• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheld999

I didn't get what was going on with Hawlucha and all that heating up when getting hit by Weavile. Could someone explain that part of the battle to me?

its his ablity bulk up.

i think league will be a draw between the two a double Ko

Red and Blue

Three ties in a full battle would be crazy. I almost want it to happen

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
its his ablity bulk up.

i think league will be a draw between the two a double Ko

He pulled a swellow, nothing new.

Ash just figured out his rhythm, it has some follow up to Korrina, dancing, and dark hawlucha episode, doesn't really change he pulled a swellow though.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Ash literally can't try Bide "strategy" for Goodra against Bisharp and none of its actual offensive moves are doing major damage against Bisharp (its the near perfect checkmate for that match-up). Anyways predicting Pikachu KOd by Zard, Zard is then recalled for Bisharp after Goodra shows up, Bisharp KOs Goodra, gets finished by A-Greninja, Zard Megas it up and they fight,

sheld999

Pokemon has been really faithful to the fact that Pokemon only can know 4 moves at a time.

orange league . dragonite used 6 attacks

in another epsiode ash pokemon used 5 attacks

and so on sometimes they forget how many they used

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The 4 moveslot kinda started to be respected at DP and late advance, many instances before that contradict it.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
The 4 moveslot kinda started to be respected at DP and late advance, many instances before that contradict it.

Ding ding ding we have a winner here! In the old days the move rule didn't matter (which does make sense when looking at Pokémon, there's no real reason a Pokémon IRL couldn't know more) but ever since AG it's been limited to 4.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster

That's the exception that proves the rule. Drake's dragonite was meant to be overpowered so they gave it tons of different attacks, making it unusually versatile compared to most pokemon.

There have been a few anime pokemon that have more than four moves at a time like Ash's Snorlax and Stephan's Zebstraika, but generally they stick to four at a time and are probably down to sloppy writing.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Goodra does lose here. It has only gotten four wins overall (Grumpig, Tierno, Luxray, and Blue Flower Florges). I've rewatched the episode and Hawlucha did hit Bisharp with X-Scissor, but did not really damage it enough. Since this is the case, Goodra is really at a disadvantage. Will it be able to win? We'll have to see. The best Goodra can do now is another tie. The Bide strategy will eventually backfire.

I will admit, the old series was weird in terms of how many moves a Pokemon can make.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Kind of sucks that they brought GOODRA back for at best two ties and at worst 1 tie and 1 lost

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I heard about OP trainers, but that is just... What the hell?

This is sort of what happens when the anime tries to be unique. Sometimes they make things rigged and have a Pokemon make more than 4 moves to make the trainer OP.

Kind of sucks that they brought GOODRA back for at best two ties and at worst 1 tie and 1 lost

Yeah, it sucks. An extremely underwhelming showing since Ash decided to have Goodra re-join his team.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Goodra does lose here. It has only gotten four wins overall (Grumpig, Tierno, Luxray, and Blue Flower Florges). I've rewatched the episode and Hawlucha did hit Bisharp with X-Scissor, but did not really damage it enough. Since this is the case, Goodra is really at a disadvantage. Will it be able to win? We'll have to see. The best Goodra can do now is another tie. The Bide strategy will eventually backfire.

I will admit, the old series was weird in terms of how many moves a Pokemon can make.

I've got a theory about that actually. I think Alain is going to take advantage of Ash-Greninja's limited timespan and Ash's exhaustion. He'll probably plan to crush Ash's Goodra and Pikachu with Zard X, then force Greninja to use the last of its energy to take on Zard X so it can't battle Bisharp at all.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
With today's episode preview, I think I can make a sound judgement as what will happen.

Pikachu VS Charizard: Obviously, Alain wants Pikachu off the field and doesn't to risk losing Bisharp as well so he's at a huge disadvantage going into the final battle. Plus, Charizard's pretty bulky to take some big hits, so he'll likely pull and KO Pikachu fairly easily, considering the little guy's already battled two psuedos and beat them.

(Charizard recalled)

Goodra VS Bisharp: Sorry to those who want Goodra to win here, but I don't think it's happening based on the preview. He's likely either tying with or losing to Bisharp. We definitely see that Rain Dance has been set up, most likely to cure Goodra's paralysis from Bisharp's Thunder Wave. I honestly want Goodra to endure Guillotine long enough to blast Bisharp to a draw, but I'm a little concerned.

Greninja VS Charizard: Last battle that pulls out all the stops. No holds barred. I wouldn't be surprised if Charizard is pretty much okay by the time he Mega Evolves, same with Ash-Greninja. This is probably the most anticipated match of the saga because there are so many scenes that will be present here. The Dragon Claw/Cut clash, the incineration of the Double Team clones with Flamethrower, the Water Shuriken against a double Thunder Punch, and let's not forget the massive Water Shuriken which pays homage to the growth Ash and Greninja have endured up to this point. If they lose, it will be viewed as extremely poor in the eyes of many people, especially as so many other trends have been kicked aside in the past. This is Ash-Greninja perfected against Mega Charizard X, whom has yet to see just how capable he is.

Bottom line is that Ash will win. Period. There's no other way I can see it going. Even if there's some justification for Alain's chance of a victory, it still seems so stupid compared to Ash's. The kid's going to get kidnapped because he's a threat to Team Flare? If Alain won, he wouldn't be viewed as such. At least, not entirely.

Ash, this comes from a fan who gave up on you after DP ended with your defeat at the hands of Tobias and after the horrendous loss you suffered to Cameron. Please win. You have something to show the world. We're all looking at you now, kid. Don't hold back.

Status
Not open for further replies.