• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Then based on this image... Tyranitar gets switched out for Weavile, because Weavile is the first grayed Pokemon

Then based on this image... Tyranitar gets switched out for Weavile, because Weavile is the first grayed Pokemon

What that means is that Weavile is the most recent pokemon to get taken down, Tyranitar falls first. Remember how Slurpuff looked like it was the first pokemon taken down because its picture was in that spot? Basically the way grayed out pokemon work for this league is this:

most recent pokemon to fall -> oldest pokemon to fall -> big picture = current pokemon brought out.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
What that means is that Weavile is the most recent pokemon to get taken down, Tyranitar falls first. Remember how Slurpuff looked like it was the first pokemon taken down because its picture was in that spot? Basically the way grayed out pokemon work for this league is this:

most recent pokemon to fall -> oldest pokemon to fall -> big picture = current pokemon brought out.

The new scoreboard is so confusing... they should have just brought back the circle from Hoenn/Sinnoh

if that's true...that means Noivern is the first one to go down for Ash.

It is, which is unfortunate. But the scoreboard shows that Pikachu will be recalled so best case scenario is that Pikachu is recalled during the match with Tyranitar and Noivern finishes it off. Then Bisharp finishes Noivern out before being recalled and we get Hawlucha vs. Weavile.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Who knows, or Pikachu beats Tyranitar, is called back. Bisharp takes Noivern down, Hawlucha enters and Alain switches out to Weavile.

Last edited:

sheld999

pikachu prob defeats 2 pokemon metagross and tranitar and loses to charizard

Joltik-Kid

Good lord that's confusing

epicgordan

Actually, that image, is of a greyed out Tyranitar. And while it is kind of hard to tell who the Pokémon Alain had recalled earlier prior to Talonflame vs. Unfezant (due to the glare from the impending explosion), I can confirm through deductive reasoning (Ash's Hawlucha and Noivern had already been beaten, whereas Tyranitar was the only one of Alain's Pokémon shown to have been defeated), I think it's safe to assume that Weavile/Unfezant have defeated Hawlucha and Noivern collectively before Talonflame came along to defeat Unfezant. Since the field didn't change yet when Bisharp was called out, I'm pretty much making the guarantee that Pikachu/Hawlucha defeats Tyranitar, and then Hawlucha and Noivern fall to Weavile/Unfezant. If I have to guess, Unfezant might actually be incredibly powerful. Which makes sense since Alain is obsessed with power, and the only thing separating him from Paul is that he clearly loves his Pokémon.

Joltik-Kid

Paul respected the heck out of his Pokemon and they felt the same way for him... but we've already had this discussion a few weeks ago. The major difference between Alain and Paul is the respect they had for Ash. Paul took a while to admit Ash was a good trainer, whereas Alain took a liking to Ash right from the start

Actually, that image, is of a greyed out Tyranitar. And while it is kind of hard to tell who the Pokémon Alain had recalled earlier prior to Talonflame vs. Unfezant (due to the glare from the impending explosion), I can confirm through deductive reasoning (Ash's Hawlucha and Noivern had already been beaten, whereas Tyranitar was the only one of Alain's Pokémon shown to have been defeated), I think it's safe to assume that Weavile/Unfezant have defeated Hawlucha and Noivern collectively before Talonflame came along to defeat Unfezant. Since the field didn't change yet when Bisharp was called out, I'm pretty much making the guarantee that Pikachu/Hawlucha defeats Tyranitar, and then Hawlucha and Noivern fall to Weavile/Unfezant. If I have to guess, Unfezant might actually be incredibly powerful. Which makes sense since Alain is obsessed with power, and the only thing separating him from Paul is that he clearly loves his Pokémon.

There's another grayed out pokemon next to Tyranitar. HD previews shows that the scoreboard looks like this:

Alain - Weavile (grayed out/2nd to fall), Tyranitar (grayed out/1st to fall), pokeball, pokeball, Bisharp (recalled), Unfezant (currently battling)
Talonflame (currently battling), Pikachu (recalled), pokeball, pokeball, Noivern (grayed out/1st to fall), Hawlucha (grayed out/2nd to fall) - Ash

Before the field change to the grass field, Alain loses Tyranitar, then Weavile, then probably Unfezant while Ash loses Noivern, then Hawlucha, then probably Talonflame.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Paul respected the heck out of his Pokemon and they felt the same way for him... but we've already had this discussion a few weeks ago. The major difference between Alain and Paul is the respect they had for Ash. Paul took a while to admit Ash was a good trainer, whereas Alain took a liking to Ash right from the start

Would alain have done that though if ash didnt have the equivalent of a mega?

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

andrewscott48209

Wonder what kind of moves Alan's other pokemon would have when they go against Ash's pokemon?

I wonder if Tyranitar has pursuit. I think it also has either bite or crunch, and will bite on Pikachu's iron tail. Bisharp's claws are shining blue during an attack. I wonder if that's fury cutter. Unfesant seems to have air cutter. I think Weavile has aha awake claw. We know about Metagross's attacks (though it may have learned a new move) and Charizard's attacks.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I find that very interesting and makes me think that Alain's other pokemon aren't as well trained as we make them out to be. Only Zard X deserves the hype.
or...you know, they didn't wanna reveal his team members and its normal for rivals to only have one 'mon out at a time cause the others likely don't have established personalities anyway? Hence why Shouta just had Jukain out.

Akashin

Would alain have done that though if ash didnt have the equivalent of a mega?

If Ash had something that could give Alain and Charizard an exciting challenge regardless? Maybe, though I'm doubting Ash would have caught Alain's attention in the first place without Ash Greninja so it's probably a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.