• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewscott48209

7 episodes for the Kalos league just like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh leagues, not bad at all.

But I wonder, is 7 episodes the limit? why can't they do more? they broke the pattern with Unova League but for worse, only 5 episodes + filler, it's still strange why can't they do more than 7 episodes for a league.

Not much a limit, more of a goal the writers like to aim for, probably to keep the arc from going stale.

crimson_echidna

Once more, we don't even know what makes a person a Pokemon Master.

"Pokemon Master" is an intentionally vague goal that isn't meant to be outright achieved. It's almost like how what "One Piece" actually is has yet to be actually explained.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So this is possibly where Greninja would fight Charizard once again. Both have shown to be powerhouses by sweeping their opponents. I expect Alain to come up on top though.

Blazerz

So this is possibly where Greninja would fight Charizard once again. Both have shown to be powerhouses by sweeping their opponents. I expect Alain to come up on top though.

Nah, Alain beated him enough times. It's time for Ash to show him how to lose and finnaly win a league.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Nah, Alain beated him enough times. It's time for Ash to show him how to lose and finnaly win a league.

You can never defeat someone enough times. Alain can win as many times as writers see fit. Ash doesn't have to win the league if the writers chooses to not let him him. I am not changing my opinion on Alain winning.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
You can never defeat someone enough times. Alain can win as many times as writers see fit. Ash doesn't have to win the league if the writers chooses to not let him him. I am not changing my opinion on Alain winning.

That's fine. If Ash wins, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Can't believe it took me this long to realize that...

Anyways, until we get more context on this, I can't make a solid prediction on what Pokémon Alain would use, much less determine the battle scenario.

I want Ash to win here, but we'll have to wait and see.

Torterraaaa

I feel like Ash will almost certainly defeat Alain, but whether in the League or during the TF arc is hard to say. If he defeats him before the TF arc, the tension may be less. But I really don't want Ash to lose either. I'm kind of hoping the fight does get interrupted, if it's the only alternative to him losing.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I feel like Ash will almost certainly defeat Alain, but whether in the League or during the TF arc is hard to say. If he defeats him before the TF arc, the tension may be less. But I really don't want him to lose either. I'm kind of hoping the fight does get interrupted, if it's the only alternative to him losing.

Not on Alain's side. He isn't strong enough to protect the things that matter. Then Alain pulls a Riku and realizes the error of his ways.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I feel like Ash will almost certainly defeat Alain, but whether in the League or during the TF arc is hard to say. If he defeats him before the TF arc, the tension may be less. But I really don't want him to lose either. I'm kind of hoping the fight does get interrupted, if it's the only alternative to him losing.

To me, the real tension is not whether or not Ash could defeat Alain and his Mega Charizard X, but rather whether or not Alain would realize that he's been played. The most dangerous aspects about Alain are his misguided belief about power and his obliviousness to Team Flare's true colors. He is passionate to his mission, and thus dangerous if he's on the wrong side. But make no mistake, Alain is not a classical villain. He's an antagonist but at his worst, he's just an anti-villain trying believing he is doing good instead of harm. Simply defeating Alain in the Team Flare conflict will not be enough. He can be defeated but never learn his lesson. In order for Alain's character arc to come full circle and for Ash to truly defeat him is to show him the truth of Team Flare. And if successful, Alain will switch sides. No need for a grudge battle.

I stated this before. If Alain were to lose, he might take the wrong lesson from the loss and become convinced he is not strong enough, thus falling deeper into Team Flare's dark influence and taking more villainous actions (like kidnapping Squishy). Then Ash has to show him what he had failed to learn. Alain winning the League does not really accomplish anything other than making him a more formidable challenge to Ash in the Team Flare conflict. But given what we know already, Ash doesn't really need to challenge Alain into another battle if Alain is simply misguided. He needs to simply show what Team Flare really is and that will be easy given that Lysandre won't need Alain anymore.

Epicocity

To me, the real tension is not whether or not Ash could defeat Alain and his Mega Charizard X, but rather whether or not Alain would realize that he's been played. The most dangerous aspects about Alain are his misguided belief about power and his obliviousness to Team Flare's true colors. He is passionate to his mission, and thus dangerous if he's on the wrong side. But make no mistake, Alain is not a classical villain. He's an antagonist but at his worst, he's just an anti-villain trying believing he is doing good instead of harm. Simply defeating Alain in the Team Flare conflict will not be enough. He can be defeated but never learn his lesson. In order for Alain's character arc to come full circle and for Ash to truly defeat him is to show him the truth of Team Flare. And if successful, Alain will switch sides. No need for a grudge battle.

I stated this before. If Alain were to lose, he might take the wrong lesson from the loss and become convinced he is not strong enough, thus falling deeper into Team Flare's dark influence and taking more villainous actions (like kidnapping Squishy). Then Ash has to show him what he had failed to learn. Alain winning the League does not really accomplish anything other than making him a more formidable challenge to Ash in the Team Flare conflict. But given what we know already, Ash doesn't really need to challenge Alain into another battle if Alain is simply misguided. He needs to simply show what Team Flare really is and that will be easy given that Lysandre won't need Alain anymore.

But wouldn't Alain winning in the League simply cement in his head that his idea of strength is correct? More than that, from a story standpoint, what purpose does Alain have in winning the League? It's not like he cares. I honestly see that Alain losing to Ash in the League would start a catalyst for him to change for the better, personally.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
But wouldn't Alain winning in the League simply cement in his head that his idea of strength is correct? More than that, from a story standpoint, what purpose does Alain have in winning the League? It's not like he cares. I honestly see that Alain losing to Ash in the League would start a catalyst for him to change for the better, personally.

It can go either way. Either it's the start of Alain's redemption or it's the slippery slope of Alain's descent to antagonism before his little realization. I'm just using the slippery slope scenario to describe how Alain losing could actually increase tension instead of reducing it.

While winning the League would cement his idea of strength, it really doesn't do a whole lot. The reason? Alain has been on a winning streak and he doesn't have a fierce enough rivalry with Ash on ideological terms to prove anything (unlike say, Paul vs Ash). If he defeats Ash, the only thing he'll get is a worthy opponent to battle but just another victory in a long line of victories. But if he loses to Ash, he might have to ponder about his first loss and Team Flare could easily pressure him into not accepting the defeat (as it would imply weakness). To me, I see more benefits of Alain losing than I do with Alain winning.

andrewscott48209

It can go either way. Either it's the start of Alain's redemption or it's the slippery slope of Alain's descent to antagonism before his little realization. I'm just using the slippery slope scenario to describe how Alain losing could actually increase tension instead of reducing it.

While winning the League would cement his idea of strength, it really doesn't do a whole lot. The reason? Alain has been on a winning streak and he doesn't have a fierce enough rivalry with Ash on ideological terms to prove anything (unlike say, Paul vs Ash). If he defeats Ash, the only thing he'll get is a worthy opponent to battle but just another victory in a long line of victories. But if he loses to Ash, he might have to ponder about his first loss and Team Flare could easily pressure him into not accepting the defeat (as it would imply weakness). To me, I see more benefits of Alain losing than I do with Alain winning.

I was thinking the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.