• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I kind of hoped before last week's episode that for Greninja VS Sceptile we'd hear the XY&Z remix in full and for the Greninja VS Charizard battle they'd play the full original version, including all the lyrics. The latter could still happen, I guess, seeing as they haven't really done it that way for a while (well yes they had the final chorus but that's a little different to what I'm saying).

It's not like they haven't been repetitive with insert songs in the past, there was a period of time in early XY where it felt like Volt was played every second episode.

dman_dustin

I kind of hoped before last week's episode that for Greninja VS Sceptile we'd hear the XY&Z remix in full

Yeah I don't know why we got some kind of "fairy" (really don't know how else to describe, and by fairy I mean literally fairy, like pixies music, or that lighthearted, fantasy type music) music that came off more like it was for Sawyer than Ash.

But I don't know music at all.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Yeah I don't know why we got some kind of "fairy" (really don't know how else to describe, and by fairy I mean literally fairy, like pixies music, or that lighthearted, fantasy type music) music that came off more like it was for Sawyer than Ash.

But I don't know music at all.

You mean that part in the golden field/at the start of the battle? They played XY&Z in full after that finished but only had the lyrics in the final chorus. It's the second part that I thought would be different. First part was fine for me.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
You mean that part in the golden field/at the start of the battle? They played XY&Z in full after that finished but only had the lyrics in the final chorus. It's the second part that I thought would be different. First part was fine for me.

That's part of the "vs. Gym Leader's Last Pokémon!" BGM from Best Wishes.

Speaking of which I want my damn BW/XY OST, wonder how much we'll have to wait. They're probably reusing some of them for the S/M series

Johtohfiller

Save it for the goodbye episode. They need to pull something dramatic here. Most likely it'll be XY&Z again, but I would love if something like Type: Wild or Spurt or some instrumental was played instead.

Type: Wild is my #1 pick. Mezase would be good too for historical reasons, though I'm wondering if they might do a new version of it next year for the anniversary.

DotKU

Champion
The blew their XYZ card with the last episode so to have it again with the finals wouldnt invoke the same hype level imo, I think it would be cool and unexpected and sort of bring everything "full circle" if they used Volt

I mean they could always have a remix, either the existing one or new, version of XYZ playing for this one

Axl-fox

Generic Cave Bat
To me it does make sense in a way but you cant go by that logic.

Well it IS kinda Ash's last chance to win a traditional league if Alola doesnt have any of those, it would be a huge letdown for him to move onto a new system when he couldnt even win once in the old one.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Ash win the kalos league because in Alola there are not gym leaders or elite four

Wait is the island challenge thing all there is in the next region?

EvanUn0

To be honest, I have almost no doubt in my mind that XY&Z will be played during Ash-Greninja Vs. Megazard X. Does anyone know if the movie version of it is any different? If it were up to me, I'd love to hear songs like Spurt! added into the mix (But I know that when BW came along, they stopped using music from the last 4 gens).

Axl-fox

Generic Cave Bat
I also agree that Mezase Pokemon Master should play during Greninja vs Zard X battle, I mean what other way could they possibly make this battle outdo the hype that was Greninja vs Megaceptile otherwise?

Epicocity

To be honest, I have almost no doubt in my mind that XY&Z will be played during Ash-Greninja Vs. Megazard X. Does anyone know if the movie version of it is any different? If it were up to me, I'd love to hear songs like Spurt! added into the mix (But I know that when BW came along, they stopped using music from the last 4 gens).

I agree. From what I heard of the movie version, it sounds almost the exact same but with some trumpets thrown in. This "remix" everyone seems to want looks to be a track on the movie soundtrack, but there's no vocals or anything. It actually seemed...relatively boring. In any case, they can still use XY&Z for the final battle and have it be different by maybe using the full song with vocals all the way through. We've yet to have that. (Also, "too close"? Didn't stop them from using it within a time span of 7 episodes 4 times more or less...)

XY&Z seems to be Ash and Greninja's song these days...or just Ash's.

EvanUn0

I agree. From what I heard of the movie version, it sounds almost the exact same but with some trumpets thrown in. This "remix" everyone seems to want looks to be a track on the movie soundtrack, but there's no vocals or anything. It actually seemed...relatively boring. In any case, they can still use XY&Z for the final battle and have it be different by maybe using the full song with vocals all the way through. We've yet to have that. (Also, "too close"? Didn't stop them from using it within a time span of 7 episodes 4 times more or less...)

XY&Z seems to be Ash and Greninja's song these days...or just Ash's.

Ah ok! Thanks for the response! Tbh, XY&Z is one of my favorite Pokemon songs, so I'm not even mad with how often they're using it, but I can understand if people don't like it. =P

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
They already used Type:Wild as a "final showdown" music, so it would feel redundant to do it again. Spurt could work, but I think it's too "flashy", if you know what I mean. Mezase Pokemon Master is the one I probably want the most, as it will be a good way to end off this league. I would also be fine with OK! or Rival, but that seems really random. Just please no more XYZ, it sounds really dull due to overusing it.

Edit: If they end up using an instrumental remix of Type:Wild, that would be amazing. In fact that one wins my vote by a long shot.

diakyu

When I think battle songs Mezase Pokemon master is near the bottom of the list. It'll be XY&Z and we all know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.