• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janovy

Banned
Well, with all this build-up concerning Ash's ultimate team it would be anti-climactic if Ash lost.

But the very least I hope Alain barely wins.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
Well, with all this build-up concerning Ash's ultimate team it would be anti-climactic if Ash lost.

But the very least I hope Alain barely wins.

I'm fine with either of these, too. I'm here for the battles and raw strategies!!!

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I really hope that this finally means that Ash will end up winning here.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
I think Alain is going to have another floating/capable of flying Pokemon to have an aerial battle against Ash's Talonflame or Noivern. Mega Charizard X is pretty much tied to Ash-Greninja already, so I hope he has Golurk, Hydreigon, or Braviary as Unova representatives and/or whoever from Kalos (strong feeling it is Dragalge, though).

tonikranjc

I could see a pokemon with Sand Rush/Veil/Force because of Tyranitar's Sand Stream and some water type like Gyarados

tonikranjc

I think that Ash will lose in this episode and Alain will win the League, but he won't be as interested in the trophies and all, he will just leave. If that happens I hope that one episode in TF Arc will be Ash vs Alain one final time with Ash Greninja beating Mega Charizard. Or if Ash wins the League, Alain quickly realises that Lysandre's plans will destroy the world and turns his back on him helping Ash and the others stop him.

K.N.

Not sure what to think. It's weird to think Ash would win a league without calling in reserves, but there's going to be like, 2 months left over before S/M comes out even after they're done with the Flare stuff, which might be enough to squeeze in an E4 arc of some kind.

Hmm.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Not sure what to think. It's weird to think Ash would win a league without calling in reserves, but there's going to be like, 2 months left over even after they're done with the Flare stuff, which might be enough to squeeze in an E4 arc of some kind.

Hmm.

2 months might be a reach, more like 6-7 episodes or so. Depending on when SM startts exactly and if there are breaks.

PortugueseLynx

This league was rushed, plain and nothing but a mere race of rival revenge. Like everyone else in the world is a bunch of noobs. So realistic.
If Ash is going to win, there's no sense of accomplishment. Winning with a team with terrible typing balance and a broken plot armor greninja with no struggle. Bad writing at the finest. Does the writers never learn? And then wonder why the bad audiences.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
At least people can stop talking about how the battle will be interrupted now, since the league is not happening at Prism Tower it's probably safe to say that post conclusion of their battle the attack will happen.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Cough.. Sinnoh League Victors.. And we know how that went.

If a league having a bad start is all it takes for you to be unable to enjoy Ash finally winning one then I have nothing else to say on that, especially when we don't know how good the full battles will be, Alan is a super strong opponent anyway. I don't understand the mind set, but to each their own.

Ash wasn't just "given" a fully evolved team or Ash Greninja, he evolved every Mon himself and he worked to master the special form. May I recommend a nice rewatch?

The point being that in order to get to the Semifinals, one needs to beat 12 pokémon (four rounds of 3vs3 battles). Which by any league-standard is barely anything really. We've seen Ash beat just two pokémon, both in one hit, and he's rushed into the semifinals. That makes his position in this entire league feel incredibly undeserved when looking at what he had to go through in the previous regions to even fail to get to this round. Top8 in Hoenn felt incredibly deserved as Ash fought against many trainers, we saw the battles in full and he had to partake in THREE full battles. In a very large way, that position will feel more deserved than a potential win, but likely runner-up here.

Just saying that Ash is just strong this series doesn't make that less of a problem. It's like skipping Gym 6, 7 and 8, because Ash was already a beast during Gym 5: "He's strong enough, we don't need to see him in the remaining gym battles."

Maybe a Stoutland, his Metagross will also benefit from Sand Stream.

That or an Excadrill or Gigalith. Stunfisk also gets Sand Veil.. but yeah not Alan's type of critter, looking at his current four. I kinda want him with an Archeops.

GenI: Charizard
GenII: Tyranitar
GenIII: Metagross
GenIV: Weavile
GenV: Excadrill/Archeops
GenVI: Dragalge

2 months might be a reach, more like 6-7 episodes or so. Depending on when SM startts exactly and if there are breaks.

Lets look at a pessimistic scenario: Six episodes.

1. ?
2. ?
3. Filler
4. Goodbye Clemont/Bonnie
5. Goodbye Serena
6. Pallet Town?

There's no time left really..

Status
Not open for further replies.