• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 11th: XY&Z037 - The Finals! Ash VS Alan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Would be a great way to showcase the way he battles, taking opponents hits to motivate himself further, but I feel like it'd visually appear similar to Goodra's Bide, only with Hawlucha moving around and participating as he charges energy. Still more interesting, but as you said, Hawlucha can't learn it.

I actually think Hawlucha learning revenge would be perfect for him because he would be able to bring out double the damage if he keeps taking attacks from opponents (kind of like how Slaking was able to use Counter except he doesn't need to take a lot of damage to do it). Of course, it is too bad that Hawlucha can't learn it. I would be awesome if he can learn it.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I actually think Hawlucha learning revenge would be perfect for him because he would be able to bring out double the damage if he keeps taking attacks from opponents (kind of like how Slaking was able to use Counter except he doesn't need to take a lot of damage to do it). Of course, it is too bad that Hawlucha can't learn it. I would be awesome if he can learn it.

The only real update he has is God bird, also known as sky attack that thing is perfect for hawlucha in my opinion.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
The only real update he has is God bird, also known as sky attack that thing is perfect for hawlucha in my opinion.

Sky Attack for Hawlucha would be perfect too, plus it is a move that he can learn. Imagine a combination attack between Sky Attack and Flying Press.

Last edited:

_Dog

The battle comes very shortly. Here's hoping that Ash will win the match; I've waited years for this, and I only want victory for Ash. Let's hope the writers don't screw this huge opportunity. Now is the time to pull off something very special here. Go Ash!

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
The battle comes very shortly. Here's hoping that Ash will win the match; I've waited years for this, and I only want victory for Ash. Let's hope the writers don't screw this huge opportunity. Now is the time to pull off something very special here. Go Ash!

I'm rooting for Ash too! Go Ash! He sounds like he is the underdog, but I believe that he will win! I believe that he will win!

Epicocity

I'm rooting for Ash too! Go Ash! He sounds like he is the underdog, but I believe that he will win! I believe that he will win!

Do we all wanna do a final thought process of what we think will happen? Order has been done to death, but character reactions, potential flashbacks, banter between Ash and Alain? Any final predictions?

EDIT: Apparently there was an Oha Suta preview. Didn't show much we haven't already seen, but it did show Sand Stream active and Tyranitar firing something, along with Metagross raising its legs like in the picture.

Last edited:

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Do we all wanna do a final thought process of what we think will happen? Order has been done to death, but character reactions, potential flashbacks, banter between Ash and Alain? Any final predictions?

In some parts, Clemont would probably say some analysis and be optimistic, saying like "Ash was smart to switch out Pikachu since it was at a disadvantage." Or "That's why you never underestimate Ash because of his spontaneous strategy." Team Rocket would have a moment when the battle intensifies. Jessie probably saying like "wow, that twerp" Then James "is really in a tight battle." Then Meowth "I still think he could win it." I think the flashbacks would occur in the second half of the finals. Ash's friends would start to worry and wonder if he can pull it out since we know that the battle is going to be very intense. After the first half, Alain would probably tell Ash that "This battle is great so far. I entered the Kalos League because I wanted to battle you one more time." Ash says, "Well, I know you're strong, but I'll still battle to win." Then Alain would say, "Let's give it both our best."

jrizza88

Meteorite
Just a thought, but has anyone thought about Hawlucha learning the move Revenge? He appears to be glowing a light orange-red tone which would make sense with the move. Plus, it deals even more damage if the user is hit first which would fit perfectly with Hawlucha's battling style of taking hits to motivate himself and using it against his opponents.

Of course, it could be nothing and just the lighting of the scene.

That would be cool, maybe he uses that move after Noivern is defeated to defeat Weavile!

I am excited and nervous at the same time, especially for Hawlucha, Noivern and Pikachu since if Talonflame doesn't fall, I think one of them will be the fall guy. I honestly root for it to be Noivern... sorry, but at least we can say none of Ash's pokemon had a straight up loss in this league, unlike the last two. Did torkoal ever get a win though??

starting to think this will happen:
Pikachu vs Tyranitar - pikachu recalled
Noivern vs Tyranitar - Noivern
Noivern vs Bisharp - Bisharp recalled
Noivern vs Weavile - Weavile
Hawlucha vs Weavile - Hawlucha
Hawlucha vs Metagross - Metagross
Talonflame vs Metagross Metagross recalled
Talonflame vs Unfezant - Unfezant
*** FIELD CHANGE ***
Pikachu vs Unfezant - Unfezant recalled
Pikachu vs Metagross - Pikachu
Pikachu vs Charizard - Immediate cliffhanger after quick attack lands.

Part 2:
Pikachu vs Charizard - CharizardPikachu lands one more hit and then faints / Charizard recalled
Goodra vs Unfezant - Goodra
Goodra vs Bisharp - Goodra!
Goodra vs Charizard - Charizard
Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Charizard ???????!!!!!!

Last edited:

jrizza88

Meteorite
How on earth is Goodra going to beat Bisharp? It resists most of Goodra's attacks.

welp, either that or Greninja switches with Goodra to beat it, or Goodra ties or loses to Bisharp then.

But although Icebeam, dragon pulse, etc. is weak it could still use those attacks and bide to fight it off, or lose and have Greninja defeat it easily so that both Charizard and Greninja are at the same level I guess.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
welp, either that or Greninja switches with Goodra to beat it, or Goodra ties or loses to Bisharp then.

But although Icebeam, dragon pulse, etc. is weak it could still use those attacks and bide to fight it off, or lose and have Greninja defeat it easily so that both Charizard and Greninja are at the same level I guess.

It would be possible that Bisharp would be weakened by by one of Ash's Pokemon before Alain recalled it, so Goodra has a fighting chance despite its huge underdog role.

ZettaSlowKing

That would be cool, maybe he uses that move after Noivern is defeated to defeat Weavile!

I am excited and nervous at the same time, especially for Hawlucha, Noivern and Pikachu since if Talonflame doesn't fall, I think one of them will be the fall guy. I honestly root for it to be Noivern... sorry, but at least we can say none of Ash's pokemon had a straight up loss in this league, unlike the last two. Did torkoal ever get a win though??

starting to think this will happen:
Pikachu vs Tyranitar - pikachu recalled
Noivern vs Tyranitar - Noivern
Noivern vs Bisharp - Bisharp recalled
Noivern vs Weavile - Weavile
Hawlucha vs Weavile - Hawlucha
Hawlucha vs Metagross - Metagross
Talonflame vs Metagross Metagross recalled
Talonflame vs Unfezant - Unfezant
*** FIELD CHANGE ***
Pikachu vs Unfezant - Unfezant recalled
Pikachu vs Metagross - Pikachu
Pikachu vs Charizard - Immediate cliffhanger after quick attack lands.

Part 2:
Pikachu vs Charizard - CharizardPikachu lands one more hit and then faints / Charizard recalled
Goodra vs Unfezant - Goodra
Goodra vs Bisharp - Goodra!
Goodra vs Charizard - Charizard
Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Charizard ???????!!!!!!

Agree with that prediction for the most part. But I don't think Metagross is coming out until after the field changes. I'm inclined
to agree on Noivern being a fall guy, although I'd rather see him get a win than Talonflame. Also rooting for Hawlucha to get some redemption.
More than anything though, I want a good battle. And I think we're in for one here.

Also, Torkoal did get a win in the Hoenn League against Tyson's Shifty. Albiet, that was after being a fall guy for two straight battles against Katie and Morrison.

epicgordan

Metagross isn't gonna be called out until after the field change. The reason for this is because examining the initial preview when the clash between Talonflame and Unfezant creates a huge explosion, Metagross is nowhere to be seen in Alain's hud--Tyranitar, Weavile, Noivern, and Hawlucha would have already been defeated, while only Pikachu and Bisharp were summoned and subsequently recalled.

The likelihood is that Talonflame and Unfezant are gonna tie, a field change occurs, and then we get a cliffhanger between Pikachu and Metagross (and keep in mind, some footage of episode 35 was featured in the preview for episode 34 during the battle between Ash and Shota).

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
In before Bisharp has Guillotine

*Insert Godzilla nope meme*

Metagross isn't gonna be called out until after the field change. The reason for this is because examining the initial preview when the clash between Talonflame and Unfezant creates a huge explosion, Metagross is nowhere to be seen in Alain's hud--Tyranitar, Weavile, Noivern, and Hawlucha would have already been defeated, while only Pikachu and Bisharp were summoned and subsequently recalled.

The likelihood is that Talonflame and Unfezant are gonna tie, a field change occurs, and then we get a cliffhanger between Pikachu and Metagross (and keep in mind, some footage of episode 35 was featured in the preview for episode 34 during the battle between Ash and Shota).

I also expect Talonflame and Unfezant to tie. You also realize that Pikachu is fighting Charizard right? Pikachu could defeat Metagross (not saying it's likely, but still) and there can be a cliffhanger between Pikachu vs Charizard.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Looks more to me just like lighting giving an effect. There's sparks and crackles and stuff, so I really think it's just an effect of the attack. Personally, I'd actually be disappointed if Hawlucha suddenly learned a new move in battle. I've loved that this is, I think, the first region where Ash has never won a major battle because a new move was suddenly learned or an evolution kicked in mid-battle.

There's no way that's just a lighting affect. Night Slash and X-Scissor have never shown to have that affect and why would those moves colliding cause that, even though Hawlucha clearly isn't in the middle of using X-Scissor. So it's probably something that is happening because a move that hit Hawlucha or a new move from Hawlucha, or its Ability.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
There's no way that's just a lighting affect. Night Slash and X-Scissor have never shown to have that affect and why would those moves colliding cause that, even though Hawlucha clearly isn't in the middle of using X-Scissor. So it's probably something that is happening because a move that hit Hawlucha or a new move from Hawlucha, or its Ability.

I mean, it is still possible that we see a new move, but we'll see.

AuraKshatriya

Limber is pretty unlikely. Weavile would probably be freezing it before Paralyzing it (though if it does have Limber it would've been nice to see it activate against Clemont's Heliolisk back at the Lumiose Gym if it had attempted Thunder Wave on Hawlucha.)

And Unburden probably wouldn't activate without some very unique anime-only mechanic, given it's entirely dependent on Hawlucha having been holding an item to begin with.
Though now that I think about it, Hawlucha technically does have an item it can enter battle with and "lose" - his Forest Champion costume that Serena made. The Speed increase might've just not triggered against Slaking because it was stationary the whole time, so Hawlucha was never pressured to speed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.