• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

It's Ash's Pikachu, it can defeat a legendary and would lose to a beginner trainer's Snivy the other day, Level fluctuates between 5-500. I can see this thing taking down Tyranitar to be honest. It all depends on the context, but Pikachu defeating Tyranitar would be unrealistic.

Pikachu should get Weavile
Goodra should take down Tyranitar.
Greninja gets Metagross and Charizaard-X since it's powers are supposed to be limitless when required.

I think Hawlucha should get Weavile, as it wound up being the fall guy in the Ash vs Sawyer/Shota match it should get at least one win in the Ash vs Alain match and let's face it there most likely not going to have it beat Metagross and definetly not have it beat Mega Charizard X. Plus if it goes where we only get too see Tyranitar, Weavile and Metagross in this episode and don't wind up seeing Alain's other 3 pokemon until next episode that would mean in order for Pikachu to battle and win against Weavile that would mean Hawlucha is probably going to be the fall guy again which isn't really fair to Hawlucha that it should be the fall guy just so Pikachu can get a win against a Weavile.

I think it should be more like this:

Hawlucha gets Weavile
Noivern, Talonflame, or Goodra(only if Noivern has already beaten one of Alain's other pokemon and winds up losing to Metagross otherwise Noivern should get Metagross) gets Metagross
Pikachu/Goodra gets Tyranitar
Pikachu/Goodra(which ever one didn't beat Tyranitar) gets Alain's 5th or 6th pokemon that hasn't been revealed yet.
then Alain's 5th or 6th pokemon which ever one didn't lose to Pikachu or Goodra then could wind up either losing to Talonflame, or loses to Hawlucha, Pikachu, Goodra, or Noivern.
Greninja<-->Ash-Greninja gets Charizard<-->Mega Charizard X

Now if the first pokemon out in the match are Pikachu and Tyranitar then the only way Tyranitar would be able to face Goodra is either Tyranitar actually beats Pikachu(which would mean that Pikachu is the fall guy)or Pikachu gets recalled. Also I can't see Metagross coming out first or second so I think Tyranitar and Weavile will come out before Metagross and if Weavile and Pikachu comes out first or Weavile winds up battling Goodra after it battles Pikachu that would mean that since we know Weavile faces Hawlucha that means that Pikachu would either wind up losing to Weavile or winds up being recalled.

Also if Hawlucha and Weavile are the first pokemon out and Pikachu is still going to face Weavile then that means Hawlucha will be the fall guy again. Also if Goodra winds up facing Weavile then since I can't see Ash sending Goodra out when Weavile is already out, I think it's much more likely that Goodra is already on the field and Alain sends out Weavile to counter Goodra so I think match ups this episode will probably wind up like this:

Pikachu vs Tyranitar: Tyranitar wins or Pikachu gets recalled before Tyranitar can knocked it out.
Goodra vs Tyranitar:Goodra
Goodra vs Weavile: Weavile
Hawlucha vs Weavile: Hawlucha
Hawlucha vs Metagross: Metagross
Noivern vs Metagross: the battle ends on a cliffhanger maybe it winds up like this where both Noivern and Metagross fire off attacks that collide and we wind up getting a cliffhanger to where we wind up having to wait until episode 38 to see the rest of the battle.

Also in case anyone's wondering why I think Weavile and Tyranitar will be used during this episode instead of next and be the first 2 out it's because they are both on the same battleground as each other, but if you compare the battleground their fighting on to what Mega Charizard X is fighting on you will notice it's different. Also it wouldn't be the first time that Pikachu was the first pokemon to come out in a full battle in a league match and then Ash winds up recalling it as it happened during Ash match with Paul where Paul sent out Aggron first and Ash sent out Pikachu first and then Ash decide to recall Pikachu as it wasn't able to really do that much against Aggron.

Also the more I look at this the less likely it seems that Pikachu will be the one to beat Tyranitar unless there is a pokemon that comes out after Tyranitar but before Weavile and then that pokemon winds up beating Pikachu and that cause Ash to send Goodra out other then that I really can't see Pikachu beating Tyranitar. Now I know people are saying that oh because Pikachu has beaten some legendary pokemon before like winning against Regice and then tieing with Latios and has beaten Mega Lucario before that it shouldn't lose to Tyranitar, although going by that logic that means that Pikachu should have beaten Paul's Aggron back in D&P because it beat a Regice, but instead it wound up getting recalled.

So I think Pikachu will either lose to Tyranitar or will just get recalled before Tyranitar can beat it, if it's the former of the two options that would mean that Pikachu would be the fall guy of the match, however if it's the latter of the two that would mean Pikachu would still have a chance to get a win it just wouldn't be against Tyranitar and instead it would be against one of Alain's two remaining pokemon that haven't been revealed yet.

Last edited:

Mirto

My prediction:

- Pikachu vs Tyranitar - Tyranitar brings sandstorm, Pikachu recalled minutes later
- Goodra vs Tyranitar - Goodra wins (1-0)
- Goodra vs Weavile - Goodra recalled after receiving some hits
- Hawlucha vs Weavile - Hawlucha wins (2-0)
- Hawlucha vs Metagross - Ash wants to recall Hawlucha but he refuses. Metagross wins. (2-1)
--------------------------------------------
- Noivern or Talonflame vs Metagross - Metagross defeated (3-1)
Option A) Somehow Ash is winning 5-3, then Zard beats Goodra and Pikachu.
Option B) Goodra isn't recalled (vs Weavile). Greninja vs Zard is the last match after Pikachu/Talonflame/Noiver tie with - insert Alain's 5th pokemon -

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
It's Ash's Pikachu, it can defeat a legendary and would lose to a beginner trainer's Snivy the other day, Level fluctuates between 5-500. I can see this thing taking down Tyranitar to be honest.

This is so true, you can't tell how powerful Pikachu is until the battle begins.
It looks like Hawlucha is going to take Weavile down at this point.

jrizza88

Meteorite
My prediction:

- Pikachu vs Tyranitar - Tyranitar brings sandstorm, Pikachu recalled minutes later
- Goodra vs Tyranitar - Goodra wins (1-0)
- Goodra vs Weavile - Goodra recalled after receiving some hits
- Hawlucha vs Weavile - Hawlucha wins (2-0)
- Hawlucha vs Metagross - Ash wants to recall Hawlucha but he refuses. Metagross wins. (2-1)
--------------------------------------------
- Noivern or Talonflame vs Metagross - Metagross defeated (3-1)
Option A) Somehow Ash is winning 5-3, then Zard beats Goodra and Pikachu.
Option B) Goodra isn't recalled (vs Weavile). Greninja vs Zard is the last match after Pikachu/Talonflame/Noiver tie with - insert Alain's 5th pokemon -

would make sense to have at least 3 pokemon still standing against Alain, so I think maybe the last three standing will be Noivern or Goodra, Pikachu and Ash-Greninja. The way Mega-Charizard is so powerful, it so far has been (dare I say) the Darkrai of this league. I think Ash may need at least 3 pokemon (1 that hasn't be used yet *cough Greninja*) while Pikachu and one of the Dragons deals some good damage against Mega-Zard.

ShadowForce720

would make sense to have at least 3 pokemon still standing against Alain, so I think maybe the last three standing will be Noivern or Goodra, Pikachu and Ash-Greninja. The way Mega-Charizard is so powerful, it so far has been (dare I say) the Darkrai of this league. I think Ash may need at least 3 pokemon (1 that hasn't be used yet *cough Greninja*) while Pikachu and one of the Dragons deals some good damage against Mega-Zard.

Except it's not the Darkrai of the league, because look at it even though Sceptile beat Darkrai none of Ash's pokemon that were used against it really had that much of an advantage over it. In Mega Charizard X's case however if you look at there previous battle before Greninja mastered it's Ash-Greninja powers it actually manage to get the advantage over Mega Charizard X even though it hadn't mastered it's powers yet, So I really don't think that Ash necessarily needs to use 2 other pokemon besides Ash-Greninja to beat Mega Charizard X.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Except it's not the Darkrai of the league, because look at it even though Sceptile beat Darkrai none of Ash's pokemon that were used against it really had that much of an advantage over it. In Mega Charizard X's case however if you look at there previous battle before Greninja mastered it's Ash-Greninja powers it actually manage to get the advantage over Mega Charizard X even though it hadn't mastered it's powers yet, So I really don't think that Ash necessarily needs to use 2 other pokemon besides Ash-Greninja to beat Mega Charizard X.

but Mega Zard has essentially solo'd in all the on screen battles we saw of it. I am not going by the battles outside of the league. The overall win ratio it has over its opponents is akin to Darkrai. Yes, that Darkrai is likely more powerful, but so far Mega-Zard is slaying all of the competition. I am really nervous about the Ash vs Alain battle and hope that Ash has at least 1-2 pokemon battle it before Ash-Greninja comes out. He might even have to use Greninja before it gets to battle Zard anyway.

Epicocity

I think they mean the fact that no one has, as of yet, taken down Megazard X and Alain has more or less swept with it until Remo, where he played the petulant child card by doing something different, failed, so he called his ace out. Easy to sweep when you use your ace every battle...

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
This line of logic bugs me to death... Are we suppose to assume Alain was sitting around twiddling his thumbs this whole time while Ash was the only one training?

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
Is it too much to hope Alain will use entry hazards/moves or weather? And continually switches out his Pokémon for Charizard to be a finisher?

Considering Tyranitar is already going to set up with sand stream it is quite possible it will also set up stealth rock. Maybe a poison type with toxic spikes like Paul. Don't think he would do both though.

sheld999

The thing is if ash wins the league it doesn't make him a pokemon master. He can still travel other regions getting new pokemon etc. I see people saying if he wins he has to stay there but thats not the story. other leagues we see the winners they only win the trophy and so forth. and if ash gets asked to be the champion he can always turn it down and continue his journey.

those who say the league being rushed. well its not. most of the league arcs had 4-6 episodes

The thing is if ash wins the league it doesn't make him a pokemon master. He can still travel other regions getting new pokemon etc. I see people saying if he wins he has to stay there but thats not the story. other leagues we see the winners they only win the trophy and so forth. and if ash gets asked to be the champion he can always turn it down and continue his journey.

those who say the league being rushed. well its not. most of the league arcs had 4-6 episodes

It's rushed because of the four skipped rounds. Not because of the number of episodes. It's pretty amazing you're not getting this.

AuraKshatriya

Quite frankly I think Hawlucha should KO Weavile and be able to finish off Metagross after another Pokemon (perhaps Talonflame) fails to do so. While Weavile does showcase the speedy physical combat that Hawlucha is capable of, the fact is Hawlucha is also possesses very high physical strength (being able to match a Machamp in its debut). Given that Pikachu is getting Tyranitar logically the best of Alain's other Pokemon to showcase Hawlucha's raw physical strength is Metagross. And due to its typing, 3/4 of Hawlucha's moves will deal neutral damage.

nickdt

Goodra vs Tyranitar - Goodra wins
Goodra vs Weavile - Weavile wins
Hawlucha vs Weavile - Hawlucha wins
Hawlucha vs - Metagross - Metagross wins
Noivern vs Metagross - Noivern wins
Noivern vs Dragalge - Dragalge wins
Pikachu vs Dragalge - Pikachu wins and recalled
Talonflame vs Swanna - Talonflame wins
Talonflame vs Zard X - Talonflame lands a hit then loses
Pikachu vs Zard X - Pikachu lands Iron Tail, then loses
Ash-Greninja vs Zard X - Zard X loses

I throw Swanna and Draglage in, since i can see the aerial battle, with Talonflame have the disadvantage, but still beating it. And since Talonflame, Pikachu and Greninja where his first three Kalos mons (And the strongest Kalos mons he has), its only fair to match them against the Mega.

Xuxuba

I think the reason why they gave XY Ash's main rival an entire spin-off series was because they wanted us to get more attached to him than the previous rivals, that way it would hurt less when Ash loses the League to him.
I don't think it worked on me, bc i'm not attached to Alain like at all, but i suppose that was their intention, specially considering this is the 20th anniversary of the series and ppl are getting really tired of Ash losing, so they neeeded to numb our pain.

Epicocity

I think the reason why they gave XY Ash's main rival an entire spin-off series was because they wanted us to get more attached to him than the previous rivals, that way it would hurt less when Ash loses the League to him.
I don't think it worked on me, bc i'm not attached to Alain like at all, but i suppose that was their intention, specially considering this is the 20th anniversary of the series and ppl are getting really tired of Ash losing, so they neeeded to numb our pain.

Or it could be, maybe, like they wanted to build Alain as a character first outside of interactions with Ash, which also gave more time to not waste episodes on their rivalry? Who knows...The whole of XY has been different in that regard.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
You are tho only one I guess.

I'm quite happy with it, don't want to waste time on those rounds when already i just want to see the ending of Shota and then skip right to Alain vs Ash.
If I had to wait another few episodes just because people want to see Ash in the beginning rounds, I'd not be as happy.

oooo i really hope not also, if that was them trying to make us love Alain, then they failed baaaaad.

Or it could be, maybe, like they wanted to build Alain as a character first outside of interactions with Ash, which also gave more time to not waste episodes on their rivalry? Who knows...The whole of XY has been different in that regard.

either way, they built him up but they did not make him Loveable at all imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.