• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Might be a bit weak but I can't think of another reason then because it's Pikachu.

Hawlucha or Greninja would make more sense. One Fighting move from Hawlucha can take out Tyranitar.

Wait...how can Tyranitar have Iron Tail covered? And it won't know Earthquake. Earthquake hasn't been used as a move in the anime since, I think, AG (?). Especially after 2011, it's not gonna happen, so find a different Earth move to cover that.
Dig or Earth Power then. Ground can counter the steel attack.

Last edited:

Epicocity

Hawlucha or Greninja would make more sense. One Fighting move from Hawlucha can take out Tyranitar.

Wait...again, if one fighting move (super-effective) can take out Tyranitar, how can one Iron Tail (also super-effective) not? Sure we can argue STAB, but that hardly seems to apply much in the anime and Pikachu's Iron Tail wasted Grant's Tyrunt, as well.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Wait...again, if one fighting move (super-effective) can take out Tyranitar, how can one Iron Tail (also super-effective) not? Sure we can argue STAB, but that hardly seems to apply much in the anime and Pikachu's Iron Tail wasted Grant's Tyrunt, as well.

Rock/Dark is 4x weak to Fighting. Add stab to that and Hawlucha would win in my opinion. Iron Tail does 2x super effective and doesn't get stab because Pikachu is not Steel.

Epicocity

Rock/Dark is 4x weak to Fighting. Add stab to that and Hawlucha would win in my opinion. Iron Tail does 2x super effective and doesn't get stab because Pikachu is not Steel.

Fine. Forgot that. But...one shot? Then Pikachu takes it down in 2. Again, STAB never seems to come up in the anime, otherwise half of the Pokemon's movesets would make no sense. You're literally not making sense with your power-scaling. Okay, I love Hawlucha, but we'll play this game: Tyranitar uses Rock Slide, can take out 2 members of Ash's team, and could likely ground Hawlucha. Pikachu would have no problem and would likely outspeed Tyranitar. I think you're forgetting that Pikachu (and most of Ash's team) can do that. Quite honestly, the only one of Alain's team at the moment that would seem able to outspeed Ash's is Weavile.

Last edited:

Type match ups don't really count in the anime and Pikachu always has at least one moment of glory in the leagues.

ShadowForce720

Wait...how can Tyranitar have Iron Tail covered? And it won't know Earthquake. Earthquake hasn't been used as a move in the anime since, I think, AG (?). Especially after 2011, it's not gonna happen, so find a different Earth move to cover that.

Not that I would think that Alain's Tyranitar will wind up having Earthquake, but I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see Earthquake again given that we have wound up seeing moves like Blast Burn, Lands Wrath, and Bulldoze that all wind up having an effect on the ground.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
How? One Earthquake would defeat Pikachu. It has Iron Tail but Tyranitar might have that covered.

The only instance where SE truly felt like it mattered in this saga was when Hawlucha obliterated abomasnow.

The writers can make a swellow take more hits than a multi scale lugia if they see fit, Pikachu won't fall to a SE move that easily, not when the writers LOVE to use the underdog effect.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Lmao, do people seriously believe Tyranitar is going to wreck Pikachu? It's funny because these are the same people that support the status quo and dislike the changes. Wouldn't you then expect Pikachu to win? He may not be fully evolved, but he has been around for 20 years and has wrecked legendaries and pseudos. He'll get his win in this battle and in the Shota battle. He's too good to be a fall guy.

phanpycross

God-king
Lmao, do people seriously believe Tyranitar is going to wreck Pikachu? It's funny because these are the same people that support the status quo and dislike the changes. Wouldn't you then expect Pikachu to win? He may not be fully evolved, but he has been around for 20 years and has wrecked legendaries and pseudos. He'll get his win in this battle and in the Shota battle. He's too good to be a fall guy.

Yeah, that's why we want one of the kalos pokemon to get the wins instead, since pikachu will stick around for all the other regions.

and there are arent any changes in xy

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Not that I would think that Alain's Tyranitar will wind up having Earthquake, but I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see Earthquake again given that we have wound up seeing moves like Blast Burn, Lands Wrath, and Bulldoze that all wind up having an effect on the ground.

I remember hearing something about the fact that it's called Earthquake is the reason it isn't used, but I could just be talking out of my ***.

Epicocity

I remember hearing something about the fact that it's called Earthquake is the reason it isn't used, but I could just be talking out of my ***.

No, I'm pretty sure that's the exact reason. Earthquake as a move in the anime is kind of taboo, especially after the 2011 one, I'd imagine we'll never see it again.

Also, to Omegaz, that's because supposedly Pikachu knowing Iron Tail and being on Latios' back makes those wins invalid. Supposedly...I don't get it either.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If anything I could see Pikachu winning or tying against Tyranitar.

Pikachu seems to have an impressive win in almost all the leagues, and it seems like they want to treat Pikachu well here also.
That's just the feeling I get.

diakyu

If Ash doesn't use Noivern first and it has an amazing entrance like Hawlucha to finally cement their relationship this fight will be trash.

diakyu

Shooti

Uber Trainer
It's Ash's Pikachu, it can defeat a legendary and would lose to a beginner trainer's Snivy the other day, Level fluctuates between 5-500. I can see this thing taking down Tyranitar to be honest. It all depends on the context, but Pikachu defeating Tyranitar would be unrealistic.

Pikachu should get Weavile
Goodra should take down Tyranitar.
Greninja gets Metagross and Charizaard-X since it's powers are supposed to be limitless when required.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Greninja could take down Metagross but narrowly loses to Charizard. I can see Goodra and Tyranitar going head to head in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.