponsor message had Ash and Alain going to the finals, and then Mairin meeting Chespin. The two had literally nothing to do with each other and happened in two totally separate places in the episode, so...

Pteranodonte

We don't actually see Pikachu fighting Weavile. We only see Pikachu going into the field and in the next scene Alain calling out Weavile. They could be 2 different scenes.

AuraChannelerChris

"How did you manage to faint while standing up?"
No way in hell I'm reading all of these comments piling up quickly.

Pfft! Besides 3 absolute monsters, Alain is swamped with familiar Pokemon. A Bisharp that we already saw the team fight before, a Weavile that a Greninja already fought, and a...Unfezant... What? Why not just give him a Pidgeot? Are they trying to give Unfezant redemption after that horrible showing in the previous league?

Damn. Three fights for Pikachu?

I hope you guys like switching after not seeing it for so long since Clemont's gym...because Pikachu is the one getting it all AND a lot of it. Ha!

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Meh ಠ_ಠ
We don't actually see Pikachu fighting Weavile. We only see Pikachu going into the field and in the next scene Alain calling out Weavile. They could be 2 different scenes.
Well, like last week's sponsor message had Ash and Alain going to the finals, and then Mairin meeting Chespin. The two had literally nothing to do with each other and happened in two totally separate places in the episode, so...
Well all things considered the entire preview was mostly the Pikachu show to begin with...

Satoshi & Touko

Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

This is just me I guess, but I feel that given the impact I see Ash winning the League having, Greninja being the one to decide the battle would make him just as much of an MVP of the League as Pikachu.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!

Well stated haha
Tbh I'm surprised pikachu is getting so many battles here but it is ash's first chance to win a league in the finals so I'm glad pikachu is rising to the occasion!
Lol at Alain having an unfezant, Id be very disappointed/shocked if talonflame loses to it

Rohanator

Since Pikachu is sent out the same time as Weavile it will obviously get recalled since Lucha also fights Weavile, kind of interesting if it gets recalled against both Tyranitar and Weavile. There might be some sort of build up where Ash tries to use Pikachu several times but always fails until it beats Metagross, whereas Alan feels frustrated about failing to KO Pikachu so many times and resorts to Charizard.

catzeye

Writer's Block
This is just me I guess, but I feel that given the impact I see Ash winning the League having, Greninja being the one to decide the battle would make him just as much of an MVP of the League as Pikachu.
It's no doubt that Greninja will be an MVP. However with Pikachu being the veteran of Ash's "Ultimate team" it actually makes since for him to be a MVP as well. It just wouldn't feel right if Ash wins the league without Pikachu putting in major work.

I'm okay with Pikachu not giving the final blow since it seems as if he is going to give Alain's Pokemon a rough time. Alain hasn't really seen Pikachu in action and it will no doubt surprise him that an unevolved Pokemon is going to be a real threat.

Epicocity

Oh, I'm not denying that Greninja would be a star of the battle. But Pikachu took down two of Sawyer's team, and then he'll be battling 3-4 of Alain's, presumably taking at least one down...that speaks volumes. Little guy deserves it in Ash's ultimate match.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's prediction v2:

==Rock terrain==

Tyranitar / Pikachu
(Pikachu recalled)
Tyranitar / Dracula Otachi
Bisharp / Dracula Otachi
(Bisharp recalled)
Weavile / Pikachu
(Pikachu recalled)
Weavile / Lucha
Charizard / Lucha
Charizard / Pikachu
(both recalled)
Unfezant / Smogonbird (Draw)

==Stage switch to Grass terrain==

Metagross / Pikachu --> [episode ends here]
Metagross / Pikachu (Draw)
Bisharp / Barney
Charizard / Barney
(Mega) Charizard X /???/ (Sato)Smogonfrog

PAndrews

To prove that Ash does actually remember he has a Pikachu when it comes down to Greninja taking the spotlight?
And yet Pikachu took the spotlight against Sawyer and it appears again here.
Greninja gets the strongest opponent, Pikachu gets most wins and fights half the opponents team, which is ridiculous and terrible writing in a league where only 2 battles are fully shown in which Pikachu gets to shine at the expense of Hawlucha (losing despite a type advantage), Noivern (all it got is a tie so far) and Goodra (why did it return for a stalemate). Unless Pikachu is in 3 of the battles but gets recalled or loses them all, its clear at least one, possibly 2 of the others are a flallguy for Pikachu again.

Amine

And yet Pikachu took the spotlight against Sawyer and it appears again here.
Greninja gets the strongest opponent, Pikachu gets most wins and fights half the opponents team, which is ridiculous and terrible writing in a league where only 2 battles are fully shown in which Pikachu gets to shine at the expense of Hawlucha (losing despite a type advantage), Noivern (all it got is a tie so far) and Goodra (why did it return for a stalemate). Unless Pikachu is in 3 of the battles but gets recalled or loses them all, its clear at least one, possibly 2 of the others are a flallguy for Pikachu again.
All good for me. As far as I'm concerned, from all ash's pokemon he has six that form his ultimate team right now: Pikachu/Charizard/Snorlax/Sceptile/Infernape/Ash-greninja and I don't really care about the others. So if any of these shine in a battle, that's a good battle. The rest is just there for the kids.

PAndrews

All good for me. As far as I'm concerned, from all ash's pokemon he has six that form his ultimate team right now: Pikachu/Charizard/Snorlax/Sceptile/Infernape/Ash-greninja and I don't really care about the others. So if any of these shine in a battle, that's a good battle. The rest is just there for the kids.
Small problem, the writers have literally called this his ultimate team, meaning this should be one of if not the strongest team he can assemble with what he has.

And before you label the Oaked guys as stronger, don't forget that this is a team in which all members have been shown capable of battling either legendaries, E4 or even champ level opponents.
- Hawlucha sent a Zapdos flying and has beaten a Mega one on one
- Noivern battled Zapdos on equal ground and Talonflame tanked multiple thunderbolts before finally going down
- Greninja, without transforming, was shown capable of battling Mega Charizard during their rematch and fought the champ on equal ground before both transformed.

So nostalgia and fanboyism aside, this team is shown and stated to consist of nothing but top rankers among all of Ash's pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.