• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

Could be worse. Try "Satoshi-Gekkouga vs Mega-Lizardon X! The Decisive Battle!" And then have Ash lose...

That wouldn't be as bad because, technically, that means the battle could go either way. It could go for Greninja or Charizard. And victory isn't even mentioned. In this case it mentions victory and Ash in the same title.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
That wouldn't be as bad because, technically, that means the battle could go either way. It could go for Greninja or Charizard. And victory isn't even mentioned. In this case it mentions victory and Ash in the same title.

I mean, saying decisive implies it's their last battle between them and since Greninja has never won it would only make sense that he wins... But, I understand what you mean by how there's no victory in there as well.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Could be worse. Try "Satoshi-Gekkouga vs Mega-Lizardon X! The Decisive Battle!" And then have Ash lose...

That's way less trollish and honestly fits the other titles of ash losing episodes. This literally says kalos league victory and it being ash's ultimate match. Is he really going to lose his ultimate match?

Vipsoccermaster

Let's just say, even if that list of upcoming episode titles are real, this is going to finish after Sun/Moon launches. So no, they're definitely not real and the writers surely want to air an episode or two to promote Sun/Moon.

Epicocity

That's way less trollish and honestly fits the other titles of ash losing episodes. This literally says kalos league victory and it being ash's ultimate match. Is he really going to lose his ultimate match?

Some have it as "Ultimate Decisive Match", which just nails it in further. But yes, you said exactly what I was trying to say.

Amine

Well at least I think Ash-Greninja will either defeat or maybe draw with MCX but not lose to him. So It's still possible for Alain to win if he leaves one or two pokemon not shown.

NitroLightningFlash

So Pikachu looks like he gets two wins again since he seems to be battling Metagross in a scan and people say he's battling Tyranitar somehow (did i miss something there?) and gets to face Charizard too? I'm not complaining, since Pikachu is technically Ash's main Pokemon so i'm not suprised. Seems like the writers want to make it up for Pikachu's lack of doing much for the last half of X and Y series (i'm joking hehe xD).

That means somebody in Ash's team will be the 'fall guy' here then right? If Pikachu gets two wins against both Tyranitar and Metagross (though he could be simply recalled i guess, even though he wasn't recalled against Sawyer until after he beat Clawitzer and Aegislash) and Ash Greninja beats Charizard, (which i think he will because of the title, and because this looks like it is the last region (at least for the Sun and Moon saga) with gym battles in, it makes sense for Ash to win this League.

That leaves three other wins, and i think Goodra will get a win (otherwise it would be a underwhelming long anticipated '6th team member' imo), Noivern still needs a clear win in this League (i don't count the draw against Salamence since they both went down together and Goodra did the exact same thing against Slurpuff so they're both in the same boat here), and i think Hawlucha will get a win here too since he has the advantage against a few of Alain's Pokemon, and due to the fact he lost to Sawyer's Slaking not getting a win last time.

So i think the fall guy may be Talonflame here (he could stand to get a loss here anyway imo since Noivern still hasn't got a clear win in the League and wasn't in any gym battles at all). Of course, both Goodra and Noivern could of got wins in one of Ash's earlier battles, but since we never got to see much of them, it's not clear if they have got wins yet or not...

I think Charizard will be saved until last for some reason.

Amine

So Pikachu looks like he gets two wins again since he seems to be battling Metagross in a scan and people say he's battling Tyranitar somehow (did i miss something there?) and gets to face Charizard too? I'm not complaining, since Pikachu is technically Ash's main Pokemon so i'm not suprised. Seems like the writers want to make it up for Pikachu's lack of doing much for the last half of X and Y series (i'm joking hehe xD).

That means somebody in Ash's team will be the 'fall guy' here then right? If Pikachu gets two wins against both Tyranitar and Metagross (though he could be simply recalled i guess, even though he wasn't recalled against Sawyer until after he beat Clawitzer and Aegislash) and Ash Greninja beats Charizard, (which i think he will because of the title, and because this looks like it is the last region (at least for the Sun and Moon saga) with gym battles in, it makes sense for Ash to win this League.

That leaves three other wins, and i think Goodra will get a win (otherwise it would be a underwhelming long anticipated '6th team member' imo), Noivern still needs a clear win in this League (i don't count the draw against Salamence since they both went down together and Goodra did the exact same thing against Slurpuff so they're both in the same boat here), and i think Hawlucha will get a win here too since he has the advantage against a few of Alain's Pokemon, and due to the fact he lost to Sawyer's Slaking not getting a win last time.

So i think the fall guy may be Talonflame here (he could stand to get a loss here anyway imo since Noivern still hasn't got a clear win in the League and wasn't in any gym battles at all). Of course, both Goodra and Noivern could of got wins in one of Ash's earlier battles, but since we never got to see much of them, it's not clear if they have got wins yet or not...

I think Charizard will be saved until last for some reason.
For pikachu vs tyranitar, there is a famous picture in which we see tyranitar mouth open attacking pikachu, then there two other pictures where he faces Metagross and Charizard.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
So apparently some titles were leaked on a fb page or something like that and it looks kinda interesting.. Looks pretty fake to me but I'll be more than happy if it's legit.

XY&Z 40 - Flare Gang’s Success! Alain & Lysandre!
XY&Z 41 - Zygarde’s Perfection! Ash-Greninja VS. Mega Gyarados!
XY&Z 42 - Preparation for Mastery!
XY&Z 43 - The Big Four! Ash’s Steps Towards Pokémon Master! Part 1
XY&Z 44 - The Big Four! Ash’s Steps Towards Pokémon Master! Part 2
XY&Z 45 - The Big Four! Ash’s Steps Towards Pokémon Master! Part 3
XY&Z 46 - The Big Four! Ash’s Steps Towards Pokémon Master! Part 4
XY&Z 47 - Ash VS Champion Diantha! Master in the Making Part 1
XY&Z 48 - Ash VS Champion Diantha! Master in the Making Part 2
XY&Z 49 - Lumiose City Ceremony! Shaping the Future of Kalos!
XY&Z 50 - Farewell Friends, and a Confession of Love?!
XY&Z 51 - From Kalos to Kanto! A Reunion of Pokémon Mastery!
XY&Z 52 - Ash & Serena’s Curtain Call! The Future is Now!

While I do think that Ash is gonna fight against Diantha as the final battle, I do not think, that he'll fights every E4 member and win against each one.

The thing that automatically almost deconfirm this is the time between now and November 24th (the date when the SM anime will probably start).

After XYZ43, there are only 7 weeks left before the typical week gap between XY and SM. So it can't happen except they're doing two weeks with two episodes, but that's very unlikely.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
No it wouldn't. It is clearly someone's wishlist of the final episodes. We get the real episodes later.

Wow you CLEARLY must be fun at parties....

Still think Alain's team is not as strong as people think. I can see his Charizard being OP and everything else being meh

Let's just say, even if that list of upcoming episode titles are real, this is going to finish after Sun/Moon launches. So no, they're definitely not real and the writers surely want to air an episode or two to promote Sun/Moon.

That does not mean anything. They S&M could actually start a bit later. Heck we have not even got anything for it. R&S anime aired a few day's after NOV 18th and got info in July. For all we know the S&M series could be movies only or not happen till 2017

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
The thing that automatically almost deconfirm this is the time between now and November 24th (the date when the SM anime will probably start).
Pretty sure that the thing that almost deconfirms this is the blatant fanwanking in form of Amourshipping confession being featured in the titles, Ash and Serena being featured in the final title (i mean please) and the Elite 4 battles happening consecutively, all one episode each.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Pretty sure that the thing that almost deconfirms this is the blatant fanwanking in form of Amourshipping confession being featured in the titles, Ash and Serena being featured in the final title (i mean please) and the Elite 4 battles happening consecutively, all one episode each.

More-or-less my thoughts exactly. I also don't think they'd do that whole "Part 1/2/3/4" for episodes anyway.

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
When I saw those titles on fb last night, I was like. "Yeah, those can't be real."

As for this episode, I also think Ash will win based on the title.

Hopeoftheflame

I agree, it would be a horrible move. Cue pitchforks if it is a troll title.

Troll titles? I only recently got back into the anime and it has been sporadic at best with xy and xyz. Can someone explain the troll title thing to me?

As for his match I really want Ash to win (after all its the 20th anniversary give the poor boy a league title other than the Orange Islands). I also don't think they would cut short the final match, looking at other tornuments in anime YuYu Hakusho with the Dark Saga and Naruto tornuments are either completed and then the bad guys attack or the are interupted during the semi finals. I could be wrong but that is normaly how the trope goes.

Epicocity

Troll titles? I only recently got back into the anime and it has been sporadic at best with xy and xyz. Can someone explain the troll title thing to me?

As for his match I really want Ash to win (after all its the 20th anniversary give the poor boy a league title other than the Orange Islands). I also don't think they would cut short the final match, looking at other tornuments in anime YuYu Hakusho with the Dark Saga and Naruto tornuments are either completed and then the bad guys attack or the are interupted during the semi finals. I could be wrong but that is normaly how the trope goes.

Numerous troll titles for the Japanese episodes have been present in XY.

XY059: "Ash and Serena's First Date?!" where everyone thought they'd go on a date...and it was...just incredibly one-sided.
XYZ 12: "Ash and Serena, Catch One at the Dance Party!" where everyone thought Ash and Serena would dance...but they didn't.
XYZ 32: "Mega Charizard Showdown! X vs. Y!" where everyone (or most, rather) thought there would be this epic showdown between the two Mega Charizards...only for Y to get oneshotted.

So, people are fearing that having "League victory" and "Ash" in the same title would be trolling should Alain win instead. Usually, these things aren't present in dub titles since they just try to make whimsical puns.

Hopeoftheflame

Numerous troll titles for the Japanese episodes have been present in XY.

XY059: "Ash and Serena's First Date?!" where everyone thought they'd go on a date...and it was...just incredibly one-sided.
XYZ 12: "Ash and Serena, Catch One at the Dance Party!" where everyone thought Ash and Serena would dance...but they didn't.
XYZ 32: "Mega Charizard Showdown! X vs. Y!" where everyone (or most, rather) thought there would be this epic showdown between the two Mega Charizards...only for Y to get oneshotted.

So, people are fearing that having "League victory" and "Ash" in the same title would be trolling should Alain win instead. Usually, these things aren't present in dub titles since they just try to make whimsical puns.

Ah the dreaded shipping titles. I have noticed that. I can understand the fear of those troll titles. Have there been many troll titles that actually deal with battling?

Status
Not open for further replies.