• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Man Pikachu is really being put through the wringer in this match

I guess they want this part to be Pikachu's time shime before he passes the baton to Greninja next week

If this is a League that Ash actually wins, then it's only appropriate and fair that his loyal yellow companion of 20 years gets his fair share in the operation ;)

Jacob2145

I'm disappointed with Alain's team. Not because it's a weak or bad team, but because Ash has already battled three of those Pokemon in earlier important matches (Weavile, Metagross, Unfezant). And if we count the pre-evolutions for those three, then he fought multiple times against these Pokemon. I was hoping for something fresh.

Also, a question to everyone who think that Ash will win the league - what about the status quo? Ash wants to become a Pokemon master, if he wins then what reason will he have for travelling to the next region?

Personally, I hope that Ash will lose, even if it's by an inch.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
I'm disappointed with Alain's team. Not because it's a weak or bad team, but because Ash has already battled three of those Pokemon in earlier important matches (Weavile, Metagross, Unfezant). And if we count the pre-evolutions for those three, then he thought multiple times against these Pokemon. I was hoping for something fresh.

Also, a question to everyone who think that Ash will win the league - what about the status quo? Ash wants to become a Pokemon master, if he wins then what reason will he have for travelling to the next region?

Well, the same reason he came to Kalos or went to Sinnoh after beating the Battle Frontier. There's still alot for him to learn, new Pokemon to see and catch and many more adventures he can take part in. Winning a League doesn't make you a Pokemon Master, it's just a step in the right direction. Winning Kalos could open many doors for new adventures for Ash where he could build upon Kalos and use it in other regions. (if they keep continuity which isn't likely).

I can't see how you'd like him to lose. I've been watching since I was three years old when the show first aired in the US and every League I rooted for him to win. Having him finally win a League and advance closer towards his dream would be great for not only the series as a whole but his character as well. It's been 20 years since the series began, give the man a real League win.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm disappointed with Alain's team. Not because it's a weak or bad team, but because Ash has already battled three of those Pokemon in earlier important matches (Weavile, Metagross, Unfezant). And if we count the pre-evolutions for those three, then he fought multiple times against these Pokemon. I was hoping for something fresh.

I think they could have done that on purpose. If it was all new pokemon, then Ash would have a harder time winning, but since he has experience with all of Alain's pokemon then Ash shouldn't have as hard of a time. I like that it's nothing new for Ash since it shows that he belongs in this battle, having experienced everything already.

Pokemon master doesn't have a definition and is not definitely not defined by winning a league so it won't have an effect on his goal. I guess it will bring him closer to reaching his goal, whatever being a Pokemon master is.
Since his goal isn't defined other than being a pokemon master, they can basically make him do anything and claim it's on the road to being a master.

edit: half greninja'd

Jacob2145

Well, the same reason he came to Kalos or went to Sinnoh after beating the Battle Frontier. There's still alot for him to learn, new Pokemon to see and catch and many more adventures he can take part in. Winning a League doesn't make you a Pokemon Master, it's just a step in the right direction. Winning Kalos could open many doors for new adventures for Ash where he could build upon Kalos and use it in other regions. (if they keep continuity which isn't likely).

I can't see how you'd like him to lose. I've been watching since I was three years old when the show first aired in the US and every League I rooted for him to win. Having him finally win a League and advance closer towards his dream would be great for not only the series as a whole but his character as well. It's been 20 years since the series began, give the man a real League win.

Hm... so maybe he could fight Diantha after the Team Flare arc and lose 0-6 and that would give him the inspiration to become even stronger? Probable scenario.

I don't like Ash very much, even if he is the protagonist. I like trainers like Paul and Alain way more. That's why I was rooting for Paul back then and I'll be rooting for Alain in the upcoming match.

I think they could have done that on purpose. If it was all new pokemon, then Ash would have a harder time winning, but since he has experience with all of Alain's pokemon then Ash shouldn't have as hard of a time. I like that it's nothing new for Ash since it shows that he belongs in this battle, having experienced everything already.

I said only three. I don't recall him ever fighting a Tyranitar or Bisharp. And the only time he fought a Charizard was way back in Johto, but it wasn't an important battle.

Amine

Hm... so maybe he could fight Diantha after the Team Flare arc and lose 0-6 and that would give him the inspiration to become even stronger? Probable scenario.

I don't like Ash very much, even if he is the protagonist. I like trainers like Paul and Alain way more. That's why I was rooting for Paul back then and I'll be rooting for Alain in the upcoming match.

I said only three. I don't recall him ever fighting a Tyranitar or Bisharp. And the only time he fought a Charizard was way back in Johto, but it wasn't an important battle.

The first pokemon greninja fought when he evolved was Bisharp. But it wasn't an official battle, it was agains't those bad guys who attacked the ninja village.

Epicocity

You don't want the protagonist to win? That seems odd...

Anyway, it'd be impossible for Ash to outright fight against something unknown. Even if he hasn't battled them, he still has met them. And he has fought a Bisharp: Hidayu's in the Ninja Village. Then you'd have to count the fact that he's faced Megazard X multiple times now. The only way to really bring something new in would be Alola Pokemon, and with TF on the horizon, it's too early for that. Besides, we knew Metagross would be there back in XYZ 23 where we knew Alain had a Metang.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!

You rooted for Paul back then?! Even if he was-?! You know what, that's fine. You have your opinions, and we have ours.

We're looking at the match from a story perspective, based on what has happened and what will happen.

Points to look at are Alain being a less enthusiastic, unsporting, misguided person who has yet to discover the truth behind Lysandre's intentions.

There's also Lysandre wanting to speak with Ash about Greninja's Bond Phenomenon. If he lost to Charizard, what reason would there be for Lysandre to want to kidnap him in order to gain that power? And if he lost to Alain, wouldn't that make him seem like less of a threat to Team Flare so that he doesn't need to be taken hostage?

Well, we'll have to wait and see what happens, but the storyline does provide some interesting details.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Woooaaaahh, I'm surprised to see Pikachu battling both Tyranitar and Metagross, then Charizard! :0 I thought Pikachu will defeat Tyranitar but I wouldn't mind it if he defeats Metagross too.... I think he's doing the most out of Ash's team which is nice because it shows Pikachu is Ash's strongest Pokemon.

Mootjuh

Winning the league does not mean becoming a Pokemon Master. Heck, I don't think we've ever met anyone who could be considered a Pokemon Master(except maybe Professor Oak?). There are different ways to become one and probably different kinds too. I think becoming a Pokemon Master is a matter of experience. Whether you win the league or not. Ash's goal is to gather different kinds of experiences mainly focused on battling. Becoming League Champion is just one of the potential experiences he can have.

Jacob2145

You don't want the protagonist to win? That seems odd...

Anyway, it'd be impossible for Ash to outright fight against something unknown. Even if he hasn't battled them, he still has met them. And he has fought a Bisharp: Hidayu's in the Ninja Village. Then you'd have to count the fact that he's faced Megazard X multiple times now. The only way to really bring something new in would be Alola Pokemon, and with TF on the horizon, it's too early for that. Besides, we knew Metagross would be there back in XYZ 23 where we knew Alain had a Metang.

Sorry then, I must've missed that episode with Bisharp. And yes, obviously he fought Mega Charizard before, but I was talking more about the regular zard, it seems that in the upcoming battle he won't mega evolve immediately. But then again... I might've missed some Kalos episodes regarding this fact too :/

You rooted for Paul back then?! Even if he was-?! You know what, that's fine. You have your opinions, and we have ours.

We're looking at the match from a story perspective, based on what has happened and what will happen.

Points to look at are Alain being a less enthusiastic, unsporting, misguided person who has yet to discover the truth behind Lysandre's intentions.

There's also Lysandre wanting to speak with Ash about Greninja's Bond Phenomenon. If he lost to Charizard, what reason would there be for Lysandre to want to kidnap him in order to gain that power? And if he lost to Alain, wouldn't that make him seem like less of a threat to Team Flare so that he doesn't need to be taken hostage?

Well, we'll have to wait and see what happens, but the storyline does provide some interesting details.

Yes, I did. I rooted for Paul in every battle he had, except the part when he stopped giving Chimchar commands in that one tournament (I thought it was really weird and ridiculous). The thing is, I like jerk trainers in the Pokemon anime. They don't talk about this "love your Pokemon" rubbish and have amazing strategies.

Um... even if Greninja lost, he would still have the bonding powers, no? Lysandre might be interested in the power itself and not in Greninja's win to loss ratio.

Epicocity

Yes, I did. I rooted for Paul in every battle he had, except the part when he stopped giving Chimchar commands in that one tournament (I thought it was really weird and ridiculous). The thing is, I like jerk trainers in the Pokemon anime. They don't talk about this "love your Pokemon" rubbish and have amazing strategies.

Um... even if Greninja lost, he would still have the bonding powers, no? Lysandre might be interested in the power itself and not in Greninja's win to loss ratio.

Erm...that kinda makes me think you're missing the point of the show, but whatever.

Nah, Lysandre wouldn't be interested because he only wants those that are strong, which is why he told Alain he was out if he even lost once.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!

Yes, he would have those powers, but Epicocity is right. Lysandre isn't interested in those who lose so easily. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he just dropped Alain after Ash wins, assuming that's what will happen...

Jacob2145

Erm...that kinda makes me think you're missing the point of the show, but whatever.

Nah, Lysandre wouldn't be interested because he only wants those that are strong, which is why he told Alain he was out if he even lost once.

Believe me, I'm not missing the point. In the show all is about love, happy go lucky, smiling, dancing and best friends. But that's not the reason why I follow it. I watch important battles, such as gym battles, rival battles and of course league battles. Whenever there's a character like Paul, Trip or Alain, I try to follow the episodes they appear in. The writers want to show that being a jerk to Pokemon is bad, but IMO it's not all black and white. Paul was an amazing trainer and his Pokemon knew that. If he was a jerk to his Pokemon they wouldn't even listen to him.

Janovy

Banned
Yes, he would have those powers, but Epicocity is right. Lysandre isn't interested in those who lose so easily. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he just dropped Alain after Ash wins, assuming that's what will happen...
Losing 6-5 isn't losing easily :p

In any case, Lysandre dropping Alain would be downright foolish when he can still use him.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
A lot of people have been mentioning pikachu also battling weavile ? Was there actually a scan for that or just speculation ?

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
A lot of people have been mentioning pikachu also battling weavile ? Was there actually a scan for that or just speculation ?

Mostly speculation since it's at the end of the 40 second preview. Half of us are saying that it's two clips spliced together to try and confuse us, and I'm one of them. I think Pikachu's fighting just Tyranitar, Metagross, and Charizard in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.