• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I still reckon Pikachu could learn Wild Charge. Who cares if it is a weaker version of Volt Tackle? It is still usable.

That and the anime can still portray it to be just as powerful as volt tackle if they wanted it to.

Sigh, volt tackle would have been a dope finisher against Clawritzer or possibily Metagross.

ShadowForce720

I still reckon Pikachu could learn Wild Charge. Who cares if it is a weaker version of Volt Tackle? It is still usable.

The point is it doesn't make that much sense to have replace Volt Tackle with Electro Ball if they were just going to have it replace Electro Ball with Wild Charge. At the end of the day if Pikachu is going to replace Electro Ball with Wild Charge then it would make more sense for it just to relearn Volt Tackle.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
The point is it doesn't make that much sense to have replace Volt Tackle with Electro Ball if they were just going to have it replace Electro Ball with Wild Charge. At the end of the day if Pikachu is going to replace Electro Ball with Wild Charge then it would make more sense for it just to relearn Volt Tackle.

There are lots of things in pokemon that doesn't make sense. But Learning Wild Charge isn't one of them.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
There are lots of things in pokemon that doesn't make sense. But Learning Wild Charge isn't one of them.

Or volt tackle, honestly with the focus of the marketing department on the pikaclones and Raichu it wouldn't be a bad idea to display volt tackle once more.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I guess some really like Pikachu to have Volt Tackle again. Personally, I don't mind Pikachu having Electro Ball, but like I said, I still think Pikachu should upgrade Quick Attack to Facade, a move that Pikachu can learn and can be animated similarly to Quick Attack (of course, you can argue the same thing with Volt Tackle, just saying).

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
The anime barely follows how Pokemon's learn certain moves, so I don't see a problem with giving Pikachu volt tackle again. Electro Ball is alright, but I feel like it serves no purpose.

As for quick attack, it has basically become Pikachu's second signature move so I don't see it getting replaced. It also sounds absolutely badass in Japanese.

Last edited:

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I will admit that Quick Attack does sound awesome in Japanese: "Denkou Sekka." I will actually admit that Quick Attack does work as his secondary signature move and Thunderbolt being his first signature move, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. For Volt Tackle though, how would he be able to relearn it? I mean, it is an event and breeding exclusive move in the Pikachu line. Can you really tutor it? That sounds possible, but really I don't know.

ljcmarques

So, I just watched by streaming, so I'm bringing the results:

Tyranitar VS Pikachu = Pikachu
Weavile VS Noivern = Weavile
Weavile VS Hawlucha = Hawlucha (GREAT BATTLE!!)
Bisharp VS Hawlucha = Bisharp and gets recalled
Unfezant VS Talonflame = DRAW (AMAZING BATTLE!)
- FIELD CHANGING -
Metagross VS Pikachu = Pikachu
Charizard VS Pikachu = Climax

Goodra, Pikachu and Greninja are next!!!!

SO HYPED! THIS BATTLE WAS F R E A K I N G GOOD!

Akashin

I'm not nearly sick enough of XY & Z to not be excited hearing it used in that preview. The preview showed more or less what I expected it to (it ending off on the red Water Shuriken seemed about as obvious as it gets), but damn I can't wait. It's been a long time since there's been something I'm excited enough about to feel the need to outright avoid Serebii until I see it myself.

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I was thinking earlier today that they'd probably be using XY&Z in the preview. Not disappointed at all. :)

Yeah, I'm going to do everything to avoid spoilers next week. Managed it for the Master Class so I should be good to go.

Oh and Goodra's using Rain Dance, that's neat.

DarkPrince

Take that!
If you see the preview carefully when Charizard gets called out its raining and Greninja is there. So Greninja might already be present in the field after defeating Bisharp which might mean Goodra lost.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Something weird I noticed

In the Ash-Greninja AMV and the official TV Tokyo preview, the red shuriken is surrounded by a strange black matter, like mud or ink.

On the other hand, in the TV version the shuriken is surrounded by air/gust or something similar. Strange huh, but it's probably a minor detail.

[img300]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpklQxqVMAEbAnA.jpg[/img300]

TheScentedApple

If you see the preview carefully when Charizard gets called out its raining and Greninja is there. So Greninja might already be present in the field after defeating Bisharp which might mean Goodra lost.

I'm calling tie, just because we have so many this league, why not more

nickdt

This confirms Goodra drawing against Bisharp, since i saw a dark cloud for Rain Dance in that battle and Goodra clearly looked surprised Bisharp attacked him, prolly after using Bide.

Status
Not open for further replies.