• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Can't wait for Ash to win so we can put these ridiculous status quo arguments to rest. The narrative is very, very obvious.
Even if Ash wins, that doesn't guarantee he won't simply continue travelling to Alola.

At the moment there is no time for a Champion League arc unless the S/M anime series gets delayed a little until Ash can complete his challenge.

Xuxuba

Game N and Anime N have different situation
Which brings me to the question why you even brought Game N up at all.

I mean, we were talking about the anime and how the anime had characters who learned a lesson without losing a battle, yet you started using a game character as an example of how the anime only has characters who learns things through battles. That makes absolutely no sense.

And from a story perspective, a character like Alain or game N suffers a defeat that challenges their original viewpoint before it is revealed that the viewpoint given to them was a farce by the villainous mentor.
Not necessarily.

If Alain realizes that his mentor was evil and then discovers that his philosophy is ineffective, it comes off as haphazardly disjointed and unnaturally written.
You seem to not understand that i agree with you that Ash beating Alain would be a great way to teach Alain a lesson, although i'm pretty sure the concept of "greatest way for him to learn that" is completely subjective. The thing is: just because we want this to happen, just because we think this is the best way for Alain to learn his lesson, it doesn't mean by any chance there isn't another way this might end, because there is.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
please she's probably already sewing up his champion outfit

..and looking forward to a second trophy to use alongside the OI League trophy for muscle gain ;)

But nah, seriously as risky as it is to say this, what with half the community probably preparing their weapons of choice to slaughter me as I do so, I can honestly admit that I don't want Ash to win this league.. I just don't..

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
..and looking forward to a second trophy to use alongside the OI League trophy for muscle gain ;)

But nah, seriously as risky as it is to say this, what with half the community probably preparing their weapons of choice to slaughter me as I do so, I can honestly admit that I don't want Ash to win this league.. I just don't..

Is there any reason why or just to be contrarian and against the majority?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Is there any reason why or just to be contrarian and against the majority?

Mainly due to the fact we've hardly seen Ash do anything in this league thus far, which is disappointing in itself because only seeing two of his battles in their entirety is going to suck.. but also because he's turned his back on the reserves that played a huge role in him reaching this point in his life. The Sinnoh league had it all right until the Tobias meltdown, bringing together everything that Ash had learned and all the Pokemon he acquired over his entire journey to give him his greatest league placement to that date. That's the way a victory should've been handled in my opinion and they could've done that so easily now!!

I just can't help but dislike it. Sorry but if they're going to show a character finally become a league champion after 20 years, then I want to see it done properly..

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Mainly due to the fact we've hardly seen Ash do anything in this league thus far, which is disappointing in itself because only seeing two of his battles in their entirety is going to suck.. but also because he's turned his back on the reserves that played a huge role in him reaching this point in his life. The Sinnoh league had it all right until the Tobias meltdown, bringing together everything that Ash had learned and all the Pokemon he acquired over his entire journey to give him his greatest league placement to that date. That's the way a victory should've been handled in my opinion and they could've done that so easily now!!

I just can't help but dislike it. Sorry but if they're going to show a character finally become a league champion after 20 years, then I want to see it done properly..

But you could also go on the other side and say that it would be disrespectful to the kalos team if he just ignored what has been his best regional team overall so far and then just use reserves.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
But you could also go on the other side and say that it would be disrespectful to the kalos team if he just ignored what has been his best regional team overall so far and then just use reserves.

I think his Sinnoh team is his best one so far. Each Pokemon had a lot of growth and he had to overcome his greatest rival yet just to make it as far as he did.

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer
I think his Sinnoh team is his best one so far. Each Pokemon had a lot of growth and he had to overcome his greatest rival yet just to make it as far as he did.

Agreed, I just wish Buizel had evolved against Drapion in the battle with Paul. Would have made the battle that bit more epic.
And, obviously losing to Tobias could have been taken out or at least make it happen in the Top 2 and have Infernape used against Entei (like the opening shows).

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax

What makes any of us know what it means to do it properly, I don't see a single one of us that has written a hit show especially one that's last 20 plus years. Now does that mean I disagree with your opinion no I would of love to see Ash use his reserves especially if he is going to win it all. But lets not kid are self the reason for that is slowly because we as older fans connect with the older Pokemon he caught and thus want to see them again. It has nothing to do with tactics if it did the team he has now is fine we just want more out of are show cause lets face as fans (me and everyone included) we will never be pleased but don't think for a second that means the show is wrong with what there doing cause its not it would not have lasted this long if it was.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Even if Ash wins, that doesn't guarantee he won't simply continue travelling to Alola.

At the moment there is no time for a Champion League arc unless the S/M anime series gets delayed a little until Ash can complete his challenge.

That's actually one of the reasons why I'm no so certain Ash will win, or if he does win, it will possibly be due to outside interference, thus delegitimizing his win, eventually causing him to voluntarily forfeit his trophy. There just isn't enough time for a Champions League, or even a decent Elite Four competition before Sun/Moon come out unless the Sun/Moon animé is "delayed". From what I hear, there will be only 6-7 episodes left before Sun and Moon come out when the Team Flare arc ends. At least two of those episodes will likely be goodbye episodes for the traveling companions, one for Clemont and Bonnie, another for Serena, with at least one being a Pallet Town episode. And even if Serena does go with Ash, there will probably be an episode where Serena makes that decision and ends up refusing Palermo's offer. Another episode will probably be Ash hearing about Alola, though that could fit in any of the others. That leaves only three or four episodes for Ash to have an Elite Four competition (two if Ash hearing about Alola is its own episode), and I'm not sure that that is enough to do such a competition justice.

That's actually one of the reasons why I'm no so certain Ash will win, or if he does win, it will possibly be due to outside interference, thus delegitimizing his win, eventually causing him to voluntarily forfeit his trophy. There just isn't enough time for a Champions League, or even a decent Elite Four competition before Sun/Moon come out unless the Sun/Moon animé is "delayed". From what I hear, there will be only 6-7 episodes left before Sun and Moon come out when the Team Flare arc ends. At least two of those episodes will likely be goodbye episodes for the traveling companions, one for Clemont and Bonnie, another for Serena, with at least one being a Pallet Town episode. And even if Serena does go with Ash, there will probably be an episode where Serena makes that decision and ends up refusing Palermo's offer. Another episode will probably be Ash hearing about Alola, though that could fit in any of the others. That leaves only three or four episodes for Ash to have an Elite Four competition (two if Ash hearing about Alola is its own episode), and I'm not sure that that is enough to do such a competition justice.

Two episodes is enough if he loses to the first one.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
If the guy who doesn't give the tinyest s*** about the league were to win, it would be a huge kick in the chest for Ash. Winning does Alain no good.

And then there's Lysandre who's seemingly revealing his plans early on so rematch with doesn't seem too likely.

Just imagine how anticlimactic it would be for Ash to lose after all that hype.

Colton S

Beware Bewear
I can understand people saying that people don't want him winning because it feels incomplete, but it will never be the right time. Even with reserves, he can't bring all of his Pokemon back. There will always be some factor that makes people not want Ash to win. If Ash wins, he wins. There'll be other leagues where his other Pokemon can shine. That being said, I would love for Ash to win. 6 different leagues is more than enough time. :)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Wait... best team based on what exactly? Most of the team hasn't even had enough battles to properly gauge anything and personalities are still quite lacking... Talonflame and Hawlucha haven't seen too much battle usage outside of gyms, Noivern hasn't even done much of anything, Goodra has all of what... 5 battles to his name total? That literally leaves you with Pikachu and Greninja as the only consistent battlers who have more then enough usage to warrant their strength.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Ash wins, people are salty. Alain wins, people are salty. You will never please the fan base.

Nah the majority are definitely not salty if ash wins, the only people that are the ones that think ash cant win a league without old pokemon for some reason.

satoshigekkouga

Definitely don't disagree with you there. I think that even if(when lbr) Ash wins, he'll probably be doing much the same as he always has in Alola - getting badges or symbols to compete in some sort of championship. I guess it just annoys me that people keep saying that because Ash has lost every other league he will continue to lose every league he participates in.

Last edited:
Nah the majority are definitely not salty if ash wins, the only people that are the ones that think ash cant win a league without old pokemon for some reason.

That's not reason. The reason is that Ash is winning this lackluster league.

JCW18

Go, Explotaro!
If the guy who doesn't give the tinyest s*** about the league were to win, it would be a huge kick in the chest for Ash. Winning does Alain no good.

And then there's Lysandre who's seemingly revealing his plans early on so rematch with doesn't seem too likely.

Just imagine how anticlimactic it would be for Ash to lose after all that hype.

Exactly what I've been saying all along. Ash, after all the hype, finally makes it to the finals and then loses to a guy who doesn't even care about becoming the Kalos Champion?

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.