• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So either three and half things will happen.

1. Alain wins
1b. Ash wins
BUT immediately after winning Team Flare attacks.

2. Team Flare ties with Ash (Yeah I'm leaving my idiotic moronic stupid mistake in). ALAIN and Ash tie and the immediately Team Flare Attacks.

3. Right before a conclusion occurs Team Flare attacks.

Granted those are the only possibilities but one thing that is certain, THERE will likely be no time to celebrate a victory.

it says a conclusion happens. Meaning one of them will win.

dman_dustin

it says a conclusion happens. Meaning one of them will win.

Conclusion just means the battle ends NOT HOW the battle ends.

Obviously a massive explosion that takes out half of Lumiose City will conclude the fight unless somehow you expect two people to continue battling after such a hypothetical event.

Unless somehow conclusion means resolved conflict but it doesn't the basic definition is: the end or finish of an event or process

However Kalos League Victory in the title might imply a favorable outcome to ONE of the trainers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was misleading and trying to hype it up MORE than stating a specific outcome.

Edit: But maybe the summary stating "who will win Ash or Alain?" implies a definite victor. But hard to know until the episode airs.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Conclusion just means the battle ends NOT HOW the battle ends.

Obviously a massive explosion that takes out half of Lumiose City will conclude the fight unless somehow you expect two people to continue battling after such a hypothetical event.

Unless somehow conclusion means resolved conflict but it doesn't the basic definition is: the end or finish of an event or process

However Kalos League Victory in the title might imply a favorable outcome to ONE of the trainers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was misleading and trying to hype it up MORE than stating a specific outcome.

But the summary says a conclusion happens while flare are doing stuff behind the scenes. Implying that when one of them wins the battle, flare is then getting ready to strike.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
I think the direct translation of "Kechaku" is resolution, so there will be a winner. The translation is a bit off in that regard

dman_dustin

But the summary says a conclusion happens while flare are doing stuff behind the scenes. Implying that when one of them wins the battle, flare is then getting ready to strike.

New Summary and the previous summary (if the first post update is to be believed) state that Team Flare Strike DURING the battle. Whether it would affect the battle is unknown.

I think the direct translation of "Kechaku" is resolution, so there will be a winner. The translation is a bit off in that regard
If that is 100% truly is the case (resolution), then okay.

New Summary and the previous summary (if the first post update is to be believed) state that Team Flare Strike DURING the battle. Whether it would affect the battle is unknown.

If that is 100% truly is the case (resolution), then okay.

Well they "act" during the battle. That doesn't neccesarily mean strike. It could be that they are making preparations...

dman_dustin

Well they "act" during the battle. That doesn't neccesarily mean strike. It could be that they are making preparations...

Well okay maybe not "strike" but they do something during the battle. Like I was saying we don't know if that would affect the battle. Obviously something would have to get everyone's attention to outright STOP the battle.

But if (Resolution) is in fact a true translation of the summary indicating a clear cut victory then okay.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Ash will win this for sure. I mean, if he loses AND gets captured by Team Flare, this guy will get heavily depressed.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Ash will win this for sure. I mean, if he loses AND gets captured by Team Flare, this guy will get heavily depressed.

People have said this before, and I'll be glad to reiterate it. Ash winning would prove that he's a credible threat to Team Flare, especially as he's beaten Lysandre's top bodyguard. Ash obviously won't be agreeing with Team Flare's intentions, so Lysandre has a good reason to kidnap him and force him to submit.

Plus, with what's happening, I doubt Ash will have another chance to defeat Alain.

Epicocity

Well okay maybe not "strike" but they do something during the battle. Like I was saying we don't know if that would affect the battle. Obviously something would have to get everyone's attention to outright STOP the battle.

But if (Resolution) is in fact a true translation of the summary indicating a clear cut victory then okay.

Do realize though that every mention of Team Flare in the summary states that it's "behind the scenes" and not just them making their move.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Do realize though that every mention of Team Flare in the summary states that it's "behind the scenes" and not just them making their move.

That's a big key, it shows that they are getting ready to strike. Maybe even waiting to see who wins. Thats why they take ash, lysandre wants to brainwash him and make him his slave because he is the champ.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
That's a big key, it shows that they are getting ready to strike. Maybe even waiting to see who wins. Thats why they take ash, lysandre wants to brainwash him and make him his slave because he is the champ.

If Ash wins, it becomes apparent to Lysandre that he is a huge threat as well as the fact that Greninja's golden shuriken will no doubt intrigue him. Nothing is decided, but I feel like Ash winning would make Lysandre catching him much more logical.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
If Ash wins, it becomes apparent to Lysandre that he is a huge threat as well as the fact that Greninja's golden shuriken will no doubt intrigue him. Nothing is decided, but I feel like Ash winning would make Lysandre catching him much more logical.

Exactly. Everything that is happening and is about to happen all point towards Ash potentially winning. If Alain were to win, there's almost no logic behind kidnapping Ash since he not only would be beaten by one of Team Flare's strongest agents, but also with the power of Ash-Greninja, which we've seen tangle toe-to-toe with Charizard before.

Said it before and I'll say it again: ASH SHOULD WIN.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
The only thing that confuses me is that Lysandre's Pyroar is apparently stronger than Steven's MMetagross and Alain's MCharizard because when they were fighting it seemed like pyroar quieted them down quite nicely. Unless they were actually taken back by the surprise itself and not the power at all. So it seems like he shouldn't need some body guard or be threatened by Ash. I guess he's just smart in trying to disable any and all threats no matter how big?

Also random but I'd love to know Lysandre's backstory and why he belongs in a mental assylum.... like what did he do all his life? how are his pokemon that strong even?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This is what usually happens when you interrupt something going on.

but two pokemon of such strength to be surprised by that is a little weird. Why would he use a regular pokemon to get inbetween two mega pokemon? I would like to know how strong his pyroar is really.

and I know mega pokemon can be beaten by regular pokemon (hawlucha and absol, etc) but its mega metagross and mega charizard so that is the only weird thing. But we can just say it was the surprise of the attack and that's it.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
The only thing that confuses me is that Lysandre's Pyroar is apparently stronger than Steven's MMetagross and Alain's MCharizard because when they were fighting it seemed like pyroar quieted them down quite nicely. Unless they were actually taken back by the surprise itself and not the power at all. So it seems like he shouldn't need some body guard or be threatened by Ash. I guess he's just smart in trying to disable any and all threats no matter how big?

Also random but I'd love to know Lysandre's backstory and why he belongs in a mental assylum.... like what did he do all his life? how are his pokemon that strong even?

He tried to help people, he noticed that even with all his money he was only alleviating the symptoms.

Went insane on the realization, fixated himself on his solution and here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.