• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain America X

Am I just watching it wrong, because it doesn't look like Zard felt any lasting damage from those attacks at all

That final attack sent him backwards and laying on the floor for a fe seconds while A-Greninja barely budged.

The only time A-G struggled was prior to unleashing his form since it was taking time.Other than that they were both equal in power.

Last edited by a moderator:

Epicocity

Am I just watching it wrong, because it doesn't look like Zard felt any lasting damage from those attacks at all

Well, if we're talking like scratches or something, that's hardly a great judge since scratches seem to be rather inconsistent. But he did drive him to the ground with almost minimal effort. At the very least, we can assume it was a decent blow from the way Alain cried out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
5:31 to 5:40, Charizard has received a heavy blow showing that Greninja is capable of dealing some serious damage.

If Ash hadn't lost control and Greninja managed to deliver another blow, it may as well have been his victory.
He gets up quite easily once Ash begins to lose consciousness

Akashin

M-Charizard X wasn't even damaged enough during Greninja's attacks. It looked like Greninja was just bouncing and pushing him down, which the dragon was able to recover quickly before the frog became living bait.

He was just staggering him, not injuring him.

No, he definitely injured him at the end. This more or less makes sense though; prior to mastering Ash Greninja, Greninja lacked any really powerful attacks, so it's not terribly surprising that nothing Ash Greninja did truly knocked the wind out of Charizard. But couple the fact the Ash Greninja did harm it with the fact that Charizard was almost wholly on the defensive from the moment Greninja transformed, and add to that the fact that Ash Greninja has only gotten stronger (and evidently will get even stronger) since, and I'm not sure what difference it makes.

Janovy

Banned
He gets up quite easily once Ash begins to lose consciousness
Yeah, that's because it was given time to stand up. Ideally, Ash would continue to barrage it with attacks and deal more damage.

The point is, Greninja dealt visible damage to Charizard, it didn't just lay on the ground because it felt like it might be fun to do so.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Pretty sure that was underhanded tactic by the writers/producers rather than a testament of Alain's lack of strength or single Pokemon god level strength.

I highly doubt any one trainer can have basically Elite four strength Pokemon in ONE Pokemon, and other Pokemon be so much weaker that they can be beaten by your slightly average trainer.

Sawyer's Mega Sceptile beating Alain's Weavile? Does that really make sense?

It literally makes no sense that Alain would have this super powerful Pokemon but everything else is "meh" it makes Alain's character and rivalry with Ash that much worse. I'd rather have a relatively balanced team battling against Ash, rather than "meh" Pokemon scaled up to GOD Level Charizard.

It's also why I loathe that there were weak competitors within the Kalos league to begin with.

No matter how I look at it, its just not justified. Alain could've used his other non special Pokemon against Remo to at least make it look like Ash stood a chance.

So then the question is, why not just get Charizard vs Greninja out of the way first. Why would Alain waste his time with any other battle? It makes no sense that with everyone else, Alain uses his strongest to win, but with Ash he uses his "unrealistically" weak Pokemon to build up to his strongest.

He only used Metang against Ash for the sole purpose of because he was asked to (well not specifically but Greninja was unable to battle at that particular moment, so he had no choice but to use other Pokemon).

That's true. But keep in mind that this is a full battle. Alain wants to fight Ash at full force, so he'll be utilizing his other Pokémon aside from Charizard in order to bring Ash to using Greninja. Seeing as how Greninja was utilized as the last Pokémon in the Ash V. Sawyer battle, I'd assume Alain would think the same way. Therefore, there's no point to putting him up against Ash's other Pokémon.

Now yes, the battle with Remo is another piece of evidence as to how he could sweep with just Charizard, but again, Alain WANTS to battle against Ash and ONLY Ash. There's no reason for him to waste time on other trainers while searching for the battle he's been longing for, which he'll finally get and then some...

Navin

MALDREAD
Hope they play another song other than XY&Z. As much as I love the song, it has been the literally the go-to theme for every single hype match in this arc.

Type: Wild or Johto Victory Battle Theme would be amazing.

Janovy

Banned
Hope they play another song other than XY&Z. As much as I love the song, it has been the literally the go-to theme for every single hype match in this arc.

Type: Wild was already used for Infernape vs Electivire so it would be kinda weird haha.

They should play this haha. No real reason other than me liking how it sounds.

TheHumanPokedex

If they played Type Wild i would reach a new level of happy. When they played during Ash vs Paul sinnoh league the hype was real, for me at least. Its a favorite of mine

Soniman

Break the Limit
They're not gonna use any pre-BW song because IDK they just decided to do that for some reason

I think it would be acceptable enough if they used Volt for the final match theme, fitting as its the first XY theme (and if they want to be extra sappy use the Rica version but id prefer the Yuuske version)

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
They're not gonna use any pre-BW song because IDK they just decided to do that for some reason

I think it would be acceptable enough if they used Volt for the final match theme, fitting as its the first XY theme (and if they want to be extra sappy use the Rica version but id prefer the Yuuske version)

Please no. That song is just not hype enough for the "Ultimate Match."

Navin

MALDREAD
I think it fits the bill nicely, if I got hype when it played during Luacrio/Pikachu Im sure it can be used well here.

At least its not KiraKira lmao

If they have to play a song from this series, then might as well stick with XY&Z since it's by far the best and most hypeworthy. I'm just thinking it would cool to have something different that's also epic.

Soniman

Break the Limit
The blew their XYZ card with the last episode so to have it again with the finals wouldnt invoke the same hype level imo, I think it would be cool and unexpected and sort of bring everything "full circle" if they used Volt

If they have to play a song from this series, then might as well stick with XY&Z since it's by far the best and most hypeworthy. I'm just thinking it would cool to have something different that's also epic.
Maybe the song that will be used at the start of Mega Charizard VS Ash-Greninja is that remix of XY&Z from episode #28 & #32, then it'll switch to a nostalgic opening theme song when the match is about to finish.

Navin

MALDREAD
The blew their XYZ card with the last episode so to have it again with the finals wouldnt invoke the same hype level imo, I think it would be cool and unexpected and sort of bring everything "full circle" if they used Volt

Save it for the goodbye episode. They need to pull something dramatic here. Most likely it'll be XY&Z again, but I would love if something like Type: Wild or Spurt or some instrumental was played instead.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored

Volt is probably it. (or Mega Volt)

As you said, XY&Z has already been used against Sawyer, it'd be too repetitive to use it again in this episode.

Although, XY&Z is basically Ash-Greninja's theme song (the movie remix is named "Ash-Greninja is on the scene") so it might not be surprising to hear it AGAIN.

Mezase Pokémon Master should be the ultimate song for the culmination of 20 years of traditional Pokémon League tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.