• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax

Legend
I am not really happy about Alain having Unfezant because that doesn't really provide a challenge for Ash. And a third Dark type? Hawlucha can basically defeat all three of them with ease especially as they all 4x weak to Fighting.

You don't know that. You don't know what's Unfezant's moveset, or how fast or strong it is. You also don't know if it's defeated someone like Noivern or Hawlucha before battling Talonflame. You guys act like you've never watched this show and stats matter. Unfezant very well could be a challenge.

Epicocity

True. My only concerns there are the 22 minute airtime they've got combined with Goodra's so far no-show. As well as Goodra being a fall guy if that is the case. Not saying that couldn't happen.
But man, that would suck for the big guy.

Neither Goodra or Greninja are showing up in the episode period. The VA list proved that. So, I'm sure that Goodra will get a very good amount of screentime in the following episode. Just because it isn't showing up here doesn't make it a fall guy.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I am not really happy about Alain having Unfezant because that doesn't really provide a challenge for Ash. And a third Dark type? Hawlucha can basically defeat all three of them with ease especially as they all 4x weak to Fighting.

while not as severe, Talonflame also has advantage against 3 of them as well, two steels and 1 ice.

Ominous Wind

Place your bets everybody! Will Pikachu set a new record of League wins? He needs 2 more to beat his best record which is 3 wins in a League.

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
If he manages to drop Tyranitar and metagross I'll laugh.

I honestly won't be surprised if he does, but we'll see.

Now I'm trying to figure out how these match-ups go. So we can tell by the time of Talonflame vs. Unfezant that Ash has lost Hawlucha and Noivern and Alain has lost Tyranitar and Weavile (I think, it's a little hard for me to tell in the preview). But you can also see that Alain still has one Pokemon undefeated on the screen. Given the terrain the battles are on in the preview, I assume it would be Bisharp, but the image to me looks more like Charizard (again, though, it is fuzzy). Has anyone figured out specifically what it is?

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
The hype for this episode is real!

First off, Bisharp and Unphezant. Bisharp doesn't surprise me because of Weavile and it just seems to be common, but it is a cool pokemon (definitely one of the best from BW) and I think it will battle well. Unphezant was more of shock, but I have no problem with it. Of course, I would've preferred Braviary or Mandibuzz, but Unphezant looks pretty cool and it will probably battle well.

Secondly, I like how this battle seems fast-paced and there is a lot of switching. It reminds of Ash vs Paul. Also, hopefully those who were unhappy with no switching in the Shota battle are satisfied now.

Anyways here is my prediction (probably similar to everyone else):

Pikachu v. T-Tar: Pikachu recalled
Noivern v. T-Tar: Noivern gets his win
Noivern v. Bisharp: Bisharp wins and is recalled
Pikachu v. Weavile: Pikachu recalled
Hawlucha v. Weavile: Lucha wins
Hawlucha v. Unphezant: Unphezant gets the win
Talonflame v. Unphezant: Draw
Pikachu v. Metagross: Pikachu wins
Pikachu v. Charizard: Charizard wins and is recalled
Goodra v. Bisharp: Goodra wins
Goodra v. Charizard: Charizard wins
Ash-Greninja v. Mega Charizard X: Greninja wins and Ash wins his first league championship.

nickdt

The hype for this episode is real!

First off, Bisharp and Unphezant. Bisharp doesn't surprise me because of Weavile and it just seems to be common, but it is a cool pokemon (definitely one of the best from BW) and I think it will battle well. Unphezant was more of shock, but I have no problem with it. Of course, I would've preferred Braviary or Mandibuzz, but Unphezant looks pretty cool and it will probably battle well.

Secondly, I like how this battle seems fast-paced and there is a lot of switching. It reminds of Ash vs Paul. Also, hopefully those who were unhappy with no switching in the Shota battle are satisfied now.

Anyways here is my prediction (probably similar to everyone else):

Pikachu v. T-Tar: Pikachu recalled
Noivern v. T-Tar: Noivern gets his win
Noivern v. Bisharp: Bisharp wins and is recalled
Pikachu v. Weavile: Pikachu recalled
Hawlucha v. Weavile: Lucha wins
Hawlucha v. Unphezant: Unphezant gets the win
Talonflame v. Unphezant: Draw
Pikachu v. Metagross: Pikachu wins
Pikachu v. Charizard: Charizard wins and is recalled
Goodra v. Bisharp: Goodra wins
Goodra v. Charizard: Charizard wins
Ash-Greninja v. Mega Charizard X: Greninja wins and Ash wins his first league championship.

I think you are close,

Allthough i think it goes this way

Pikachu vs T-Tar (Pikachu recalled)
Noivern vs T-Tar (Noivern indeed wins and recalled)
Pikachu vs Weavile (Pikachu recalled)
Hawlucha vs Weavile (Draw)
Noivern vs Unfezant (Unfezant wins)

Field change (Possible Episode change)
Talonflame vs Unfezant (Talonflame)
Talonflame vs Bisharp (Talonflame wins)
Talonflame vs Charizard (Talonflame is recalled)
Pikachu vs Charizard (Pikachu recalled)
Goodra vs Metagross (Metagross)
Talonflame vs Metagross (Metagross)
Pikachu vs Metagross (Draw)
Ash-Greninja vs Mega Zard X (Ash-Greninja)

I do it like this, since i want Ash-Greninja and Mega Zard to go toe to toe, while both of them are still fresh.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
I think you are close,

I do it like this, since i want Ash-Greninja and Mega Zard to go toe to toe, while both of them are still fresh.

I'm pretty sure every pokemon features for Ash in this episode except Goodra and Greninja.

Epicocity

I think you are close,

Sorry, but this setup for the first half is plain impossible. Noivern is the first to fall, followed by Hawlucha on Ash's side. Therefore, it won't be facing Unfezant unless the bird is a sweeper.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Sorry, but this setup for the first half is plain impossible. Noivern is the first to fall, followed by Hawlucha on Ash's side. Therefore, it won't be facing Unfezant unless the bird is a sweeper.

Wait, when was this? If this is true, then Noivern doesn't even get a win which is a bit sad.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I honestly won't be surprised if he does, but we'll see.

Now I'm trying to figure out how these match-ups go. So we can tell by the time of Talonflame vs. Unfezant that Ash has lost Hawlucha and Noivern and Alain has lost Tyranitar and Weavile (I think, it's a little hard for me to tell in the preview). But you can also see that Alain still has one Pokemon undefeated on the screen. Given the terrain the battles are on in the preview, I assume it would be Bisharp, but the image to me looks more like Charizard (again, though, it is fuzzy). Has anyone figured out specifically what it is?
Man I can't tell at all what Alain's safe Pokemon is... but I can confirm Weavile, Tyranitar, Hawlucha, and Noviern are down. Pikachu is safe as it was recalled since it is colored.

If we're going by who the first Pokemon for each it darken out... then Weavile is before Tyranitar in terms of discolored for Alain. Or at least looks like it

Last edited:

nickdt

Which would be plain irony, since half of us are complaing its Unfezant, its weak. Thus i think Unfezant will indeed be the sweeper on the team.

Also, remember that it was said Talonflame was important due to its aerial mobility. Unfezant can be the same on Alains team.

Also, if we go off by the trailer, Pikachu battles both Weavile and Tyranitar. Maybe Weavile is the first on, Pikachu recalled, gets defeated by Hawlucha, Alain sends in Tyranitar, defeats Hawlucha, Pikachu comes in, gets recalled. Noivern comes in, defeats Tyranitar. Unfezant then comes in, defeats Noivern. Then Talonflame takes down Unfezant and Bisharp (Since i assume based on the description that Talonflame is an important part on the team it takes two mons down).

Last edited:

Epicocity

Man I can't tell at all what Alain's safe Pokemon is... but I can confirm Weavile, Tyranitar, Hawlucha, and Noviern are down. Pikachu is safe as it was recalled since it is colored.

If we're going by who the first Pokemon for each it darken out... then Weavile is before Tyranitar in terms of discolored for Alain. Or at least looks like it

Nah, remember that the one who's closest to the bigger picture for active Pokemon is the one who's first. Therefore the shot is...

Talonflame (big), Pikachu (colored), pokeball, pokeball, Noivern (grayed), Hawlucha (grayed)
This indicates that Noivern is first to fall, followed by Hawlucha, and Pikachu is recalled at some point.

Meanwhile, for Alain:

Unfezant (big), Bisharp (colored), pokeball, pokeball, Tyranitar (grayed), Weavile (grayed)
This means Tyranitar is first to fall, followed by Weavile and Bisharp is recalled.

Navin

MALDREAD
Looks like Pikachu v Charizard is happening in the second half of the match, after the stage switch. In that brief shot of Pikachu colliding into Charizard, you can see a shade of green and what looks like trees.

Also when Pikachu Quick Attacks Charizard, you don't see any rocks in the backdrop. But when Ash calls out Pikachu in the extended preview, you see rocks in the flank.

trees.jpg

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Looks like Pikachu v Charizard is happening in the second half of the match, after the stage switch. In that brief shot of Pikachu colliding into Charizard, you can see a shade of green and what looks like trees.

Also when Pikachu Quick Attacks Charizard, you don't see any rocks in the backdrop. But when Ash calls out Pikachu in the extended preview, you see rocks in the flank.

View attachment 15849

So does that mean that charizard beats pikachu here and then is recalled?

nickdt

So does that mean that charizard beats pikachu here and then is recalled?

I doubt it, since that will mean Bisharp is the last before Charizard. I doubt Alain will sack off Metagross before his other four are gone.

I personally believe this trailer is meant for this episode, but also for the next, but they are putting it into one trailer to hype us and that we get the rest of the trailer after next episode.

Nah, remember that the one who's closest to the bigger picture for active Pokemon is the one who's first. Therefore the shot is...

Talonflame (big), Pikachu (colored), pokeball, pokeball, Noivern (grayed), Hawlucha (grayed)
This indicates that Noivern is first to fall, followed by Hawlucha, and Pikachu is recalled at some point.

Meanwhile, for Alain:

Unfezant (big), Bisharp (colored), pokeball, pokeball, Tyranitar (grayed), Weavile (grayed)
This means Tyranitar is first to fall, followed by Weavile and Bisharp is recalled.

This is correct. And in terms of match-ups, we see: Pikachu vs. Tyranitar (1st pokemon on each side brought out, mountain/waterfall field), Noivern vs. Bisharp potentially (mountain/waterfall field), Hawlucha vs. Weavile (mountain/waterfall field), Talonflame vs. Unfezant (mountain/waterfall field), Pikachu vs. Metagross (grass field), Pikachu vs. Charizard (grass field). Pikachu and Weavile were seen being called out in the preview. Either the preview is splicing two separate events, or this actually happens. After taking all this into consideration, I think the way the battle plays out, that a good chunk of people have already speculated on, could look like this:

- Pikachu vs. Tyranitar (Pikachu is recalled or wins)
- Noivern vs. Tyranitar (in the case Pikachu is recalled)
- Noivern vs. Bisharp (Bisharp wins and is recalled)
- Pikachu vs. Weavile (if that preview is correct, Pikachu is recalled)
- Hawlucha vs. Weavile
- Hawlucha vs. Unfezant
- Talonflame vs. Unfezant (draw, field change occurs right after)
- Pikachu vs. Metagross
- Pikachu vs. Charizard (possible cliffhanger)

I doubt it, since that will mean Bisharp is the last before Charizard. I doubt Alain will sack off Metagross before his other four are gone.

I personally believe this trailer is meant for this episode, but also for the next, but they are putting it into one trailer to hype us and that we get the rest of the trailer after next episode.

Metagross is called out before Charizard I think. One of the scans had Pikachu go up against it but Pikachu looked unharmed. During the Metagross and Charizard matches, Pikachu looked damaged so what probably happens is Pikachu winning against Metagross then facing Charizard.

Probably by the end of this episode, Alain has Bisharp and Charizard remaining and Ash has Goodra and Greninja remaining.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
This is correct. And in terms of match-ups, we see: Pikachu vs. Tyranitar (1st pokemon on each side brought out, mountain/waterfall field), Noivern vs. Bisharp potentially (mountain/waterfall field), Hawlucha vs. Weavile (mountain/waterfall field), Talonflame vs. Unfezant (mountain/waterfall field), Pikachu vs. Metagross (grass field), Pikachu vs. Charizard (grass field). Pikachu and Weavile were seen being called out in the preview. Either the preview is splicing two separate events, or this actually happens. After taking all this into consideration, I think the way the battle plays out, that a good chunk of people have already speculated on, could look like this:

- Pikachu vs. Tyranitar (Pikachu is recalled or wins)
- Noivern vs. Tyranitar (in the case Pikachu is recalled)
- Noivern vs. Bisharp (Bisharp wins and is recalled)
- Pikachu vs. Weavile (if that preview is correct, Pikachu is recalled)
- Hawlucha vs. Weavile
- Hawlucha vs. Unfezant
- Talonflame vs. Unfezant (draw, field change occurs right after)
- Pikachu vs. Metagross
- Pikachu vs. Charizard (possible cliffhanger)

So you think charizard will actually face pikachu and then goodra AND then greninja? Honestly even for megazard x that seems like a little too much and I dont see how they could feasibly have greninja vs charizard be great or even fair when greninja is completely fresh.

So you think charizard will actually face pikachu and then goodra AND then greninja? Honestly even for megazard x that seems like a little too much and I dont see how they could feasibly have greninja vs charizard be great or even fair when greninja is completely fresh.
My guesses is that Charizard will be recalled to rest and Alain will send out Bisharp back out. I'd think that Alain would want to do that to give Charizard some time for Ash-Greninja later on so he'll probably let Bisharp back out after Pikachu loses.

But I could see Charizard take down a tired Goodra easily after Bisharp gets defeated and then go on to face Ash-Greninja and it'll be an evenly match. Didn't he beat 10 megas in a row? I think Alain's Charizard is fine taking down Pikachu and Goodra before Ash-Greninja battles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.