• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewscott48209

Not the argument I was making there. Yes, Greninja has gotten stronger, no doubt... but that same semi-perfected form couldn't even beat Wulfric's Avalugg. Say what you will that Ash was trying too hard to win... same happened vs Alain, only difference was Ash ddin't feel Greninja's pain vs Avalugg where he did vs Zard X. And we have seen Zard improve, it went from being unable to take on The Legends of Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, to being able to match 50% Zygarde. Not to mention he went from unable to stand up to Siebold's Mega Blastoise, to taking hits from Steven's Metagross, to beating Malvia's Mega Houndoom.

We saw Diathia get caught off guard by it's power... bet you had she known about it, the tables would have been different. Unless you think she's a fairly weak champion

Agreed, so are you : )

That's because Ash never fought any of those Champions himself anyway... in fact Steven never showed off Metagross till ME Special II. You seem to be undermining Charizard's, Sceptile's, and Infernape's power anyway. Zard and Sceptile are known Legend beaters (along with Pikachu)... Greninja has a long way to go to match them.

Actually, Ash did feel Greninja pain in his battle against Wulfric's Avalugg.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
You aren't seeing the point dude. It's that in Greninjas incomplete form it was still overpowering Mega Charizard X. Greninja is now complete which means it is also stronger. The mega evolution specials are before he meets Ash which makes those points irrevelant. No matter how much Stronger Charizard X is,Greninaj has also gotten much stronger.
Interesting that your telling me I'm missing the point when I clearly stated "Greninja has gotten stronger, no doubt"... But your seriously telling me Wulfric's Avalugg is more powerful then Alain's Charizard? Because that's a point you seem to have missed yourself : )

Actually, Ash did feel Greninja pain in his battle against Wulfric's Avalugg.
I did forget that, yeah

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash was trying to hard and it cost him the first match against Wulfric, heck he even conked out, not to mention that with Ice Body up Avalugg proved to be quite the effective tank as it took down three guys, yet in the rematch without it, it only got Pikachu and got crushed by Talonflame.

Regardless power alone does not dictate a fight's outcome.

Epicocity

Interesting that your telling me I'm missing the point when I clearly stated "Greninja has gotten stronger, no doubt"... But your seriously telling me Wulfric's Avalugg is more powerful then Alain's Charizard? Because that's a point you seem to have missed yourself : )

I did forget that, yeah

I don't think anyone believes that Wulfric's Avalugg is anywhere close to on par with Alain's Megazard X at all. But what you're failing to take into consideration is Ash's state of mind throughout that entire fight. He wasn't the same Ash as the one going toe to toe with Alain. He was arguably at his worst performance level since the start of XY because of his consuming desire to "win and nothing else".

andrewscott48209

I don't think anyone believes that Wulfric's Avalugg is anywhere close to on par with Alain's Megazard X at all. But what you're failing to take into consideration is Ash's state of mind throughout that entire fight. He wasn't the same Ash as the one going toe to toe with Alain. He was arguably at his worst performance level since the start of XY because of his consuming desire to "win and nothing else".

True. And that's what Alain's mindset is now. And if Ash's battle with Wulfric is any indication, Ash may actually have a chance yet.

Red and Blue

Now that Alain has seen Ash's entire team in action, I wouldn't be surprised if he came up with strategies to counter each of them with his own team

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Now that Alain has seen Ash's entire team in action, I wouldn't be surprised if he came up with strategies to counter each of them with his own team

With the small amount of time he has between now and his final match? Nah.

That'd also be really out of character.

Cradily17

Well aside from Sceptile losing the battle against the obvious plot device, this was still a great match and proves that Sawyer is no pushover. I'm really looking forward to the Ash vs Alain fight now.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Any ideas on who Alain is using first? We know Charizard would be in the next episode as his final pokemon. So that leaves Metagross, Tyranitar, Weavile and two unrevealed pokemon. I say either Metagross or Tyranitar as the tank he would start off with.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Tbh I felt sorry for shota.
View attachment 15811

I felt a bit sorry for him as well, mainly because I actually like him as a character unlike 95% of the people around here. I hope he will stick around to see the final match between Ash and Alain.

Any ideas on who Alain is using first? We know Charizard would be in the next episode as his final pokemon. So that leaves Metagross, Tyranitar, Weavile and two unrevealed pokemon. I say either Metagross or Tyranitar as the tank he would start off with.

Probably Metagross. As a species, it should have enough defense and raw power to punch some holes in Ash's team, thanks also to its plethora of resistances.

Epicocity

I felt a bit sorry for him as well, mainly because I actually like him as a character unlike 95% of the people around here. I hope he will stick around to see the final match between Ash and Alain.

He better stick around to watch the finals. It would feel so pointless if he didn't considering how much he admires Ash. It'd be nice to see all the major rivals sticking around...that and a 7-man cheer squad for Ash. Diantha can be a part of it, too.

Janovy

Banned
He better stick around to watch the finals. It would feel so pointless if he didn't considering how much he admires Ash. It'd be nice to see all the major rivals sticking around...that and a 7-man cheer squad for Ash. Diantha can be a part of it, too.
More importantly, we need as many powerful trainers as possible once the Flare invasion begins. His Mega Sceptile could be a huge help.

Epicocity

More importantly, we need as many powerful trainers as possible once the Flare invasion begins. His Mega Sceptile could be a huge help.

That too. Though I wouldn't be surprised. Flare's all about the Zygarde and the Megas.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

You are not alone. I'm a fan of him as well.

I'd take him as Ash's companion over Clemont AND Bonnie any day

ShadowForce720

I'm thinking that Alain will send out Tyranitar first and I wouldn't be that surprised if Pikachu vs Tyranitar is the first match-up. I'm thinking that the match-ups for this episode will go like this:

Pikachu vs Tyranitar: Ash decides to recall Pikachu as it's having trouble fighting Tyranitar in the Sandstorm do to Sandstrom not only doing damage to Pikachu, but making it harder for Pikachu to aim at Tyranitar accurately do to the Sandstorm making it harder for Pikachu to see Tyranitar.
Goodra vs Tyranitar: Goodra do it being able to cancel out the Sandstorm with Rain Dance, Goodra is able to fight Tyranitar without the Sandstorm getting in the way and is able to wind up taking out Tyranitar
Goodra vs Weavile: Goodra winds up losing to Weavile not only do to it being at a type disadvantage, but also because Weavile is fast enough to dodge Goodra's attacks making it harder for Goodra to hit it.
Hawlucha vs Weavile: Hawlucha winds up having enough speed to catch up to Weavile and it eventually wins.
Hawlucha vs Metagross: While Hawlucha is able to put up a fight eventually Metagross gains the upperhand in the battle and winds up beating Hawlucha.
Noivern vs Metagross: undecided do to the battle between them ending in a cliffhanger as Novierns' and Metagross's attacks collide.

Last edited:

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
You are not alone. I'm a fan of him as well.

I'd take him as Ash's companion over Clemont AND Bonnie any day

I'd enjoy seeing him as a companion or even the new protagonist after Ash leaves, but both of those things seem highly unlikely.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I'm thinking that Alain will send out Tyranitar first and I wouldn't be that surprised if Pikachu vs Tyranitar is the first match-up. I'm thinking that the match-ups for this episode will go like this:

Pikachu vs Tyranitar: Ash decides to recall Pikachu as it's having trouble fighting Tyranitar in the Sandstorm do to Sandstrom not only doing damage to Pikachu, but making it harder for Pikachu to aim at Tyranitar accurately do to the Sandstorm making it harder for Pikachu to see Tyranitar.
Goodra vs Tyranitar: Goodra do it being able to cancel out the Sandstorm with Rain Dance, Goodra is able to fight Tyranitar without the Sandstorm getting in the way and is able to wind up taking out Goodra.
Goodra vs Weavile: Goodra winds up losing to Weavile not only do to it being at a type disadvantage, but also because Weavile is fast enough to dodge Goodra's attacks making it harder for Goodra to hit it.
Hawlucha vs Weavile: Hawlucha winds up having enough speed to catch up to Weavile and it eventually wins.
Hawlucha vs Metagross: While Hawlucha is able to put up a fight eventually Metagross gains the upperhand in the battle and winds up beating Hawlucha.
Noivern vs Metagross: undecided do to the battle between them ending in a cliffhanger as Novierns' and Metagross's attacks collide.
Don't you mean Tyranitar? Otherwise Goodra knocking itself would be a bit weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.