• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
I think Hawlucha's getting hit by a move from Weavile. I think that it's icy wind.

I believe Hawlucha's blocking a Night Slash from Weavile, and the steam that seems to be emanating from him could potentially be a new move. Bulk Up maybe?

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Mostly speculation since it's at the end of the 40 second preview. Half of us are saying that it's two clips spliced together to try and confuse us, and I'm one of them. I think Pikachu's fighting just Tyranitar, Metagross, and Charizard in this episode.

Ah ok thank you!
Yeah I think it's just gonna take out tyranitar and metagross too +lose to Charizard pretty easy haha 4/6 seems like a stretch even for pika but hey we'll see tomorrow

ShadowForce720

I believe Hawlucha's blocking a Night Slash from Weavile, and the steam that seems to be emanating from him could potentially be a new move. Bulk Up maybe?

If it is a new move I'm thinking it's either Bulk Up or Quick Guard that were seeing it use although I think between the 2 Bulk up would make most sense since it would raise both it's defense and attack. Also the more I'm look at Hawlucha's red glow the more it looks like Hawlucha is actually using a new move rather then it just being the result of Weavile hitting it with Night Slash, but I guess will have our answer tomorrow.

andrewscott48209

I did not see that sword from might slash. Thanks for pointing that out. But if Hawlucha learns a new move, which move will be forgotten?

ShadowForce720

I did not see that sword from might slash. Thanks for pointing that out. But if Hawlucha learns a new move, which move will be forgotten?

Maybe Karate Chop. I mean I'm pretty sure it will keep X-Scissor and Flying Press, so the only 2 moves it could replace is either Karate Chop or Hi Jump Kick although I'm thinking that it would be Karate Chop that gets replaced. Also maybe if Hawlucha has learned a new move, maybe by some chance Talonflame, Noivern, or Goodra have picked up a new move.

Jacob2145

Ah ok thank you!
Yeah I think it's just gonna take out tyranitar and metagross too +lose to Charizard pretty easy haha 4/6 seems like a stretch even for pika but hey we'll see tomorrow

Why do you think Pikachu will win against those two? Just because he's battling them doesn't mean he'll win. I'm almost sure there will be a lot of switches during this battle (unlike the Sawyer match).

gliscor&yanmega

Hawlucha's arms look like they are crossed in the picture so I wouldn't be surprised if it's countering with X-Scissor or Karate Chop.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Hawlucha's arms look like they are crossed in the picture so I wouldn't be surprised if it's countering with X-Scissor or Karate Chop.

It could eventually use that, but because it's body has some steam coming from it and it's glowing red, then it's probably bring affected by an attack or its in the middle of using a new move.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate

Looking at the picture right now, it looks like Hawlucha is blocking Night Slash from Weavile by crossing its arms. Not sure what Metagross is doing, but it looks like he might be using Meteor mash. Like some said, I won't be surprised if Hawlucha is using X-Scissor to block what might be Weavile's Night Slash.

gliscor&yanmega

It could eventually use that, but because it's body has some steam coming from it and it's glowing red, then it's probably bring affected by an attack or its in the middle of using a new move.

The steam is around its arms and Weavile is seemingly using Night Slash, so it's probably due to the collision of the attacks. The glowing could also be from the collision, albeit, it's odd Weavile doesn't have a glow, although it could be a simple matter of Hawlucha being the one on the receiving end and could be blown back.

EDIT: Bulk Up has always been shown with a reddish aura though, so I suppose it could be that if anything. However, there isn't an aura around Hawlucha, so the glow could just be because of the collision and Hawlucha's red body makes it seem reddish.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

Looking at the picture right now, it looks like Hawlucha is blocking Night Slash from Weavile by crossing its arms. Not sure what Metagross is doing, but it looks like he might be using Meteor mash. Like some said, I won't be surprised if Hawlucha is using X-Scissor to block what might be Weavile's Night Slash.

except like Playerking said you can clearly see steam is coming off of Hawlucha's body and Hawlucha itself is glowing red.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
except like Playerking said you can clearly see steam is coming off of Hawlucha's body and Hawlucha itself is glowing red.

You do bring up a good point. From what I understand, X-scissor looks like a light blue-glowing "X." Looking at it again, there is no glowing "X," so it really does look like it could be a new move.

Epicocity

You do bring up a good point. From what I understand, X-scissor looks like a light blue-glowing "X." Looking at it again, there is no glowing "X," so it really does look like it could be a new move.

Looks more to me just like lighting giving an effect. There's sparks and crackles and stuff, so I really think it's just an effect of the attack. Personally, I'd actually be disappointed if Hawlucha suddenly learned a new move in battle. I've loved that this is, I think, the first region where Ash has never won a major battle because a new move was suddenly learned or an evolution kicked in mid-battle.

andrewscott48209

Looks more to me just like lighting giving an effect. There's sparks and crackles and stuff, so I really think it's just an effect of the attack. Personally, I'd actually be disappointed if Hawlucha suddenly learned a new move in battle. I've loved that this is, I think, the first region where Ash has never won a major battle because a new move was suddenly learned or an evolution kicked in mid-battle.

True. Though if Hawlucha does learn a new move, art least don't pull a Krookodile and only use it to win a battle..

Last edited:

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
True. Though if garlic does learn a new move, art least don't pull a Krookodile and only use it to win a battle..

Oh my goodness, I still remember Ash vs Stephan. Krookodile learns aerial ace offscreen and just beats Sawk, then never to be seen using aerial ace again in another major battle. That was pretty ridiculous if you ask me. In all honesty though, I don't think Hawlucha would learn any new moves, but it would be a nice surprise though if he does.

gliscor&yanmega

I'd be disappointed too if it learned a new move in battle, although revealing one would be another story. But I feel like it's a bit pointless to give anything new moves now that XY is nearing its end, don't see the writers bothering with it.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I'd be disappointed too if it learned a new move in battle, although revealing one would be another story. But I feel like it's a bit pointless to give anything new moves now that XY is nearing its end, don't see the writers bothering with it.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if the move sets of Ash's Pokemon stayed the same.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Why do you think Pikachu will win against those two? Just because he's battling them doesn't mean he'll win. I'm almost sure there will be a lot of switches during this battle (unlike the Sawyer match).

Well nothing is confirmed obviously but I'd like to think pikachu can get two wins in ash's most important league match?
There will be switches but pikachu could always be switched in too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.