• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAndrews

Must say I'm surprised Alain's full team is appearing in this episode, especially since its been shrouded in mystery till now with Charizard solo'ing everything

I am however extremely annoyed at Pikachu being shown fighting almost every member though. The little mouse already got to fight half of Sawyer's team and racked the most wins while Hawlucha got no wins and Goodra and Noivern only a draw, there is absolutely no reason for it to be hogging battles again here when Goodra and Noivern are in desperate need of some league wins. Here's hoping Pikachu gets recalled in every one of those battles for someone else to take over (similar to vs Aggron in the Paul battle), because it getting 2 more wins here would be absolutely terrible. I also don't want either Greninja or Charizard weakened before they fight. If Greninja is finally beating Mega Charizard, then he deserve to beat it at full power and not after some of the others already got a few hits in to weaken it

Epicocity

yeah, and those scenes of Pikachu coming out and then Weavile could easily be spliced together or there after Tyranitar is defeated. Either way no matter how you look at it, it's already confirmed that Tyranitar is the first pokemon to come out so it's not really debatable about whether or not Weavile comes out before Tyranitar, because it's already confirmed that Tyranitar is the first pokemon Alain sends out because we know this because we see the score board when Pikachu is launch an Electro Ball and we can clearly see that at that point Pikachu and Tyranitar are the first two to be fighting and that none of the other pokemon have been sent out before them.

All right, fair. I was wrong...though it still could be a scoreboard error. They've been prone to that a lot this League...

Thanks for pointing out.

ShadowForce720

so maybe the match goes like this:
Pikachu vs Tyranitar: Pikachu is recalled
Noivern vs Tyranitar: Noivern
Noivern vs Bisharp: Bisharp and recalled
Hawlucha vs Weavile: Hawlucha
Hawlucha vs Unfezant: Unfezant
Talonflame vs Unfezant: draw
Field change
Pikachu vs Metagross: Pikachu
Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard and recalled
Goodra vs Bisharp: Goodra
Goodra vs Charizard: Charizard
Grenina <-->Ash-Greninja vs Charizard<--> Mega Charizard X: Greninja<-->Ash-Greninja

ok the main thing that confusing me right now is the whole Bisharp thing because I'm not sure who it's really fighting, although I'm just guessing that it's going to be recalled instead of being defeated and then after the field change it gets defeated.

ljcmarques

SOOOO, I have already downloaded the RAW episode and the conclusions we can make so far by the preview are:

- Tyranitar and Pikachu is the opening match.
- Tyranitar and Weavile are taken down by the time Alain is using Unfezant
- T-tar battles Pikachu, Weavile battles Hawlucha.
- Noivern and Hawlucha are taken down by the time Ash is using Talonflame
- Bisharp is sent out before T-tar and Weaviles, but gets called back since he's colored at the battle screen by the time both their flying types are battling in the sky.
- Unfezant battles Talonflame.
- Pikachu gets called back.
- Metagross and Charizard both appears in this episode.

Things that got me thinking are: Goodra does not seem to be in this episode, which is kinda weird because Charizard is on. Unless there is a lot of exchanges during the battle like the first full battle between Paul and Ash, seems awkward that he's not showing up. If he is to appear only in the second part of the match, he's probably facing Charizard and thus gets defeated, which is lame after all the mystery around Ash's sixth partner.

Haunter ゴースト

They're not "cool enough".

Sigh.

Isn't idea of a cool pokemon opinionated?

This is the ultimate battle where ash wins the league and those two, especially unfezant seems a little underwhelming compared to the rest of the team.

That's down to opinion really. Some people may really like Bisharp or Unfezant. It's not like Ash's Team is overwhelming, you could argue Pikachu his main Pokemon is underwhelming considering it hasn't evolved.

Tyson won the League with Meowth. Virgil won with Eevee.

Any Pokemon can fight at a league.

Maybe it was pure coincidence, but I thought the writers were going for all-generations team with Alain. So we'd have either gotten a Gen 1 (if Zard X = Gen 6) or Gen 6 (Charizard = Gen 1) as his last Pokemon. Zard X/T-tar/Metagross/Weavile/Bisharp all fit as a high stat 'dark-looking' team, so it would have cool if his last Pokemon was something like a Dragalge or Pangoro or Barbaracle from Gen 6. If they wanted to give him a flier, Volcarona or Mandibuzz would have fit from Gen 5, and then pick any of the above Gen 6s.

I think they did intend this, but they counted Zard X as a Gen 1 and 6. A normal Gen 6 Pokemon would have been nice though.

Xuxuba

I think they decided to go with Unfezant because he is the previous regional bird and talonflame is the current regional bird, so they thought an battle between successor and predecessor could be interesting.

Last edited:

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Field change
Grenina <-->Ash-Greninja vs Charizard<--> Mega Charizard X: Greninja<-->Ash-Greninja

ok the main thing that confusing me right now is the whole Bisharp thing because I'm not sure who it's really fighting, although I'm just guessing that it's going to be recalled instead of being defeated and then after the field change it gets defeated.

Bisharp will be recalled. In that explosion in the preview where Talonflame's fighting Unfezant, you can see Bisharp's image next to Unfezant's, still in color.

ShadowForce720

SOOOO, I have already downloaded the RAW episode and the conclusions we can make so far by the preview are:

- Bisharp is sent out before T-tar and Weaviles, but gets called back since he's colored at the battle screen by the time both their flying types are battling in the sky.

Things that got me thinking are: Goodra does not seem to be in this episode, which is kinda weird because Charizard is on. Unless there is a lot of exchanges during the battle like the first full battle between Paul and Ash, seems awkward that he's not showing up. If he is to appear only in the second part of the match, he's probably facing Charizard and thus gets defeated, which is lame after all the mystery around Ash's sixth partner.

It's already confirmed that the first pokemon that Alain sends out is his Tyranitar so I'm not quite sure how you think that Bisharp will get sent out before Tyranitar.

Epicocity

Well, despite everyone thinking he will be, Goodra won't be in this episode at all, so there'll definitely be recalling shenanigans there. Yuji Ueda isn't listed on the cast list at all, so no Goodra or Greninja period.

Navin

MALDREAD
Field change
Grenina <-->Ash-Greninja vs Charizard<--> Mega Charizard X: Greninja<-->Ash-Greninja.

Pikachu literally pulling a Swellow at this league.

Since Bisharp was recalled I'd guess that would be Goodra's win while it comes down to Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Charizard X in the next episode.

I think Hawlucha has a good chance of getting a win against Weavile and Talonflame will at least knock out Unfezant. And I think Pikachu will win against Metagross too so really, I'm just hoping to see Noivern get a win since everyone else might have a good shot. If Pikachu can be recalled against Tyranitar and Noivern wins, I think this would be a fair battle for everyone.

Dax

Legend
I wonder why Ash uses Hawlucha at the beginning again. I don't like the trend of being one of the first ones to be knocked out. At least, it seems, that everyone will leave with a solid League record.

Epicocity

I wonder why Ash uses Hawlucha at the beginning again. I don't like the trend of being one of the first ones to be knocked out. At least, it seems, that everyone will leave with a solid League record.

Actually, Ash starts with Pikachu, and Hawlucha is the 2nd to fall after Noivern.

ShadowForce720

you know giving it some more thought since after the Talonflame vs Unfezant(male) match up no matter who wins that there will wind up being a field change once the battle ends, so maybe Talonflame wins and then it winds up losing to Charizard later on. So provided there planning to give Goodra a win either it is the one that takes out Bisharp or it winds up taking out Metagross and Pikachu winds up taking out Bisharp, although the main problem with Goodra fighting Metagross is that we know Pikachu is also fighting Charizard and Goodra isn't in the VA list.

Last edited:

Epicocity

you know giving it some more thought since after the Talonflame vs Unfezant(male) match up no matter who wins that there will wind up being a field change once the battle ends, so maybe Talonflame wins and then it winds up losing to Charizard later on.

At the same time, I'd be okay with Talonflame losing and then Goodra taking out Bisharp and Unfezant. I feel almost certain that Noivern will take down Tyranitar. Not that it seems to be represented, but attention in the magazine was called to Sand Stream. If there is a Sandstorm, I can see Noivern using its echolocation to find Tyranitar. But that's a reach...

ShadowForce720

At the same time, I'd be okay with Talonflame losing and then Goodra taking out Bisharp and Unfezant. I feel almost certain that Noivern will take down Tyranitar. Not that it seems to be represented, but attention in the magazine was called to Sand Stream. If there is a Sandstorm, I can see Noivern using its echolocation to find Tyranitar. But that's a reach...

I don't think they would have Talonflame lose to Unfezant, I think either it will be a tie or Talonflame will beat Unfezant. Now in regards to Goodra it seems like it could be the one to take out Bisharp, I mean sure it would be nice for it to take out Metagross, but right now considering what we saw in the preview I'm thinking that Goodra probably doesn't fight Metagross.

Amine

Bisharp and especially unfezant looks like nothing more than fall guys to give Ash 2 free wins.

You know the only battle that really matters is greninja vs MCX. The others are just there to have a full battle. But it's always nice to see pikachu battle bigger pokemons.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
And I should mention as a follow-up to me not paying attention earlier, the battlefield definitely does change. I just hope they don't get too far into the second half, maybe just the first match-up (Pikachu vs Metagross)? I can understand that a bit when you compare it with the Sawyer battle, the episode ended just before the interval but lost about 5 minutes at the start of the episode.

yeah I didn't notice well enough. I don't really like the field change so i was hoping it wasnt.
I was more into the pokemon changing the landscape with attacks and what not but this works as well.
Which doesn't make sense from canyon to grassy land, but wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.