• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
What if Alain sends out Charizard before Metagross?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
All I want to know is why is Alain risking his Charizard at all? You saw the kind of monster Ash-Greninja can be, why would you allow it to take damage?

crimson_echidna

All I want to know is why is Alain risking his Charizard at all? You saw the kind of monster Ash-Greninja can be, why would you allow it to take damage?

Maybe to highlight the difference between Ash and Alain throughout the battle. Ash having faith in all of his Pokemon while Alain, when feeling pressured, falls back to his ace in the hole.

andrewscott48209

Especially that quick attack. I think that Alain will probably send Charizard against Pikachu because he can't seem to pin him down. I also think he will ultimately regret using Charizard this early, especially if he's facing a fresh Greninja in the next episode. It's nice to see that Alain won't have such an easy time with Ash like he had with the others.

ShadowForce720

I actually don't think Pikachu takes down Metagross, but we'll see

Well I guess one possibility in regards to the whole Pikachu, Bisharp, Metagross, Charizard thing in the second half is that it could go like this:

Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard is recalled
Pikachu vs Metagross: episode ends in a cliff hanger after Metagross shakes Pikachu off it.

then in episode 38:

Pikachu vs Metagross(cont.): Pikachu is recalled
Goodra vs Metagross: Goodra
Goodra vs Bisharp: Bisharp
Pikachu vs Bisharp: Pikachu
Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard
Talonflame(If it's previous battle didn't end in a draw) vs Charizard: Charizard
Greninja <-->Ash-Greninja vs Charizard vs Mega Charizard X: Greninja<-->Ash-Greninja

Joltik-Kid

Well I guess one possibility in regards to the whole Pikachu, Bisharp, Metagross, Charizard thing in the second half is that it could go like this:

Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard is recalled
Pikachu vs Metagross: episode ends in a cliff hanger after Metagross shakes Pikachu off it.

then in episode 38:

Pikachu vs Metagross(cont.): Pikachu is recalled
Goodra vs Metagross: Goodra
Goodra vs Bisharp: Bisharp
Pikachu vs Bisharp: Pikachu
Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard
Talonflame(If it's previous battle didn't end in a draw) vs Charizard: Charizard
Greninja <-->Ash-Greninja vs Charizard vs Mega Charizard X: Greninja<-->Ash-Greninja
That would mean Pikachu faces 5 members of Alain's team since Pikachu vs Weavile is a thing

Epicocity

Guys the extended Preview shows that Weavile also is facing Pikachu

Unless, as someone pointed out to me, that part is spliced. Pikachu looks like he's coming in first from that shot, but we know Tyranitar is first on Alain's side. They could have just spliced the two scenes together to mess with all of us.

Epicocity

To prove that Ash does actually remember he has a Pikachu when it comes down to Greninja taking the spotlight?

Greninja: winner and decider of the battle.
Pikachu: true MVP of the League.

And here everyone thought it'd be Greninja...

Joltik-Kid

Unless, as someone pointed out to me, that part is spliced. Pikachu looks like he's coming in first from that shot, but we know Tyranitar is first on Alain's side. They could have just spliced the two scenes together to mess with all of us.
Considering extended trailers are suppose to give us information we missed... I can't image that was spliced. Then again, if Pikachu really is fighting Weavile, the whole match up stuff gets really complicated

Epicocity

Considering extended trailers are suppose to give us information we missed... I can't image that was spliced. Then again, if Pikachu really is fighting Weavile, the whole match up stuff gets really complicated

Well, like last week's sponsor message had Ash and Alain going to the finals, and then Mairin meeting Chespin. The two had literally nothing to do with each other and happened in two totally separate places in the episode, so...

Pteranodonte

We don't actually see Pikachu fighting Weavile. We only see Pikachu going into the field and in the next scene Alain calling out Weavile. They could be 2 different scenes.

Joltik-Kid

We don't actually see Pikachu fighting Weavile. We only see Pikachu going into the field and in the next scene Alain calling out Weavile. They could be 2 different scenes.

Well, like last week's sponsor message had Ash and Alain going to the finals, and then Mairin meeting Chespin. The two had literally nothing to do with each other and happened in two totally separate places in the episode, so...

Well all things considered the entire preview was mostly the Pikachu show to begin with...

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Greninja: winner and decider of the battle.
Pikachu: true MVP of the League.

And here everyone thought it'd be Greninja...

This is just me I guess, but I feel that given the impact I see Ash winning the League having, Greninja being the one to decide the battle would make him just as much of an MVP of the League as Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.