• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Greninja: winner and decider of the battle.
Pikachu: true MVP of the League.

And here everyone thought it'd be Greninja...

Well stated haha
Tbh I'm surprised pikachu is getting so many battles here but it is ash's first chance to win a league in the finals so I'm glad pikachu is rising to the occasion!
Lol at Alain having an unfezant, Id be very disappointed/shocked if talonflame loses to it

Rohanator

Since Pikachu is sent out the same time as Weavile it will obviously get recalled since Lucha also fights Weavile, kind of interesting if it gets recalled against both Tyranitar and Weavile. There might be some sort of build up where Ash tries to use Pikachu several times but always fails until it beats Metagross, whereas Alan feels frustrated about failing to KO Pikachu so many times and resorts to Charizard.

catzeye

Writer's Block
This is just me I guess, but I feel that given the impact I see Ash winning the League having, Greninja being the one to decide the battle would make him just as much of an MVP of the League as Pikachu.

It's no doubt that Greninja will be an MVP. However with Pikachu being the veteran of Ash's "Ultimate team" it actually makes since for him to be a MVP as well. It just wouldn't feel right if Ash wins the league without Pikachu putting in major work.

I'm okay with Pikachu not giving the final blow since it seems as if he is going to give Alain's Pokemon a rough time. Alain hasn't really seen Pikachu in action and it will no doubt surprise him that an unevolved Pokemon is going to be a real threat.

Epicocity

This is just me I guess, but I feel that given the impact I see Ash winning the League having, Greninja being the one to decide the battle would make him just as much of an MVP of the League as Pikachu.

Oh, I'm not denying that Greninja would be a star of the battle. But Pikachu took down two of Sawyer's team, and then he'll be battling 3-4 of Alain's, presumably taking at least one down...that speaks volumes. Little guy deserves it in Ash's ultimate match.

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's prediction v2:

==Rock terrain==

Tyranitar / Pikachu
(Pikachu recalled)
Tyranitar / Dracula Otachi
Bisharp / Dracula Otachi
(Bisharp recalled)
Weavile / Pikachu
(Pikachu recalled)
Weavile / Lucha
Charizard / Lucha
Charizard / Pikachu
(both recalled)
Unfezant / Smogonbird (Draw)

==Stage switch to Grass terrain==

Metagross / Pikachu --> [episode ends here]
Metagross / Pikachu (Draw)
Bisharp / Barney
Charizard / Barney
(Mega) Charizard X /???/ (Sato)Smogonfrog

PAndrews

To prove that Ash does actually remember he has a Pikachu when it comes down to Greninja taking the spotlight?

And yet Pikachu took the spotlight against Sawyer and it appears again here.
Greninja gets the strongest opponent, Pikachu gets most wins and fights half the opponents team, which is ridiculous and terrible writing in a league where only 2 battles are fully shown in which Pikachu gets to shine at the expense of Hawlucha (losing despite a type advantage), Noivern (all it got is a tie so far) and Goodra (why did it return for a stalemate). Unless Pikachu is in 3 of the battles but gets recalled or loses them all, its clear at least one, possibly 2 of the others are a flallguy for Pikachu again.

Amine

And yet Pikachu took the spotlight against Sawyer and it appears again here.
Greninja gets the strongest opponent, Pikachu gets most wins and fights half the opponents team, which is ridiculous and terrible writing in a league where only 2 battles are fully shown in which Pikachu gets to shine at the expense of Hawlucha (losing despite a type advantage), Noivern (all it got is a tie so far) and Goodra (why did it return for a stalemate). Unless Pikachu is in 3 of the battles but gets recalled or loses them all, its clear at least one, possibly 2 of the others are a flallguy for Pikachu again.

All good for me. As far as I'm concerned, from all ash's pokemon he has six that form his ultimate team right now: Pikachu/Charizard/Snorlax/Sceptile/Infernape/Ash-greninja and I don't really care about the others. So if any of these shine in a battle, that's a good battle. The rest is just there for the kids.

PAndrews

All good for me. As far as I'm concerned, from all ash's pokemon he has six that form his ultimate team right now: Pikachu/Charizard/Snorlax/Sceptile/Infernape/Ash-greninja and I don't really care about the others. So if any of these shine in a battle, that's a good battle. The rest is just there for the kids.

Small problem, the writers have literally called this his ultimate team, meaning this should be one of if not the strongest team he can assemble with what he has.

And before you label the Oaked guys as stronger, don't forget that this is a team in which all members have been shown capable of battling either legendaries, E4 or even champ level opponents.
- Hawlucha sent a Zapdos flying and has beaten a Mega one on one
- Noivern battled Zapdos on equal ground and Talonflame tanked multiple thunderbolts before finally going down
- Greninja, without transforming, was shown capable of battling Mega Charizard during their rematch and fought the champ on equal ground before both transformed.

So nostalgia and fanboyism aside, this team is shown and stated to consist of nothing but top rankers among all of Ash's pokemon

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

Both ash & alain are gonna lose 2 pokes before unfezant vs taloneflame according to those sillehoutte. Pikachu seems to be defeating metagross & tyranitar as it is seen facing charizard & weawile afterwards.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Geez, poor Unfezant, it's not even my favorite bird and you're making it fill bad for it.

As for the match, I'm starting to get worried, we're seeing all five of Alain's mons in this episode, Pikachu's facing four of his Pokemon, and Goodra's being saved off to the last episode (hopefullynot as a fall guy for X glorification), it seems a bit too fast paced. Also, I swear, if Noivern leaves this league with just a tie I'm going to flip.

Last edited:
Small problem, the writers have literally called this his ultimate team, meaning this should be one of if not the strongest team he can assemble with what he has.

And before you label the Oaked guys as stronger, don't forget that this is a team in which all members have been shown capable of battling either legendaries, E4 or even champ level opponents.
- Noivern battled Zapdos on equal ground and Talonflame tanked multiple thunderbolts before finally going down
- Greninja, without transforming, was shown capable of battling Mega Charizard during their rematch and fought the champ on equal ground before both transformed.

So nostalgia and fanboyism aside, this team is shown and stated to consist of nothing but top rankers among all of Ash's pokemon

Yeah no, 2/3 of the Kalos team can't hold a candle to Charizard, Pikachu, Sceptile, Snorlax, Infernape and Greninja. Ultimate team doesn't mean ultimate pokemon.

Amine

It's not fanboyism it's the truth. First, greninja is in my ultimate team, your third point doesn' say anything. for the two first points you're stating two unofficial battles, that weren't even battles.

Now talonflame and Charizard have the same types. Is talonflame better than charizard. heck if you want a better bird, swellow is way better and had better battle records.

Is Hawlucha Better than Infernape ? Hawlucha couldn't evene defeat slaking even with its weakness.

Sorry but an ultimate team should be composed of pokemons that have good battle records or that are shown to be quite strong. Pikachu is the only that has defeated two legendaries: Regice and Latios. Charizard was Ash's ace in Kanto and Johto and he was the first one to defeat a legendary. Sceptile was Ash's ace in Battle frontier and he defeated Darkrai. Infernape was Ash's ace in sinnoh and now Greninja is his Ace, and with the transformation his most powerful pokemon. For Snorlax, it's a powerhouse. Some honorable mention to Swellow which is the best bird Ash ever had.

Amine

Yeah no, 2/3 of the Kalos team can't hold a candle to Charizard, Pikachu, Sceptile, Snorlax, Infernape and Greninja. Ultimate team doesn't mean ultimate pokemon.

Yeah I can't understand how much Kalos team is overrated where Greninja and pikachu are the only two that have good records. And it's not a problem, it's good to have an ace.

But that also what makes people mad when Ash doesn't use his reserves, because he has so many good pokemons that he could simply sweep the league with them. If Kalos team can beat Alain or even lose 6-5, this 6 pokemons would just sweep.

Epicocity

Yeah I can't understand how much Kalos team is overrated where Greninja and pikachu are the only two that have good records. And it's not a problem, it's good to have an ace.

But that also what makes people mad when Ash doesn't use his reserves, because he has so many good pokemons that he could simply sweep the league with them. If Kalos team can beat Alain or even lose 6-5, this 6 pokemons would just sweep.

You guys say this like if he brought his "dream team" to the final match that most of them wouldn't just add another win and another loss to their record. Do you guys really think they wouldn't make it a nailbiter by having those aces go down?

That isn't to say his "ultimate team" is his...well, "ultimate team". But regionally, I can see it.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
YES! LORD UNFEZANT IS BACK!

I am very excited to see Unfezant in Alan's team. It's such an underappreciated Pokémon. I hope it does the finest of work against Ash's team instead of common powerhouses like Tyranitar and Bisharp...

The battle looks awesome. I am hoping there is going to be a lot more switches than in Shota's battle (and it seems there will be according to how many Pokémon we see Alan using in part one alone). I'm stoked for this!

Rampardo

You people dont get much right. Here

Pika vs Tyranitar, Pika is recalled
Noivern vs Tyranitar, Noivern wins
Noivern vs Bisharp, Bisharp wins and is recalled which leads to Pikachu vs Weavile like the preview showed

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
This whole "Ultimate Team" is just there to hype things up. No need to take it seriously, we all know it's not Ash's best 6.

K.N.

I'm fine with Pikachu getting a lot of spotlight in Ash's first ever league final. Seems appropriate to me.

I do get it might annoy fans of the Kalos team since it's not "fair" to them...but I take issue with calling it "bad" writing when it actually makes sense that Ash's longest partner also happens to be one of his most important in one of the most important battles of his life. That and Pikachu has way more battle experience than almost everyone else on the team (somewhat arguable when compared to Hawlucha given his backstory- who knows how long he ran around fighting others in that forest).

In particular I don't really have a problem with Noivern getting no wins before bowing out (even though I'm betting he'll get one here). The rest of Kalos team you could maybe think of reasons for why they're some of Ash's stronger Pokemon, but Noibat was a newborn who had literally 0 battles before he had an evolution handed to him, after which he's had an unimpressive battle record. Getting to tie with a Salamence is already a pretty good showing IMO.

Animation in the preview doesn't seem to be as on-point as usual. I'm assuming that they're saving the budget for Charizard vs Greninja.

Status
Not open for further replies.