• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Also, Charizard being the Pokemon's episode again sounds a little repetitive. I mean, he was the Pokemon of a few episodes ago, and now again. OK, the first one could have been Trevor's Charizard and this could be clearly Alain's Charizard. But even so, I would like to wish for a miracle and hope for Ash's Charizard to appear here too, somehow. I would like to see Ash's reserve Pokemon at least once this Generation.

Mega-X Vs Ash's Charizard would be glorious. Sadly doesn't seem like it's in the offing...

Captain America X

This league was rushed, plain and nothing but a mere race of rival revenge. Like everyone else in the world is a bunch of noobs. So realistic.
If Ash is going to win, there's no sense of accomplishment. Winning with a team with terrible typing balance and a broken plot armor greninja with no struggle. Bad writing at the finest. Does the writers never learn? And then wonder why the bad audiences.

Just because they decided to not focus on a bunch of random trainers that does not mean said trainers were noobs.

Also I don't see how bad type balance equals bad writing,that seems more like you not getting the pokemon you wanted on Ash's team so you don't like it.Also Ash Greninja having no struggle?It lost five 1v1 battles because it was not fully controlled,that is considered a struggle you know.

Last edited:

Akashin

Also I don't see how bad type balance equals bad writing that seems more like you not getting the pokemon you wanted on Ash's team.Also Ash Greninja having no struggle?It lost five 1v1 battles because it was not fully controlled,that is considered a struggle you know.

And this is still a Pokemon he trained from scratch as a Froakie (whatever experience Froakie had prior to being caught notwithstanding, anyway), too. It's not like it was handed to him on a silver platter a la Togekiss or Dragonite.

Goodra was far more 'handed to him' than Ash Greninja was.

And this is still a Pokemon he trained from scratch as a Froakie (whatever experience Froakie had prior to being caught notwithstanding, anyway), too. It's not like it was handed to him on a silver platter a la Togekiss or Dragonite.

Didn't Goomy literally fall out the sky? And it evolved with such little effort, unlike Ash-Greninja, which required mastery of the form.

Captain America X

Agreed.If we're complaining about Pokemon who were handed than Goodra is the one that deserves it the most this gen,mostly because the arc was pretty rushed(personally would have had Ash catch him prior to the 3rd gym and releae him after the 6th gym)

Meanwhile Greninja was with Ash from the start of the series,had a decent amount of battles prior to it's new form and even when it received it's new form it still lost 5 battles and needed an episode dedicated to him finally completing it's new form.Pretty well done overall.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Wow. Ash will actually win the league after 20 years...

No he won't, my cousin who knows a person who knows a person who works at GF told me so. >.>

Akashin

Didn't Goomy literally fall out the sky? And it evolved with such little effort, unlike Ash-Greninja, which required mastery of the form.

Something like that. Either way, it went from a crybaby Goomy to a Goodra that by all accounts was too strong to make most of his remaining Gym run a realistic challenge (I don't necessarily believe that, but that Goodra was more or less League-ready by that point seems to be true) in the span of ten episodes. Contrast that with Greninja who grew over a span of just shy of one hundred episodes, and even after becoming Greninja it took another twenty or so to reach the point they're at now (twenty or so episodes that were basically the Greninja show at that, moreso than Goomy's arc was its show I'd say).

Granted, even before mastering Ash Greninja they were a massive powerhouse that could almost draw against Alain anyway, but that was probably too much of a double-edged sword to rely on heavily.

Navin

MALDREAD
Called it months ago that the Tyranitar from that promo image belonged to Alain. Goddread is real. Normally I wouldn't mind Weavile, but it has appeared twice already recently, so they could have given him something else.

I don't know if Ash will win. The fact that he always wins against his main rival, which they have seemed to portray Alain, at the league suggests he has a chance.

Hopefully they'll begin this battle during the last several minutes of episode 36, so we can get as long of a battle as possible.

sheld999

So far all of Alan's Pokemon are from different generations so it'd be cool if his remaining Mons were from Unova and Kalos. I propose Braviary for an epic bird fight with Talonflame.

Also I hope Goodra beats Tyranitar by removing Sand Stream with Rain Dance

what if he has a gen 7 Pokemon ?

XxlapsxX

Waiting for a victory, nothing else, IMO that would be the Best conclusión, since this league has been rushed this much

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
MegaCharizardX - Fire/Dragon
Tyranitar - Rock/Dark
Metagross - Steel/Psychic
Weavile - Dark/Ice

Oh Ash, this is a bad time to be packing a bunch of Flying and Dragon types..

sheld999

Having bond so strong with your Pokemon maybe he unlocked mega evolving 2 Pokemon

well its only one per battle. and that will be like a tabioas thing. but since we saw that trainer from movie 2 in the league who knows maybe the writers will get that device and turn it similar so alian can cheat using more megas per battle

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Cough.. Sinnoh League Victors.. And we know how that went.

That was the dub name for the season 13. Nothing from the writers themselves. Here we have the official episode name from the writer. This is a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.