• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

This looks ****ing awesome. Unfezant and Bisharp as oppenents is fine and it does seem there will be a lot of switching out but that isn't a problem. The same happened in Ash vs Paul.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Lol unfezant hate hope he knock noivern and tie with talonflame

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Pikachu is the main character alongside Satoshi, problem is Greninja is the only one getting attention, with Pikachu getting the leftovers, while everyone plays background characters, and it seems the story will repeat itself again with most of the battle being done here, Pikachu battling at least 3 of his pokemon, and Greninja getting the glory/or his butt handed to him next episode.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Janovy

Banned
Why does the species of Pokemon matter exactly?

This is the same Pokemon League where a huge buff man with a Mega Garchomp owns a Pelipper of all things when his other members include Gurdurr, Bouffalant, Granbull, and Rhyperior.
Because let's hate all things even remotely connected to BW.

It's illogical, biased hatred.

Torpoleon

Does the animation look a bit of lower quality to anyone else? Hope I am just imagining things.
I didn't get that impression while watching the preview. It looked like a very nicely animated Iwane episode to me, and I hope the second part of the battle is animated by him as well.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So glad to see Pikachu putting some real work in, finally his true power shines through again. I was beginning to worry that the Greninja show would prevent us from seeing the mouse show his worth in this league, as Ash's oldest and most reliable companion.

My guess is that he's switched out a couple of times and then Charizard eventually takes him down, which I'm okay with..

So the first battle is Pikachu vs. Tyranitar and Noivern is the first to fall on Ash's end. Also by the time Pikachu reaches Metagross and Charizard they're both already at the grass field. Judging from the Talonflame vs. Unfezant battle (which looks pretty awesome btw), Alain's scoreboard looks like this L-R: Grayed out pokemon, Tyranitar down, 2 blank pokeballs, another pokemon that I can't tell (probably Bisharp who gets recalled), then Unfezant. Ash's looks like this L-R: Talonflame, Pikachu recalled, Goodra and Greninja not sent out yet, Noivern down, then Hawlucha.

My guesses/hopes:
- Pikachu vs. Tyranitar (Pikachu gets recalled)
- Noivern vs. Tyranitar
- Noivern vs. Bisharp (Bisharp gets recalled soon after)
- Hawlucha vs. Weavile
- Hawlucha vs. Unfezant
- Talonflame vs. Unfezant (both draw against each other after the explosion, field change happens)
- Pikachu vs. Metagross
- Pikachu vs. Charizard

Then next episode, I'd like to see this:
- Charizard recalled, Alain sends out Bisharp
- Goodra vs. Bisharp
- Goodra vs. Charizard
- Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Charizard X

Hoping Pikachu gets recalled so that Noivern can get a win. And I'd be cool with Hawlucha beating Weavile and Talonflame having a draw against Unfezant.

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

Live while you can Pikachu. Man going up against Tyranitar, Metagross, Charizard and Weavile* potentially in the finals. A lot of switches but I'm not surprised as Alain has never faced Pikachu only a small save to introduce him to the group.

Noivern is the unlucky one seriously. But Goodra and Greninja being saved for the next episode thank you very much. Greninja was confirmed and always going to happen but Goodra being there should help get Ash some wins in what I like to call the Snorlax position and absorb hits, dish out punishment and get some knockouts. Now we wait

Grey Wind

Come on, Janovy. People are unhappy because we've seen a lot of Bisharp recently and Unfezant is a boring Pokemon. Not everything is an attack on BW. :/

To me it looks like Noivern is facing Bisharp, so I'm gonna guess that it gets a win there and then loses to Unfezant. Pikachu will beat Tyranitar, and... probably Metagross, realistically, unless it gets withdrawn. Assuming Hawlucha takes out Weavile then I guess Goodra will end up being the fall guy in the next episode, which kind of sucks.

After seeing a clearer preview, it looks like Pikachu wins against Metagross before Alain's Charizard. One of the scans, it looks like Pikachu is battling Metagross un-damaged. However, during the battle and when Pikachu is up against Charizard, Pikachu looks damaged and warn out. And there's a scene with Pikachu using an Electro Ball in what seems to be a last move type of deal on the grass field. So unless Bisharp gets called back in and is quickly taken out by someone (which I'd hope not). The episode probably ends with Charizard finishing off Pikachu.

So I do hope Pikachu gets recalled against Tyranitar so that Noivern can take it down before probably falling to Bisharp. Then Hawlucha beats Weavile while Talonflame draws against Unfezant before the field change.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics

Wut? People hate unfezant not only because of Ash's one but because the species itself is weak and have a typical standard design and weak type combo. Doesn't fit with Alain's high BST/strong pokemom.

But sure let's bring that BW hate reason onto the table without any purpose. That BW thing get only more stupid on both sides...

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Wut? People hate unfezant not only because of Ash's one but because the species itself is weak and have a typical standard design and weak type combo. Doesn't fit with Alain's high BST/strong pokemom.
Ah, I forgot. Pikachu totally fits with strong Pokemon like Greninja, Talonflame, Goodra and Noivern. Its stats nearly match theirs, right?

I can deal with the 'it looks boring' argument, but please don't give me that 'it has low stats' BS as if the anime ever cared about that. Or should we forget a random Slurpuff in Sawyer's otherwise powerful team.

Saw the extended preview and it looks like Ash calls out Pikachu while Alain sends out Weavile. Unless those scenes were spliced together, that means we'll see a Pikachu vs. Weavile match potentially. But that means Pikachu gets recalled before facing Weavile and will get recalled during that battle considering Hawlucha faces Weavile (but Weavile was just sent out against Pikachu so Hawlucha probably takes it down). I think that scene was spliced together since I don't know why we'd see Pikachu get called on only to be recalled later but if that's actually the case, then I'd hope for something like this:

- Pikachu vs. Tyranitar (Pikachu is recalled)
- Noivern vs. Tyranitar
- Noivern vs. Bisharp (Bisharp is recalled after)
- Pikachu vs. Weavile (Pikachu is recalled)
- Hawlucha vs. Weavile
- Hawlucha vs. Unfezant
- Talonflame vs. Unfezant (draw and field change after)
- Pikachu vs. Metagross
- Pikachu vs. Charizard

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Noooo because Bisharp is cool and has been repeatedly been shown as a threat in all of its appearances in XY so far

Unfezant is just garbage. Worst regional bird, worst bird capture for Ash we should've gotten Braviary, and an all around boring Pokemon. And its movepool is bad, like as soon as I heard Unfezant I instantly knew that its moveset is going to have something to do with Air Cutter and oh wow what do you know?

Of all the cool Flying-types in BW, they could have given him ANYTHING ELSE and it would have been at least 5x better. Hell at least give him Mandibuzz to go with the overall Dark-type theme he's got going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.