1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

Hawlucha's arms look like they are crossed in the picture so I wouldn't be surprised if it's countering with X-Scissor or Karate Chop.

2. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

It could eventually use that, but because it's body has some steam coming from it and it's glowing red, then it's probably bring affected by an attack or its in the middle of using a new move.

3. Greneuliest808

Greneuliest808 Future Graduate

Looking at the picture right now, it looks like Hawlucha is blocking Night Slash from Weavile by crossing its arms. Not sure what Metagross is doing, but it looks like he might be using Meteor mash. Like some said, I won't be surprised if Hawlucha is using X-Scissor to block what might be Weavile's Night Slash.

4. gliscor&yanmega

The steam is around its arms and Weavile is seemingly using Night Slash, so it's probably due to the collision of the attacks. The glowing could also be from the collision, albeit, it's odd Weavile doesn't have a glow, although it could be a simple matter of Hawlucha being the one on the receiving end and could be blown back.

EDIT: Bulk Up has always been shown with a reddish aura though, so I suppose it could be that if anything. However, there isn't an aura around Hawlucha, so the glow could just be because of the collision and Hawlucha's red body makes it seem reddish.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  5. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

except like Playerking said you can clearly see steam is coming off of Hawlucha's body and Hawlucha itself is glowing red.

6. Greneuliest808

You do bring up a good point. From what I understand, X-scissor looks like a light blue-glowing "X." Looking at it again, there is no glowing "X," so it really does look like it could be a new move.

7. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

Looks more to me just like lighting giving an effect. There's sparks and crackles and stuff, so I really think it's just an effect of the attack. Personally, I'd actually be disappointed if Hawlucha suddenly learned a new move in battle. I've loved that this is, I think, the first region where Ash has never won a major battle because a new move was suddenly learned or an evolution kicked in mid-battle.

8. andrewscott48209

andrewscott48209 Well-Known Member

True. Though if Hawlucha does learn a new move, art least don't pull a Krookodile and only use it to win a battle..

9. Greneuliest808

Oh my goodness, I still remember Ash vs Stephan. Krookodile learns aerial ace offscreen and just beats Sawk, then never to be seen using aerial ace again in another major battle. That was pretty ridiculous if you ask me. In all honesty though, I don't think Hawlucha would learn any new moves, but it would be a nice surprise though if he does.

10. gliscor&yanmega

I'd be disappointed too if it learned a new move in battle, although revealing one would be another story. But I feel like it's a bit pointless to give anything new moves now that XY is nearing its end, don't see the writers bothering with it.

11. Greneuliest808

I personally wouldn't be surprised if the move sets of Ash's Pokemon stayed the same.

12. Pokememes

Pokememes I am the pokémaster!

Well nothing is confirmed obviously but I'd like to think pikachu can get two wins in ash's most important league match?
    There will be switches but pikachu could always be switched in too lol

13. The only battle that I see Pikachu winning is against Metagross. Everytime Pikachu swings on the top of his enemies means a sure win. Remember Dragonite and Latios. lol

14. Greneuliest808

I know exactly what you are talking about. I agree that I think Pikachu will get one win this time. I don't think Pikachu would beat Tyranitar, but will put up a good fight, and then recalled. I do definitely see it beat Metagross before losing to Charizard.

15. potat_lasaro

potat_lasaro I'm kind of alive

Just a thought, but has anyone thought about Hawlucha learning the move Revenge? He appears to be glowing a light orange-red tone which would make sense with the move. Plus, it deals even more damage if the user is hit first which would fit perfectly with Hawlucha's battling style of taking hits to motivate himself and using it against his opponents.

Of course, it could be nothing and just the lighting of the scene.

16. Greneuliest808

Never thought of that before, but unfortunately, Hawlucha can't learn that move.

17. potat_lasaro

potat_lasaro I'm kind of alive

Hahaha, I feel stupid. Just assumed Hawlucha could learn a move like that. Next time I'll double check.

18. Greneuliest808

I make mistakes sometimes too. Everyone makes mistakes, so it's all good.

19. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

It is getting so close now for this episode to air. Ash is probably hyped that he is now in top 2 and is now in the final battle of the league. Companions would no doubt support him in the stands. Maybe one of his pokemon would use a newly learn move during this battle?

20. Greneuliest808

That's what some of us think for Hawlucha, but don't be surprised if there are no new moves introduced for any of Ash's Pokemon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.