• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardonX

Banned
I should just stop

Give this man a medal.

But seriously in 2016 you're going to have to put forth far more effort than that to fool people with a photoshop. And the presentation leaves much to be desired as well.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If you want to post funny images that shouldn't be taken seriously, at least try to make the joke clear instead of baiting people into thinking it's legit with no more explanation whatsoever...and without using links to other places.

That's not to say, Alain's legs getting cut off by the Giant Orange Water Shuriken could be a swell idea of punishing him for his misguided goals.

Anyhow! I wish to see Ash win a league for once and rub it in on Serena to make it clear his temper tantrum before did make him different than her losses.

I see it now! Once Ash wins the league Serena will realize that Ash can teach her more than Palermo ever could so she follows him.

jk lol idc if she leaves or not

Breeloom

Speaking of English masterpieces. I would freakin die if they played this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtnhJhMOg1E
Hoenn League Parallel completed

But seriously, Mezase or Type: Wild would be awesome to bring back.

Due to Alain most likely having one Pokémon from each region, I think they'll play the best song for each region's Pokémon that Alain uses, for example they'll play this during Pikachu-Metagross, and the original Pokémon theme song for Greninja-Charizard.

Red and Blue

It's possible that he won't have a Pokemon from each Gen and the fact that his current known four are is just a coincidence. Just throwing that out therd

ShadowForce720

It's possible that he won't have a Pokemon from each Gen and the fact that his current known four are is just a coincidence. Just throwing that out therd

Well in regards to your question, it is technically possible for that too happen, although people said the same thing about the idea of half of Sawyer's team being composed of Hoenn pokemon while the other half is composed of Kalos pokemon, and we saw how that wound up turning out. So I think chances are that he is probably going to have a pokemon from each gen.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

that's true, it would be one heck of a concept to do though since this is the only chance the writers would have to pull it off, once gen 7 comes out it's no longer possible.

Herdheaven

Does anyone find it a bit odd that if Ash does win Greninja would get the final hit. I can't imagine Ash winning and Pikachu not getting the last hit in. It's only fitting that Ash's first Pokemon would win his first league. That's why I still have my doubts of Ash winning as much as everyone wants him too.

andrewscott48209

Does anyone find it a bit odd that if Ash does win Greninja would get the final hit. I can't imagine Ash winning and Pikachu not getting the last hit in. It's only fitting that Ash's first Pokemon would win his first league. That's why I still have my doubts of Ash winning as much as everyone wants him too.

I don't mind Greninja getting the final hit in against Charizard. Technically, Greninja was the first Pokemon Ash caught in Kalos.

Rohanator

If Ash was using reserves I would agree, but since the Kalos league is clearly the Kalos team's time to shine it makes sense for the first Kalos Mon to win it for Ash. It's not like this would be the end for Ash's struggles, he won't become a Pokemon master just by winning one league. When the time comes for him to truly achieve his dream, THAT's when it should be none other than Pikachu delivering the final blow.

I hope Greninja wins the Kalos league and Alola's quest is treated as a Champion league type deal, it'll work out perfectly since the Z-move Gigavolt Havoc will justify Pikachu defeating the final opponent even Ash Greninja couldn't beat.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash-Greninja has enough power that is almost equal to mega evolution or maybe higher. Pikachu may not last long against Mega Charizard due to half it's attack being not effective. I think Greninja winning makes sense since it has lost to Charizard before and needs to redeem itself in this match.

SoundVoltex

I can't imagine Mezase Pokemon Master as the final OST in the final battle to be honest. It just doesn't seem like a battle-esque song. I really hope Type: Wild makes a reappearance. That OST really helped set the mood on the final stretch of Infernape vs Electivire.

ManishB15

I don't think the OST from previous generations will be used. Remember that XY(Z) has zero continuity references.

Axl-fox

Generic Cave Bat
I can't imagine Mezase Pokemon Master as the final OST in the final battle to be honest. It just doesn't seem like a battle-esque song. I really hope Type: Wild makes a reappearance. That OST really helped set the mood on the final stretch of Infernape vs Electivire.

You...You know they could make always make a more battle-esqued remix for it right? mezase has like 6 or 7 remixes, 1 more for old time's sake wouldnt hurt lol.

Now Type Wild... well, its good but its kind of an outdated song, (It'd rather have them use Volt tbh) ofc it could also get a remix too but it would be more meaningful if they used mesaze instead.

(just watch as we speculate about old songs that could be used in the final match but it ends up being XY&Z theme instead again)

Last edited:

SoundVoltex

You...You know they could make always make a more battle-esqued remix for it right? mezase has like 6 or 7 remixes, 1 more for old time's sake wouldnt hurt lol.

Now Type Wild... well, its good but its kind of an outdated song, (It'd rather have them use Volt tbh) ofc it could also get a remix too but it would be more meaningful if they used mesaze instead.

(just watch as we speculate about old songs that could be used in the final match but it ends up being XY&Z theme instead again)
Yeah, I mean they did do it with Gible vs Dusknoir, but it really felt lack luster. You're right about Type: Wild though. I hope they really do do something to appeal to the nostalgics in a lot of us though.

I don't think the OST from previous generations will be used. Remember that XY(Z) has zero continuity references.

One would think people would get tired of the XYZ theme, but I guess it's working. Here's to hoping for that Pikachu and nostlagic factor win.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I miss the days Burning Battlefield was used.

I miss that track as well; that and the Kanto Trainer Battle Remix version. Those were my two favorite themes along with "Epic Battle! Who's Stronger?" I'd love to have any of those three tracks play in this episode, especially for the Ash-Greninja vs. Mega Charizard X battle.

T-Moar

Resident Genwunner
Yeah I don't know why we got some kind of "fairy" (really don't know how else to describe, and by fairy I mean literally fairy, like pixies music, or that lighthearted, fantasy type music) music that came off more like it was for Sawyer than Ash.

But I don't know music at all.

> I don't know how else to describe it
> immediately followed by two other descriptions of it

diakyu

Last week we had Team Rocket saying he might actually win this one, and before that we had Ash saying he contemplated calling Oak to use reserves. Where is this "zero continuity" thing coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.