• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the next episode had something that said Team Flare was planning things behind the scenes so maybe the reason why we see a lot more battles here is so they could fit Team Flare plotting in the episode after.

I do hope that the battles are choreographed well even though they're putting a lot in here.

ashsfuture

I had to watch the preview at least 3 times just to make sure I was looking at everything right, well first go pikachu fighting so far charizard, metagross, and tyranitar not really sure about weavile since hawlucha is fighting it.

So we do know that Alain is bringing out his full team in the first part of the battle which is good to see.

After looking at the score board as well looks like pikachu got recalled and Ash lost Noivern and Hawlucha, Alain lost tyranitar and weavile and the fight that's going on at that moment is Talonflame vs Unfezant, but who's fighting bisharp?

Last thing also looks like we're getting a field change in the part as well so the rocky battle field with the waterfall and then the grassy battle field with trees.

Great to see that Ash isn't using Greninja or Goodra just yet, maybe everyone on Ash's team will get a victory

andrewscott48209

I had to watch the preview at least 3 times just to make sure I was looking at everything right, well first go pikachu fighting so far charizard, metagross, and tyranitar not really sure about weavile since hawlucha is fighting it.

So we do know that Alain is bringing out his full team in the first part of the battle which is good to see.

After looking at the score board as well looks like pikachu got recalled and Ash lost Noivern and Hawlucha, Alain lost tyranitar and weavile and the fight that's going on at that moment is Talonflame vs Unfezant, but who's fighting bisharp?

Last thing also looks like we're getting a field change in the part as well so the rocky battle field with the waterfall and then the grassy battle field with trees.

Great to see that Ash isn't using Greninja or Goodra just yet, maybe everyone on Ash's team will get a victory

I think Goodra will take Bisharp out.

Souleraser

Casual Trainer
Pikachu/Noivern vs Tyranitar (Pikachu wins unless recalled for Noivern, either way, Noivern goes out second)
Bisharp/Weavile vs Noivern (Bisharp gets pressured, swapped out for Weavile - Weavile wins)
Weavile vs Pikachu/Hawlucha (If their face off happens, Weavile pressures Pikachu prompting a swap to Hawlucha, Hawlucha takes it down)
Hawlucha vs Unfezant (Unfezant wins)
Unfezant vs Talonflame (Draw)
Metagross vs Pikachu (Pikachu comes out victorious)
Charizard vs Pikachu (cliffhanger)

dp045

I just hope Goodra, Noivern and Hawlucha have victories, preferably against Bisharp, Tyranitar and Weavile respectively, while Talonflame can lose or draw against Unfezant. The interesting thing here is that Pikachu is facing against half the team of Alain and I believe in the possibility that Pikachu does not win any combat but fulfills the function test the pokemon Alain for Ash can change and use the more you appropriate at that time. If the writers handle it so fine by me because they could observe how strong Pikachu but not at the expense of the Pokemon Kalos (except for Greninja) be dulled.

Last edited:
Unless Bisharp is put up against Pikachu in this episode, Bisharp is recalled by the time Talonflame and Unfezant battle and then the grass field, we just see Pikachu vs. Metagross and Charizard so it'll probably be Goodra's win in the next episode.

I do think that if Pikachu vs. Weavile is a thing, it happens before Hawlucha vs. Weavile so Hawlucha has a good shot at taking a win here too.

It's just Noivern that I hope takes down Tyranitar that we haven't seen something for it so I hope that happens at least.

Epicocity

I'm kinda glad Alan has at least one "common" Pokemon. With us only ever seeing him spam Charizard him having raised all of these monsters was already a bit of a stretch. I'm sure it'll still be strong though. Talonflame VS Unfezant is the final fight before the field change so it might actually have some weight behind it.

You know, thinking on it, maybe the reason they gave Alain such a "plain" Pokemon is that it shows underneath it all he's really not this nasty individual who's hurtful to everyone around him. He's just confused. Just a thought, there.

andrewscott48209

You know, thinking on it, maybe the reason they gave Alain such a "plain" Pokemon is that it shows underneath it all he's really not this nasty individual who's hurtful to everyone around him. He's just confused. Just a thought, there.

Which probably explains the male Unfesant.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

I liked the fact that it wears a mask which usually represents hiding your true self, which Alain does. Also Unfezant doesn't warm up to anyone but their trainer, so I thought that was fitting for him as well. I think people are blinded by it's in-game uses.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
I'm really kind of curious how this all goes. The one I'm most worried about is Goodra, given the match-ups we've seen, I could see it wind up being a fall guy to Charizard at the end to show how much of a monster that thing is. But I'll keep my hopes up that Pikachu gets recalled against Tyranitar or Metagross and Goodra gets to take them out. Here's my current prediction:

Pikachu vs. Tyranitar (Pikachu and recalled)
Hawlucha vs. Weavile (Hawlucha)
Hawlucha vs. Bisharp (Bisharp)
Noivern vs. Bisharp (Noivern and recalled)
Talonflame vs. Unfezant (Draw)
Noivern vs. Metagross (Metagross)
Pikachu vs. Metagross (Pikachu)
Pikachu vs. Charizard (Charizard)
Goodra vs. Charizard (Charizard)
Greninja vs. Charizard (Greninja)

Like I said, ideally I'd prefer Pikachu to get recalled and let Goodra have the win against Tyranitar or maybe Metagross, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

EDIT: Wait, was it confirmed Hawlucha and Noivern are both down by the time of the Talonflame fight? I couldn't see the scoreboard in the preview.

ZettaSlowKing

Lovin' that Hoenn League throwback in the preview with Pikachu hanging onto Metagross. Thinkin' that'll be Pikachu's big win here.
I really hope Noivern finally gets some love here. As some others said, using his bat sonar to get past TTar's Sand Stream would be really cool.
Hope Goodra gets some quality wins too.

Its interesting though to not only see Pikachu used so much during the battle. But also to see Charizard out battling it in this ep. I'd figure Alain
would save Charizard for Greninja but maybe Pikachu is too much for Alain's team to handle. I'm starting to think that Charizard's early entrance
is in order to take out Pikachu early and then switch back once its gone. Although, assuming that is after Metagross comes in, that leaves Alain
with at most Bisharp and maaaaybe Unfeazant if it beats Talonflame. Pikachu has been putting in work this league though. Maybe Alain recognizes
it as a threat.

If I'm predicting the battle though I'm gonna say...

-Pikachu vs. Tyranitar (Pikachu recalled)
-Noivern vs. Tyranitar (Noivern)
-Noivern vs. Bisharp (Bisharp recalled)
-Noivern vs. Weavile (Weavile)
-Hawlucha vs. Weavile (Hawlucha)
-Hawlucha vs. Unfezant (Unfezant)
-Talonflame vs. Unfezant (Unfezant, recalled afterward)

FIELD CHANGE

-Pikachu vs. Metagross (Pikachu)
-Pikachu vs. Charizard (Charizard, recalled afterward)
-Goodra vs. Bisharp (Goodra)
-Goodra vs. Unfezant (Goodra)
-Goodra vs. Charizard (Charizard)
-Greninja vs. Charizard (Up for grabs)

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Getting Paul like here

Difference is Paul intentionally sacked two pokemon to find out what Ash had, Ash on the other hand would never do something like that.

EDIT: Wait, was it confirmed Hawlucha and Noivern are both down by the time of the Talonflame fight? I couldn't see the scoreboard in the preview.

towards the end of the preview where there is an aerial explosion above Alain and Ash, when it shifts to Ash you can see Unfezant on the scoreboard, beneath it you can see Noivern and Hawlucha greyed out.

Its interesting though to not only see Pikachu used so much during the battle. But also to see Charizard out battling it in this ep. I'd figure Alain would save Charizard for Greninja but maybe Pikachu is too much for Alain's team to handle. I'm starting to think that Charizard's early entrance
is in order to take out Pikachu early and then switch back once its gone. Although, assuming that is after Metagross comes in, that leaves Alain
with at most Bisharp and maaaaybe Unfeazant if it beats Talonflame. Pikachu has been putting in work this league though. Maybe Alain recognizes
it as a threat.

or maybe Ash manages to beat all five of his normal guys, is left with Pikachu, Goodra and Greninja, and we end with Pikachu getting crushed leaving the remaining two for the following episode.

Last edited:

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Just made a new prediction:

-Pikachu vs Tyranitar; Pikachu recalled
-Noivern vs Tyranitar; Noivern wins
-Noivern vs Bisharp; Bisharp wins
-Hawlucha vs Bisharp; Bisharp recalled
-Hawlucha vs Weavile; Hawlucha wns
-Hawlucha vs Unfezant; Unfezant wins
-Talonflame vs Unfezant; Draw

-Pikachu vs Metagross; Pikachu wins
-Pikachu vs Charizard; Cliffhanger, Charizard wins, recalled afterward
-Goodra vs Bisharp; Goodra wins
-Goodra vs Charizard; Charizard wins
-Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X; Ash-Greninja wins, Mega Chrizard wins, or Draw

Cradily17

Does Alain really have Unfezant as his final Pokémon? Not that it's necessarily bad, but all of Alain's other Pokémon are from different generations. Charizard (Gen 1), Tyranitar (Gen 2), Metagross (Gen 3), Weavile (Gen 4), but two Pokémon from Gen 5 (Bisharp and Unfezant). It seems weird he wouldn't have a sixth gen Pokémon like Pangoro or something.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Does Alain really have Unfezant as his final Pokémon? Not that it's necessarily bad, but all of Alain's other Pokémon are from different generations. Charizard (Gen 1), Tyranitar (Gen 2), Metagross (Gen 3), Weavile (Gen 4), but two Pokémon from Gen 5 (Bisharp and Unfezant). It seems weird he wouldn't have a sixth gen Pokémon like Pangoro or something.

That just means the generation thing was coincidence, not intended.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I am not really happy about Alain having Unfezant because that doesn't really provide a challenge for Ash. And a third Dark type? Hawlucha can basically defeat all three of them with ease especially as they all 4x weak to Fighting.

ZettaSlowKing

or maybe Ash manages to beat all five of his normal guys, is left with Pikachu, Goodra and Greninja, and we end with Pikachu getting crushed leaving the remaining two for the following episode.

True. My only concerns there are the 22 minute airtime they've got combined with Goodra's so far no-show. As well as Goodra being a fall guy if that is the case. Not saying that couldn't happen.
But man, that would suck for the big guy.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Unfezant is a cool species that was ridiculously underrepresented in its generation by the Anime, cool gimmick, decent support move pool, passable ingame speed and great attack with decent spa to abuse mixed stabs through the game, in pvp he is just so mediocre and not excelling at anything so people just ditch it when compared to the glorious staraptor destroyer of worlds and conqueror of the Sinnoh gyms.

It's nice to see unfezant in the limelight.

Also remember Talonflame I'd supposed to have a critical role here, so unfezant might be a bird of mass destruction or abuse tailwind.

Remember, typing doesn't matter, the show runs on the underdog principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.