• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Did anyone noticed how desperate Alain looked when Pikachu was thunderbolting Metagross on his head? As if he lacked the confidence to beat Ash.... I wonder if it actually means something or I'm reading too much.

Pikachu is the spanner in the works when it comes to Alain's typical strategy. Based on how the last full battle with Remos, Alain's method is to use one of his powerful pseudolegendaries to wear down his opponents full team and thus weed out his or her strongest Pokémon (which is likely a Mega Evolution). When he reaches that strongest or is close enough to not worry about any possible setbacks, he dishes out to Charizard to finish the job (as making Mega Charizard X strong is his goal).

What he did not expect was that Pikachu is a lot tougher than he realizes. The mouse took out both of his powerhouses and is still standing despite all the beating it has taken. If it continues, then it might be possible for Alain to never reach Greninja at all. This forces him to call out Charizard to take out Pikachu to assure it wouldn't cause anymore trouble. But Pikachu manages to damage Charizard to an extent, meaning that Alain will have to defeat Goodra without losing Bisharp as a Greninja at full health and strength while Charizard has taken damage is not the best set up for Alain to determine who is the stronger of the two.

Akashin

You're not the only one. I noticed the desperation when Alain sent out Charizard, when he could have sent Bisharp out. If Bisharp could have connected with guillotine, Pikachu would be knocked out and Charizard would still be fresh to take Greninja on.

I don't think desperation is what caused him to send Charizard out. Rather, I think it's a calculated move; he's already lost two Pokemon to Pikachu and Pikachu has proven capable of getting back up against impossible odds, and he probably wants to avoid the possibility of losing his only other remaining Pokemon before finally taking Pikachu down. Better to send in the Pokemon he knows can get the job done than to gamble on the possibility that Bisharp can do the trick (especially since the Thunder Wave tactic that got Hawlucha would be useless against Pikachu), and save Bisharp for later to make sure that Charizard doesn't have to handle the rest of the fight by itself.

Red and Blue

Kind of hoping that Bisharp beats Goodra and inflicts a bit of damage on Greninja before going down. That way the final fight will be on even terms

Red Pheonix

Pikachu is the spanner in the works when it comes to Alain's typical strategy. Based on how the last full battle with Remos, Alain's method is to use one of his powerful pseudolegendaries to wear down his opponents full team and thus weed out his or her strongest Pokémon (which is likely a Mega Evolution). When he reaches that strongest or is close enough to not worry about any possible setbacks, he dishes out to Charizard to finish the job (as making Mega Charizard X strong is his goal).

What he did not expect was that Pikachu is a lot tougher than he realizes. The mouse took out both of his powerhouses and is still standing despite all the beating it has taken. If it continues, then it might be possible for Alain to never reach Greninja at all. This forces him to call out Charizard to take out Pikachu to assure it wouldn't cause anymore trouble. But Pikachu manages to damage Charizard to an extent, meaning that Alain will have to defeat Goodra without losing Bisharp as a Greninja at full health and strength while Charizard has taken damage is not the best set up for Alain to determine who is the stronger of the two.

That Ash-Pikachu powered super-effective thunderbolt should take a nice amount of health of charizard.

I'm on the camp who thinks goodra will tie with Bisharp and Pikachu gets swept of by Chard X. Then greninja Vs Chard X.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Kind of hoping that Bisharp beats Goodra and inflicts a bit of damage on Greninja before going down. That way the final fight will be on even terms

Yeah, I really want that to happen too. That's what I'm ultimately hoping for in the end, regardless of the outcome.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It really wont make sense for goodra to straight up lose to bisharp. If pikachu took down two pseudo legendaries, goodra should be able to take down a weakened bisharp.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So Bisharps is gonna paralyze Goodra and we'll have a repeat of Ash vs Clemont.

Expecting a tie.

I agree, I think it will be exactly like that and to show connection to the past battle. There is just no way they are going to have goodra go down like noivern. Its going to be a tie, so Charizard WILL go in against greninja with that thunder bolt on him.

Satoshi & Touko

It really wont make sense for goodra to straight up lose to bisharp. If pikachu took down two pseudo legendaries, goodra should be able to take down a weakened bisharp.

I won't comment on sensibility, but in the preview it looks like Goodra is going to go down with Guillotine. Unless that's a different move I'm seeing being used against a scared-looking Goodra in that clip.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
If Goodra is going down via Guillotine, this is what the scoreboard would like prior to the final matchup:

Ash
Pikachu: 2 wins, damages Charizard
Noivern: 0 wins
Goodra: 0 wins
Hawlucha: 1 win
Talonflame: DKO
Ash-Greninja: 1 win prior to final match

Alain
Bisharp: 2 wins, damages Greninja
Tyranitar: 0 wins
Metagross: 0 wins
Weavile: 1 win
Unfezant: DKO
Mega Charizard X: 1 win prior to final match

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I won't comment on sensibility, but in the preview it looks like Goodra is going to go down with Guillotine. Unless that's a different move I'm seeing being used against a scared-looking Goodra in that clip.

I'm not sure if that is guillotine for one, and we dont know if it will for sure hit him. They wouldnt just straight up show the outcome in the preview.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
I am 90% sure Ash is going to win this now. I hope to proudly write "RIP status quo - Ash the League champion" in my signature (which is empty as of now) after this episode airs.

Nume-chan

Pokémon Breeder
I am also inclined to the tie between these two, specially since when Charizard comes out in the preview it is still raining, before going down with Bisharp Goodra would use Rain Dance to counter Thunder Wave, if it wasn't a tie it would mean that Greninja fought Bisharp under rainfall and made quick work of it because even in the anime Rain Dance doesn't last forever, if the rain is still present when Charizard comes out I guess the tie happened right before it.

andrewscott48209

I don't think desperation is what caused him to send Charizard out. Rather, I think it's a calculated move; he's already lost two Pokemon to Pikachu and Pikachu has proven capable of getting back up against impossible odds, and he probably wants to avoid the possibility of losing his only other remaining Pokemon before finally taking Pikachu down. Better to send in the Pokemon he knows can get the job done than to gamble on the possibility that Bisharp can do the trick (especially since the Thunder Wave tactic that got Hawlucha would be useless against Pikachu), and save Bisharp for later to make sure that Charizard doesn't have to handle the rest of the fight by itself.

Maybe, but I doubt Pikachu would get back up if he got hit with guillotine.

SoundVoltex

Wow, the injustice Noivern got in this league and series is quite baffling. He's a very strong Pokemon. I just wish he is depicted as such.

Satoshi & Touko

It still is a baby though, it evolved right away and did basically nothing from then until now.

Yep. It is indeed saddening, but Noivern was shown for what it was really worth at the time. So it's at least believable. Especially given the type disadvantage.

NitroLightningFlash

I really hope Goodra gets a win...but it doesn't look like he does because people are saying Goodra is greyed out in the preview whilst Bisharp is still up? If Guillotine really does hit Goodra...i hope it's not when Ash is using Bide (where Goodra can't move whilst 'charging up') or something...that'd be bad. Disappointing for a 'long awaited/anticipated' 6th team member that's for sure imo, with only a tie and a loss :(

Status
Not open for further replies.