1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewscott48209

andrewscott48209 Well-Known Member

You're not the only one. I noticed the desperation when Alain sent out Charizard, when he could have sent Bisharp out. If Bisharp could have connected with guillotine, Pikachu would be knocked out and Charizard would still be fresh to take Greninja on.

2. Nume-chan

Nume-chan Pokémon Breeder

A shame but Goodra is either losing or tying against Bisharp, the preview doesn't specify but it kinda hints towards one of these two outcomes.
    Goodra will activate Rain Dance, if he loses Bisharp may deal some damage to Greninja which will make things somewhat even since Charizard got damaged by Pikachu (not sure how badly however).
    It could also be a tie since when Charizard comes out again in the preview it is still raining, maybe Charizard and Greninja will be sent out after the tie between Goodra and Bisharp.
    Let's see how it goes.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  3. crimson_echidna

crimson_echidna Active Member

He's literally coasted his way through the League up to this point so I can imagine he probably didn't think Ash's other pokemon were going to be as tough as they are.

4. Everlasting

Everlasting Everything stays.

Would be pretty slick if Goodra dodged Bisharp's Guillotine the same way Bisharp dodged Hawlucha's attack. I would cackle cruelly at Alan seeing his Pokémon go down the same way Ash's Hawlucha went down. He's putting all his money on his overrated orange fire-breathing teddybear, I love it.

Ash setting up the rain for Charizard and Greninja's ultimate match is brilliant and I'm very excited to see how he's going to make use of it. Please don't make all of Ash's efforts go to waste.

The taste of Alan's demise is sweet. Excellent.

5. tonikranjc

tonikranjc Active Member

Why are all of you thinking Goodra will set rain for Greninja... I think that it will use Rain Dance to cure itself from paralysis and it will stay until Greninja/Charizard battle

6. Pokememes

Pokememes I am the pokémaster!

Or that being Ash's ace for 6 different regions means more?
    Tyranitar got beat pretty easily tbh but metagross was shown as being very strong and quick.

Still laughing at when people got mad at those thinking pikachu would beat both tyranitar and metagross called it

I'm guessing:
    Charizard will take out pikachu here, switch out,
    Goodra vs bisharp will end in a tie
    Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard = ??

Even if he loses, nice to see Ash battle competently and use various strategies during his two shown league matches. (A win would be better tho)

7. satoshigekkouga

satoshigekkouga Well-Known Member

For me, it's a 99.9999999% certainty that Ash is going to win. I know the writers are going to have us on the edge of our seats though, and that's the way it should be.

8. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

Pikachu is the spanner in the works when it comes to Alain's typical strategy. Based on how the last full battle with Remos, Alain's method is to use one of his powerful pseudolegendaries to wear down his opponents full team and thus weed out his or her strongest Pokémon (which is likely a Mega Evolution). When he reaches that strongest or is close enough to not worry about any possible setbacks, he dishes out to Charizard to finish the job (as making Mega Charizard X strong is his goal).

What he did not expect was that Pikachu is a lot tougher than he realizes. The mouse took out both of his powerhouses and is still standing despite all the beating it has taken. If it continues, then it might be possible for Alain to never reach Greninja at all. This forces him to call out Charizard to take out Pikachu to assure it wouldn't cause anymore trouble. But Pikachu manages to damage Charizard to an extent, meaning that Alain will have to defeat Goodra without losing Bisharp as a Greninja at full health and strength while Charizard has taken damage is not the best set up for Alain to determine who is the stronger of the two.

9. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

I don't think desperation is what caused him to send Charizard out. Rather, I think it's a calculated move; he's already lost two Pokemon to Pikachu and Pikachu has proven capable of getting back up against impossible odds, and he probably wants to avoid the possibility of losing his only other remaining Pokemon before finally taking Pikachu down. Better to send in the Pokemon he knows can get the job done than to gamble on the possibility that Bisharp can do the trick (especially since the Thunder Wave tactic that got Hawlucha would be useless against Pikachu), and save Bisharp for later to make sure that Charizard doesn't have to handle the rest of the fight by itself.

10. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Kind of hoping that Bisharp beats Goodra and inflicts a bit of damage on Greninja before going down. That way the final fight will be on even terms

11. Red Pheonix

Red Pheonix Well-Known Member

That Ash-Pikachu powered super-effective thunderbolt should take a nice amount of health of charizard.

I'm on the camp who thinks goodra will tie with Bisharp and Pikachu gets swept of by Chard X. Then greninja Vs Chard X.

12. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

Yeah, I really want that to happen too. That's what I'm ultimately hoping for in the end, regardless of the outcome.

13. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

It really wont make sense for goodra to straight up lose to bisharp. If pikachu took down two pseudo legendaries, goodra should be able to take down a weakened bisharp.

14. So Bisharps is gonna paralyze Goodra and we'll have a repeat of Ash vs Clemont.

Expecting a tie.

15. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I agree, I think it will be exactly like that and to show connection to the past battle. There is just no way they are going to have goodra go down like noivern. Its going to be a tie, so Charizard WILL go in against greninja with that thunder bolt on him.

16. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

I won't comment on sensibility, but in the preview it looks like Goodra is going to go down with Guillotine. Unless that's a different move I'm seeing being used against a scared-looking Goodra in that clip.

17. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

If Goodra is going down via Guillotine, this is what the scoreboard would like prior to the final matchup:

Ash
    Pikachu: 2 wins, damages Charizard
    Noivern: 0 wins
    Goodra: 0 wins
    Hawlucha: 1 win
    Talonflame: DKO
    Ash-Greninja: 1 win prior to final match

Alain
    Bisharp: 2 wins, damages Greninja
    Tyranitar: 0 wins
    Metagross: 0 wins
    Weavile: 1 win
    Unfezant: DKO
    Mega Charizard X: 1 win prior to final match

18. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I'm not sure if that is guillotine for one, and we dont know if it will for sure hit him. They wouldnt just straight up show the outcome in the preview.

19. Shooti

Shooti Uber Trainer

I am 90% sure Ash is going to win this now. I hope to proudly write "RIP status quo - Ash the League champion" in my signature (which is empty as of now) after this episode airs.

20. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

Goodra should at least tie. Otherwise it's return is very underwhelming and seems pointless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.