• We're currently experiencing a minor issue with our email system preventing emails for new registrations and verifications going out. We're currently working to fix this
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Im watching it live because I dont trust myself to not get spoiled and I want to discuss it right away

Garbodor.

Soniman and Arun S,

I am the opposite of you guys :D I deliberately want to be spoiled. As soon as I get a confirmation Ash will win I will jump to watch it. If there is a tie etc I will still watch it, but if there is a loss, there is 90% chance I wont ever watch it. However, I was almost willing to watch this episode live, this is because I am 99% sure he will win.

Franckie

I'd like to see Ash take advantage of Goodra's Rain Dance. It lessens the power of Charizard's flames and antes Greninja's water attacks, not to mention counteracts Bisharp's Thunder Wave (via Hydration). I got to say though I'm surprised to find myself hyped for an episode. It's been a long, long time since I've felt this way.

Litleonid

The more I think, the more I realize it just makes a whole lot more sense for Ash to win it all. It honestly would be terrible writing to make him lose again. Come on, Ash! We know you can take down Mega Charizard X!

Red and Blue

So this is basically the most important episode of XY. The biggest moment of Ash's life at this point

Azyria

you and 95% of people, i read the posts you made the other day, and they didn't make sense. because this who XY and XY&Z series Ash as mentally changed from a 10 year old to a 15 year old. in black and white he wasn't even 10 in my mind he was younger because they made him so much dumber. also with all the storylines they have had so far it wouldn't make sense for him to lose, also with the upcoming story where he is kidnapped if i was team flair i wouldn't kidnap somebody who loses, i'd kidnap somebody who wins and i'd try to study the pokemon and that's what's probably going to happen

The more I think, the more I realize it just makes a whole lot more sense for Ash to win it all. It honestly would be terrible writing to make him lose again. Come on, Ash! We know you can take down Mega Charizard X!

satopi

Go’s Scyther is indestriketible! <3
Anyone else super scared on what the outcome will be? :(

That is, our Lord Goodra is struggling...

Humor is the only thing that's helping me cope with what we have in store tomorrow.

Satoshi & Touko

Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland
So this is basically the most important episode of XY. The biggest moment of Ash's life at this point
Of XY? More like the most important episode in all 930+ there are. Just my opinion though...

Maybe is not the best place to ask for it but where i can see it live and around what time?
We're not allowed to say, as said a few posts above. Sorry :(

Litleonid

We're not allowed to provide links to streams or anything actually.

Anyone else super scared on what the outcome will be
Part of me is still scared that the writers were just trolling us and getting out hopes up, but I have faith in Ash and Greninja.

neopets21

you and 95% of people, i read the posts you made the other day, and they didn't make sense. because this who XY and XY&Z series Ash as mentally changed from a 10 year old to a 15 year old. in black and white he wasn't even 10 in my mind he was younger because they made him so much dumber. also with all the storylines they have had so far it wouldn't make sense for him to lose, also with the upcoming story where he is kidnapped if i was team flair i wouldn't kidnap somebody who loses, i'd kidnap somebody who wins and i'd try to study the pokemon and that's what's probably going to happen
You shouldn't say that "in black and white he wasn't even 10 in my mind" because he can be ten and be dumb or be ten and be a genius, he can also be smart without having a "fifteen years old mentality".
Also, DP storylines could be used as evidence that Ash would win Sinnoh League, but in the end Tobias still happened and I don't think Team Flare is interested in studying any Pokémon besides Zygarde, Mega Evolutions and possibly Ash-Greninja; maybe Team Flare thought that Alain would still be by their side and so they assumed it would only make sense to kidnap Ash, to avoid creating more enemies or maybe they tried to kidnap both Alain and Ash, but only Ash was captured. There's too many scenarios where Ash could be kidnapped without winning the league, so while you could use that as an evidence, it doesn't guarantee that Ash will win.

Satoshi & Touko

Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland
Anyone else super scared on what the outcome will be? :(

That is, our Lord Goodra is struggling...

Humor is the only thing that's helping me cope with what we have in store tomorrow.
Not scared, just mega antsy. I would only be scared if I had any kind of investment or stake in the outcome.

Actually I kinda do, but whatever.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
It was terrible to make him lose in Kanto. I remember being 10 years old with a total broken heart, after following the show and games for a whole year, it seemed so terrible to make him lose, especially only because of his disobedient Charizard. Why the writers force Ash to lose every single championship except Orange Islands is beyond me. Seems so cruel to disappoint millions of children for no reason. But hopefully they'll break the mold this time

Litleonid

There's kind of a big difference from DP and XY. Before Tobias showed up, there was some evidence to Ash winning, like all the hints of the Elite Four were giving. We knew he would eventually over come Paul, but the second Tobias showed up, we knew it was all over. This is the finals though and Alain isn't some last minute character added obviously to beat Ash. He's like Paul. The rival that has existed long before the league and has posed as an obstacle for Ash a few times.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Well this episode better be light's out if it wants to meet the expectation of "the most important episode in the anime"... but a light's out episode in this league? Who we kidding here.

Status
Not open for further replies.