• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

Of course, I've been saying this entire time how this team is more like a family who picks each other up. When one person goes down, it motivates the others to carry them on their back and finish what they started. Hawlucha being motivated by Noivern's defeat is one way and Greninja taking advantage of Goodra's Rain Dance is another. Hopefully Goodra gets a good battle before falling though. As long as he puts up a fight I'll be fine.

Somehow, I expect Goodra to fall very quickly. Thunder Wave, Rain Dance, moves in for the kill with Guillotine. Of course, we could make use of Goodra's anatomy to dodge the attack maybe to put up some sort of fight. Guess we'll just have to see as we go. This week is going to be hell...

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Somehow, I expect Goodra to fall very quickly. Thunder Wave, Rain Dance, moves in for the kill with Guillotine. Of course, we could make use of Goodra's anatomy to dodge the attack maybe to put up some sort of fight. Guess we'll just have to see as we go. This week is going to be hell...

I'm looking more for a Thunder Wave, Rain Dance, new move from Bisharp, avoid, Dragon Pulse, Ash then calls Bide but Bisharp attacks with Guillotine at that moment.

Epicocity

I'm looking more for a Thunder Wave, Rain Dance, new move from Bisharp, avoid, Dragon Pulse, Ash then calls Bide but Bisharp attacks with Guillotine at that moment.

And down goes Goodra, leaving Greninja to mop up the first Pokemon he fought against after evolving. They're really fans of bookends this series, aren't they?

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
After the first preview and thinking about it further, I may as well make my prediction. Like I said, I'll make a prediction after the second preview if there is something interesting. Here is how I see this battle go:

Pikachu vs Charizard: Charizard Wins, but recalled
Goodra vs Bisharp: Bisharp Wins
Greninja vs Bisharp: Greninja Wins
Greninja (Ash-Greninja) vs Charizard (Mega Charizard X): I'm leaning towards Ash-Greninja giving Ash his first Pokemon League Title in career history. That bond is unstoppable.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Am I the only one who is going to party in some shape or form if Ash wins? It's a weird reason for sure, but some of us waited for 20 YEARS for this.

Amine

Am I the only one who is going to party in some shape or form if Ash wins? It's a weird reason for sure, but some of us waited for 20 YEARS for this.

I will cry or scream if he wins that's for sure. But I don't really have that high hopes for now, the writers have stopped Ash from winning for 20 years, nothing says they're gonna change their mind now.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I will cry or scream if he wins that's for sure. But I don't really have that high hopes for now, the writers have stopped Ash from winning for 20 years, nothing says they're gonna change their mind now.

If there arent going to be gyms any more or traditional leagues he HAS to win for his last chance.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I just saw the episode it was pretty good. If we indeed see the last of gyms in Sun&Moon Ash really needs to win right here. Honestly, I think Ash will win. Yes, there's always that chance the writers could have Ash lose, but I really think Ash will win. I can see it coming down to Charizard and Greninja.

Winner....Greninja!

I really hope Ash wins. It's been a long time coming.

Ash's Greninja is a BOSS! Alain's Charizard is a tank. I can't wait to see that battle.

Yosila

It really doesn't make any sense if Ash losses this time. Ash and Alan already battled in the past, but Ash always lost. So he must win now.

Nume-chan

Pokémon Breeder
As others already pointed out Ash's Pokémon are like a family, against Shota when Hawlucha was defeated by Slaking he did some significant damage against it, when Talonflame was battling Ash even said that Hawkucha's attacks would not be in vain.
If Goodra falls, which is very likely to happen, Ash will take advantage of Rain Dance one way or another, it will not be in vain.

Ajduk

There is no way, absolutely no way, that Ash will be the Kalos League champion the legitimate way (although the title is quite spoilerish)
Alain will kick the crap out of him. Ash will almost lose but team flare will interfere. Ash and Alain or whatever his name is fight off team flare, Alain is like ''omfg I'm so shocked, I had no idea that they were such scumbags, man do I feel stupid now'' and he will give Ash the victory because he feels bad.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
There is no way, absolutely no way, that Ash will be the Kalos League champion the legitimate way (although the title is quite spoilerish)
Alain will kick the crap out of him. Ash will almost lose but team flare will interfere. Ash and Alain or whatever his name is fight off team flare, Alain is like ''omfg I'm so shocked, I had no idea that they were such scumbags, man do I feel stupid now'' and he will give Ash the victory because he feels bad.

That literally seems like a cop-out from the writers, which is not only a bad decision, but those who enjoy the series will likely be angered from that. Ash was battling Alain on what seemed like even grounds last time, even it looked as if Alain could make a comeback and win.

It seems like you're underestimating Ash's prowess, and the fact that the character he's is unlike any other league rival so far in terms of his mentality.

Ajduk

That literally seems like a cop-out from the writers, which is not only a bad decision, but those who enjoy the series will likely be angered from that. Ash was battling Alain on what seemed like even grounds last time, even it looked as if Alain could make a comeback and win.

It seems like you're underestimating Ash's prowess, and the fact that the character he's is unlike any other league rival so far in terms of his mentality.

I don't know, I haven't been watching anime in a while but I do remember Ash as an incompetent, yet extremely lucky, fool. I can't see someone like that winning.
Also if Ash wins then the anime loses his purpose. His entire goal is to become the pokemon league champion, to be the very best. In order to keep on with the anime our main
character shouldn't be achieve that goal until the very end.
Then again, maybe to goal is to become the actual champion, like the elite 4 champion. Anime makes it seem like being this ''tournament league'' champion and the elite 4 champion
two very different things.

Akashin

It could go either way. Goodra falling to Guillotine because it got caught by it while going for a Bide sounds like it would make sense, but at the same time, so does the idea that Alain will try to replicate the Para-OHKO trick that got Hawlucha and have it fall flat because of Rain Dance and Hydration, forcing him to fight Goodra another way. I don't know, it just doesn't feel like the Ash that is fighting Alain would send Goodra against Bisharp knowing it has Guillotine and make a stupid move like that. But we'll see.

I don't know, I haven't been watching anime in a while but I do remember Ash as an incompetent, yet extremely lucky, fool. I can't see someone like that winning.
Also if Ash wins then the anime loses his purpose. His entire goal is to become the pokemon league champion, to be the very best. In order to keep on with the anime our main
Then again, maybe to goal is to become the actual champion, like the elite 4 champion. Anime makes it seem like being this ''tournament league'' champion and the elite 4 champion

First of all, claiming how much sense it makes for Ash to win without having watched the anime in a long time and having no idea where Ash is at skill-wise makes no sense whatsoever. Strictly in terms of skill, Ash has a very real shot of winning; he is on equal footing with Alain (perhaps coming out a little ahead; he was pretty consistently outsmarting Alain last episode, though Ash catching people off guard with on-the-fly planning is nothing new) as a trainer, and Greninja is more than a match for Charizard.

As far as not winning a League until the end, well, come Alola there won't be a League for him to win. So there's that. Granted Gyms could come back afterward, but for one we don't know what the future holds on that front, and that's still three-four years of Ash's goal of winning a League being on hold regardless.

Last edited:

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!

Apparently, you haven't seen how competent and quick thinking Ash can be in this series. If he wins, the anime doesn't lose his purpose. In fact, he has another challenge awaiting him in Alola, should he be the one to go to that region next.

Furthermore, while Alain is enjoying the match, that's all he's been focused on. Battling Ash. Ash is focused on winning the Kalos League with his team, never giving up until the very end. Losing here would not only disregard all that's been said for him in the past, but would completely shun fans away in terms of character development and such.

And besides, who needs a loss more? Ash, who went through a string of non-victories and other losses, even with Ash-Greninja at his disposal? Or Alain, someone who hasn't lost since battling Siebold of the Elite Four. And keep in mind, Greninja was able to keep up with Charizard the last time, but Ash was unable to hold out for any longer. The battle could've gone either way, but still.

Ajduk

Isn't this the same mega charizard who had fought the primal trio (and not die instantly) and who had defeated Malva? If Ash beats it than you can say Ash>elite 4 member Malva.
It is not that I don't want Ash to win but I just can't see how would that make sense. I just looked at all the battles that Alain had and that mega charizard x is a monster, probably one of the most powerful pokemon in the anime, and his feats are above what I know for ash greninja.
It was defeated once but it defeated almost every other mega evolution pokemon. Greninja lost to Avalug.

Last edited:

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Yeah, Ash shouldn't win the Kalos League because he was bad in Kanto.

That's literally the equivalent of what was just said.

EDIT: And this is the same Greninja that gave Diantha's Gardevoir the business...

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Isn't this the same mega charizard who had fought the primal trio (and not die instantly) and who had defeated Malva? If Ash beats it than you can say Ash>elite 4 member Malva.
It is not that I don't want Ash to win but I just can't see how would that make sense. I just looked at all the battles that Alain had and that mega charizard x is a monster, probably one of the most powerful pokemon in the anime, and his feats are above what I know for ash greninja.
It was defeated once but it defeated almost every other mega evolution pokemon. Greninja lost to Avalug.

Again, Ash-Greninja has been perfected since then. He's not going down easily either. He's already TWO Mega Evolutions that he had a DISADVANTAGE against. Look, I'm just gonna say it. I want this battle to utterly ruin Charizard and prove that he's not the greatest of all Pokémon like so many people say.

Aren't you sick of Charizard already? Despite how awesome he is sometimes, whether it be in the anime or the games, he's always there somehow, referenced and all. Guess who else deserves the same spotlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.