• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
What is the deal with people complaining about Bisharp and Unfezant? They are both Pokemon fully capable of fighting.

This is the ultimate battle where ash wins the league and those two, especially unfezant seems a little underwhelming compared to the rest of the team.

Red Pheonix

I get that Unfezant can fight but I was a bit disappointed. A staraptor would be better but whatever.

Navin

MALDREAD
What is the deal with people complaining about Bisharp and Unfezant? They are both Pokemon fully capable of fighting.

Maybe it was pure coincidence, but I thought the writers were going for all-generations team with Alain. So we'd have either gotten a Gen 1 (if Zard X = Gen 6) or Gen 6 (Charizard = Gen 1) as his last Pokemon. Zard X/T-tar/Metagross/Weavile/Bisharp all fit as a high stat 'dark-looking' team, so it would have cool if his last Pokemon was something like a Dragalge or Pangoro or Barbaracle from Gen 6. If they wanted to give him a flier, Volcarona or Mandibuzz would have fit from Gen 5, and then pick any of the above Gen 6s.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Unfezant is fine, it's just... a bit unexpected...
Like people said before, Braviary would be a better choice, but oh well.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Maybe it was pure coincidence, but I thought the writers were going for all-generations team with Alain. So we'd have either gotten a Gen 1 (if Zard X = Gen 6) or Gen 6 (Charizard = Gen 1) as his last Pokemon. Zard X/T-tar/Metagross/Weavile/Bisharp all fit as a high stat 'dark-looking' team, so it would have cool if his last Pokemon was something like a Dragalge or Pangoro or Barbaracle from Gen 6. If they wanted to give him a flier, Volcarona or Mandibuzz would have fit from Gen 5, and then pick any of the above Gen 6s.

Or for something from gen 1 it could be Nidoking or rhydon or kangaskhan.

blob

Alain's biggest sin is not using an Electric Type. Seriously, he could KO 3 of Ash's Pokémon with a Mega Manectric.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So... Unfezant and Bisharp?

I'm okay with Bisharp, but I feel like they could've chose something else with Unfezant... Eh, whatever, it looks like it'll be a good battle regardless.

Amine

I think Unfezant is fine, Alain already have 2 pseudo-legendaries and one overpowered MCX. He doesn't need more.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
So people are like: Alain's other Pokemon are weak enough that Ash can defeat them just fine, and that it isn't impossible for Ash to realistically beat Alain.

But then people are calling foul just because Alain isn't filled with pseudo-legendary or HIGH base stat Pokemon?

We see that Ash has beaten two of Alain's Pokémon while losing two of his own, so yeah, it isn't impossible. Heck, the match is going to come down to Ash-Greninja and Mega Charizard X in the next episode.

And let's remember that base stats and all those other numbers aren't important in the series. Bisharp and Unfezant could prove be credible threats to Ash's team, especially as we know that he loses Noivern and Hawlucha while they're still available. Also, Bisharp was recalled after seeing the HD preview. It's Tyranitar and Weavile who've been defeated on Alain's side.

Amine

Alain's biggest sin is not using an Electric Type. Seriously, he could KO 3 of Ash's Pokémon with a Mega Manectric.

You know the anime doesn't work like that. hawlucha kan KO 3 of alain's pokemons: Tyranitar, weavil and Bisharp. they all have x4 weakness to fighting.

Epicocity

No, it's already confirmed that Tyranitar and Pikachu are the first match because if you look at the scoreboard in the preview at time stamp 0:04(the score board is clearly seen in the background when Pikachu launches a Electro Ball at Tyranitar) you will see the only pokemon that have been revealed at the start of the match are Tyranitar and Pikachu. Although I don't doubt that Tyranitar will be the first to fall.

Yeah, but the sponsors message shows that Ash sends Pikachu out and then Alain tosses out Weavile.

Navin

MALDREAD
I guess the writers think a male Unfezant looks semi-'evil' looking.

Whatever, I just hope Alain employs some entry hazards/moves or weather or some status booster. I'm happy that it seems both trainers are switching.

SlimeStack

Well at least Unfezant isn't Darkrai and Latios. Better to have something underwhelming than overwhelming I say.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Yeah, but the sponsors message shows that Ash sends Pikachu out and then Alain tosses out Weavile.

That's probably just clips mashed together to try and fool us. We see that Pikachu's fighting three guys in the preview, but Weavile isn't one of them. By that I mean Pikachu's only been attacking Charizard, Metagross, and Tyranitar. I don't see him attacking Weavile. At least not yet.

ShadowForce720

yeah, and those scenes of Pikachu coming out and then Weavile could easily be spliced together or there after Tyranitar is defeated. Either way no matter how you look at it, it's already confirmed that Tyranitar is the first pokemon to come out so it's not really debatable about whether or not Weavile comes out before Tyranitar, because it's already confirmed that Tyranitar is the first pokemon Alain sends out because we know this because we see the score board when Pikachu is launch an Electro Ball and we can clearly see that at that point Pikachu and Tyranitar are the first two to be fighting and that none of the other pokemon have been sent out before them.

Status
Not open for further replies.