• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

So at most:

- Pikachu vs. Charizard: Charizard
- Goodra vs. Charizard: Switch
- Goodra vs. Bisharp: Bisharp
- Greninja vs. Bisharp: Greninja
- Greninja vs. Charizard: ...

Or:

- Goodra vs. Bisharp: Goodra
- Goodra vs. Charizard: Charizard

The second doesn't make a whole lot of sense in terms of writing, unless Alan switches out Charizard immediately after Pikachu and thus Ash and Alan send out Goodra and Bisharp simultaneously.

At minimum:
- Goodra vs. Bisharp: Draw

We see Bisharp going in for another Guillotine, all is not well for Goodra.

But MC-X is going to take out Greninja, so we are.

So has Alan. He used good strategies like starting with Sand Stream (while having multiple Steel-types that don't take damage) drawing Hawlucha in the water before using Ice Beam, Bisharp using T-wave on Hawlucha (likely Goodra as well), Guillotine after Hawlucha went with Bulk Up to bypass the defensive boost, AgiliGross to match-up with Pikachu.

Well personally I would prefer the second scenario so Goodra can get a win and then a lost, but I'm thinking the writers are probably going to go with the 3rd scenario just so they can keep Goodra's record intact to where it doesn't have a single lost on it and the only thing it winds up having on it's record besides 1 win is 2 draws.

Red and Blue

If they didnt bother with cameos in 37 I'm expecting them in this episode. Oh well

Yosila

Like others I'm 99% sure Ash will claim victory. All the signs point to it and honestly if he doesn't this time that would be horrible writing.

Yes, it will be extremely disappointing and shocking if Ash will lose this time because all the signs point to his victory.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
So at most:

- Goodra vs. Bisharp: Bisharp
- Greninja vs. Bisharp: Greninja

Or:

- Goodra vs. Bisharp: Goodra
- Goodra vs. Charizard: Charizard

The second doesn't make a whole lot of sense in terms of writing, unless Alan switches out Charizard immediately after Pikachu and thus Ash and Alan send out Goodra and Bisharp simultaneously.

At minimum:
- Goodra vs. Bisharp: Draw

I'm on boat with the first of the three circumstances you mentioned. And I'd like to see the first case scenario happen too so that MCX and Ash-ninja are on an even playing field, especially if Bisharp can do a little damage to Ash-ninja because Charizard is already a bit damaged as well courtesy of Lord Pikachu.

ugotmybeef

hope we don't get lame result where Ash is gonna win but collapses at the last moment. Alain later acknowledges he would of lost if not for that.

Satoshi & Touko

hope we don't get lame result where Ash is gonna win but collapses at the last moment. Alain later acknowledges he would of lost if not for that.

Yep. That would be a slap in the face that is at LEAST as bad as the existence of Tobias imo.
Though if Ash doesn't win, it'll be a hurricane regardless of why I think.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

I dont think there is a chance that happens since we already had the second battle where that basically did happen already. Its been built up that ash has to get his win on alain finally.

Red and Blue

Wonder if GOODRA will tie or lose to Bisharp. Would suck if they brought him back without one victory

BlueDragonfangirl

Ash can't loose to Alan, he just can't. Alan doesn't even want to be a Pokemon Master, he didn't even care about winning the league, he just wanted to battle Ash. At least, while Tobias had Legendary Pokemon to fight with at least he wanted to be a Pokemon Master in the first place. This feels like it'd not only be a slap to Ash's face but to all trainers who want to be a Pokemon Master.

Yes, like I've said before we've got too many signs pointing to his win.

Omegaz

Captain Amourica
Wonder if GOODRA will tie or lose to Bisharp. Would suck if they brought him back without one victory

I'm really hoping he wins, but with how Pikachu took out T-Tar and Metagross, it's apparent that being a pseudo-legendary doesn't mean much.

Red Pheonix

Did anyone noticed how desperate Alain looked when Pikachu was thunderbolting Metagross on his head? As if he lacked the confidence to beat Ash.... I wonder if it actually means something or I'm reading too much.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm really hoping he wins, but with how Pikachu took out T-Tar and Metagross, it's apparent that being a pseudo-legendary doesn't mean much.

That leaves his strongest Pokemon of XY than as stand in. Hey'll likely be the last one to send in.

Satoshi & Touko

I wouldn't be surprised if when Ash finally sends out the Legendary frog, this is also the time when Alain is down to his last as well and it gets sent out at the same time as Charizard. Of course that would mean a tie for Bisharp vs Barney.

andrewscott48209

Did anyone noticed how desperate Alain looked when Pikachu was thunderbolting Metagross on his head? As if he lacked the confidence to beat Ash.... I wonder if it actually means something or I'm reading too much.

You're not the only one. I noticed the desperation when Alain sent out Charizard, when he could have sent Bisharp out. If Bisharp could have connected with guillotine, Pikachu would be knocked out and Charizard would still be fresh to take Greninja on.

Nume-chan

Pokémon Breeder
A shame but Goodra is either losing or tying against Bisharp, the preview doesn't specify but it kinda hints towards one of these two outcomes.
Goodra will activate Rain Dance, if he loses Bisharp may deal some damage to Greninja which will make things somewhat even since Charizard got damaged by Pikachu (not sure how badly however).
It could also be a tie since when Charizard comes out again in the preview it is still raining, maybe Charizard and Greninja will be sent out after the tie between Goodra and Bisharp.
Let's see how it goes.

Last edited:

crimson_echidna

He's literally coasted his way through the League up to this point so I can imagine he probably didn't think Ash's other pokemon were going to be as tough as they are.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Would be pretty slick if Goodra dodged Bisharp's Guillotine the same way Bisharp dodged Hawlucha's attack. I would cackle cruelly at Alan seeing his Pokémon go down the same way Ash's Hawlucha went down. He's putting all his money on his overrated orange fire-breathing teddybear, I love it.

Ash setting up the rain for Charizard and Greninja's ultimate match is brilliant and I'm very excited to see how he's going to make use of it. Please don't make all of Ash's efforts go to waste.

He's literally coasted his way through the League up to this point so I can imagine he probably didn't think Ash's other pokemon were going to be as tough as they are.

The taste of Alan's demise is sweet. Excellent.

tonikranjc

Why are all of you thinking Goodra will set rain for Greninja... I think that it will use Rain Dance to cure itself from paralysis and it will stay until Greninja/Charizard battle

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!

Or that being Ash's ace for 6 different regions means more?
Tyranitar got beat pretty easily tbh but metagross was shown as being very strong and quick.

Still laughing at when people got mad at those thinking pikachu would beat both tyranitar and metagross called it

I'm guessing:
Charizard will take out pikachu here, switch out,
Goodra vs bisharp will end in a tie
Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard = ??

Even if he loses, nice to see Ash battle competently and use various strategies during his two shown league matches. (A win would be better tho)

satoshigekkouga

For me, it's a 99.9999999% certainty that Ash is going to win. I know the writers are going to have us on the edge of our seats though, and that's the way it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.