• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epicocity

Actually I am open minded because I said that both Ash and Alain deserve to win. However, I think it is unfair that Alain should be treated as someone who automatically loses.

Open-minded would mean that you would listen to the other side's arguments and understand them, see them for what they are, not just saying both deserve to win. That says nothing.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Open-minded would mean that you would listen to the other side's arguments and understand them, see them for what they are, not just saying both deserve to win. That says nothing.

I have been listening to what others say. But why should I change my opinions, speculations and belief because others want me to?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Btw, Charizard's return was pretty obvious.
This time Ash's win isn't obvius, just it is likely that Alain will loose, but we don't know if, maybe Lysandre promised to give Alain something if he wins the league, so he could gain something.

Well, there is a good difference between pessimism and denial. It is fine to be pessimistic and to believe that Ash won't win, but it isn't fine to disregard what other say about Ash potentially winning. Everything has been set up for his victory.

Two previous losses and three's a charm? Check.
Cold rival that doesn't care about weaker opponents and that needs a lesson? Check.
Skewed mentality too focused on power and only power? Check.
Mega Charizard X and Ash-Greninja being evenly matched before the latter lost focus? Check.
Alain being able to hold his own against an Elite Four and Ash being able to compete with a Champion? Check.

Really, the clues are there. And yes, we don't have any confirmation (yet), but everything points strongly toward Ash winning. There could be a troll move, but do we really want it to happen? It wouldn't make any sense plot-wise and character-wise, and if it happens... well, then I can later say that they screwed things up very badly.

Blazerz

Alexander i want you to respond to this. Don't ignore facts that you cant deny, also don't deny the facts because YOU think are invalid towards your opinion.

That's the thing. Sure, we can analyze a show written by adults...but it's still for children. What's better to teach children?

It's okay to push your friends away! Be a douche to everyone you meet that isn't good enough for you and you'll get far! Strength is all that matters! (Alain)

OR

Work together with your friends. Have a common purpose and a goal and push forward together. (Ash)

Obviously the latter is better to teach to children.

EDIT: Disaster_Lord, your last post cracked me up because it's so true on the Erza front...

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Alexander i want you to respond to this. Don't ignore facts that you cant deny, also don't deny the facts because YOU think are invalid towards your opinion.

Ash winning is not a fact. It is speculation. Why should I believe this league should be any different to the other leagues? Sure there is a chance he can win but it is not guaranteed.

Blazerz

Ash winning is not a fact. It is speculation. Why should I believe this league should be any different to the other leagues? Sure there is a chance he can win but it is not guaranteed.

I wanted you to respond to what Epicocity said in my last quote and i was talking about facts as facts that lean towards an Ash victory.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Then at least provide arguments from your side, otherwise you come out as a rude guy that disregards everyone else well thought out arguments, the proceeds to post ad nauseum three lines of "This is my opinion" often accompanied by small remarks of "your opinion is less valid than mine(unless a fansite confirms it)".

You aren't making a discussion in a forum based around the concept of discussing around the Pokémon franchise, you are just blurting out your opinions and expect people to agree with them, otherwise they are against you, or against that character.

DracoMaster121

Strategy Trainer

It's already shown to be different since he's made it Top 2. Previous leagues didn't involve mega evolution and synchro evolution either.

Mirto

Well, there is a good difference between pessimism and denial. It is fine to be pessimistic and to believe that Ash won't win, but it isn't fine to disregard what other say about Ash potentially winning. Everything has been set up for his victory.

Two previous losses and three's a charm? Check.
Cold rival that doesn't care about weaker opponents and that needs a lesson? Check.
Skewed mentality too focused on power and only power? Check.
Mega Charizard X and Ash-Greninja being evenly matched before the latter lost focus? Check.
Alain being able to hold his own against an Elite Four and Ash being able to compete with a Champion? Check.

Really, the clues are there. And yes, we don't have any confirmation (yet), but everything points strongly toward Ash winning. There could be a troll move, but do we really want it to happen? It wouldn't make any sense plot-wise and character-wise, and if it happens... well, then I can later say that they screwed things up very badly.

That's the point everyone support (me too). Makes sense? Yes :) Is it a guarantee, no :(

Alexander18 has Asperger, and it looks severe, by stubborn logic, Alain should win (status quo, Ash beating his main rival, then losing to "league" rival, Alain's OP team, Ash never winning a no-Orange league). And I had a friend with severe Asperger who long ago had an looooooong argue with a churchman because they had different religions, nobody gave up. Last 3 pages looked like that.

AAAAND, if Alains wins, it wouldn't be the first time the writters screw things up :(

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Look, lets just end this debate. Obviously none of us is changing our opinions so we should respect each other's choice of what to believe. If Ash wins, then that be great and I won't have any more doubts about for future leagues. If he doesn't, then at least he gave it his all and score a higher place than Sinnoh.

I have been listening to what others say. But why should I change my opinions, speculations and belief because others want me to?

Not because they want you to, but because you should at least consider their opinion before bringing out your Alain worship card and ignoring their points, you literally try to argue facts with opinion and use generally baseless arguments and pass them off as if they're worth something.

Ash may not be confirmed to win, but at least his supported actually form comprehensive arguments for it and not 'Alain is strong IMO lol'

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Not because they want you to, but because you should at least consider their opinion before bringing out your Alain worship card and ignoring their points, you literally try to argue facts with opinion and use generally baseless arguments and pass them off as if they're worth something.

Ash may not be confirmed to win, but at least his supported actually form comprehensive arguments for it and not 'Alain is strong IMO lol'

I don't worship Alain and please don't assume stuff about me. As I said above, I want the debate over now. Ash does have a possibility of winning and so does Alain. If Ash wins then I won't say another word about it or future leagues.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
That's the point everyone support (me too). Makes sense? Yes :) Is it a guarantee, no :(

Alexander18 has Asperger, and it looks severe, by stubborn logic, Alain should win (status quo, Ash beating his main rival, then losing to "league" rival, Alain's OP team, Ash never winning a no-Orange league). And I had a friend with severe Asperger who long ago had an looooooong argue with a churchman because they had different religions, nobody gave up. Last 3 pages looked like that.

I had a student with Asperger, and it was hard to teach her some new elements after some previous knowledge was fossilized on her, by no means a bad person but it was hard for me to control my group from antagonizing her after something obvious was explained and she refused to catch on, as a teacher I wasn't prepared to deal with someone with extreme disability to follow social cues and unable to accept other elements than the one's she was used to.

This doesn't justify killing the concept of discussion on a discussion forum nor that my student had to be pampered or handed grades given her inability to accept knowledge constructs and thus using a wring method for wrong results on tests, I get the fact that you can't create a hazardous environment towards the person with a different learning need, but disregarding social cues on its own leaves to extreme isolation of the individual in question, and disregarding knowledge on favor of your own preconceptions deals more damage than good.

There is no happy ending here, she passed her tests after 3 months of intensive teaching by using an almost pavlovian approach to her creating new knowledge, but the damage she dealt to her social interactions out of her own stubbornness and unwillingness to accept other people's rules in the playground was heart wrenching.

Still this is a forum, discussion is the rule and we can't ignore that.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
While I would be surprised if Ash wins the end (still think he will lose) I don't really let the whole Ash having more heroic morals and Pokemon's 20th anniversary skew my opinions into thinking Ash has a roughly 90% chance of winning. There is still the Team Flare arc to worry about and there is no telling whether the writers will have Team Flare interrupt the league to set up for the episode that follows this one (it is the one where Team Flare begins their attack on Luminose City).

I don't worship Alain and please don't assume stuff about me. As I said above, I want the debate over now. Ash does have a possibility of winning and so does Alain. If Ash wins then I won't say another word about it or future leagues.

If you looked at he time stamps, you'd see the post was being written before you'd even posted your request for the end of the debate. But it's online, if you put something out,mpeople are going to keep responding.

Also, it's the Internet, literally all we on the forum know about eachother is logical assumptions unless otherwise specified, and you obviously have an Alain bias even if you don't identify it as such for yourself.

crimson_echidna

The easiest way to end a debate is to just, you know, not respond instead of trying to get the last word in.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
While I would be surprised if Ash wins the end (still think he will lose) I don't really let the whole Ash having more heroic morals and Pokemon's 20th anniversary skew my opinions into thinking Ash has a roughly 90% chance of winning. There is still the Team Flare arc to worry about and there is no telling whether the writers will have Team Flare interrupt the league to set up for the episode that follows this one (it is the one where Team Flare begins their attack on Luminose City).

Except the title says kalos league victory....meaning there is someone for sure that wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.