• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Everyone is greyed out.. bisharp goes down eventually before the big battle

We all know it will be either Goodra or Greninja defeating Bisharp.

I guess I'll do one of these too.

My prediction:

Charizard vs. Pikachu (Charizard wins fairly quickly, then gets recalled)
Bisharp vs. Goodra (Bisharp wins via Guillotine)
Bisharp vs. Greninja (Greninja wins fairly quickly)
MCX vs. Ash-Greninja (66% chance Ash-Greninja wins via Orange CD Shuriken)

Sounds like a good prediction. I'll wait to make my prediction until the 2nd preview comes out.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The only good thing to come out of Goodra jobbing alongside its substantially weaker replacement (Noivern), we get to see base Greninja fight for one last time.

So that's something.. right?

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
The only good thing to come out of Goodra jobbing alongside its substantially weaker replacement (Noivern), we get to see base Greninja fight for one last time.

Yeah, it's been a while since we saw base Greninja fight and get a win just on its base form. The last time that happened was in the Ash vs Shota 3 vs 3 battle (before the league) where base Greninja defeated Clawitzer.

Illusio

No words, only rage
We all know it will be either Goodra or Greninja defeating Bisharp.

Sounds like a good prediction. I'll wait to make my prediction until the 2nd preview comes out.

Charizard comes out after Greninja was already out.

Goodra is either tying or losing against Bisharp.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Charizard comes out after Greninja was already out.

Goodra is either tying or losing against Bisharp.

If Goodra loses, then Alain and Ash would have two fall guys each. That sounds about even. I would be okay with Goodra drawing against Bisharp. Like I said, I'll make my prediction after the 2nd preview comes out.

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

I can't believe I am in a argument about this right now and I am surprised by the number of people that are convinced Ash wins because of the title (Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match). Does it say who won? No. Its back and forth with this guy. Anyway, I really enjoyed the battle so far and I can't wait to see what Greninja does with that Fire Shuriken. I hope its the finishing move.

Yeah I'm not taking the title seriously at all. Does nobody remember that first "gotta get a Gible" episode where everyone thought he was going to get Gible? These things are deliberately misleading. If anything I've always thought the title makes it less likely that Ash will win.

Battle was great. Fingers are crossed for the next episode, I want Ash to win so badly.

My worry about that giant water Shuriken is that if it isn't the finishing move, Charizard wins. A bit like Blaziken surviving Charizard's Seismic Toss in the Johto league. And why would they show the finishing move? I don't know, I'm just very hyped about the battle so I'm kind of looking to anything as a clue to Ash either winning or not winning >_>

Eh? Goodra almost certainly beats Bisharp, I would think.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
Just curious, Is this the longest spoiler thread of an episode ever on serebii in terms of views and number of pages ?

About the recent part-1 of the battle, I'd say Ash fared much better than I expected him to. Chances are very high that Ash is going to win this one. If pikachu can beat 2 pseudos, I can see Ash-Greninja taking down MCX this time and it only makes sense considering it lost twice before this.

TheNewGuy

Oh damn. Wow, so Goodra gonna lose.

But if Greninja beats Megazard, then it should be credited with an assist, thanks to Rain Dance. >_>

knightwolf09

As a matter of fact, nope. The preview shows Charizard get sent out on to the field where Greninja already stands, flying past the scoreboard where every other Pokemon is greyed out..

It's either a double knock out and Greninja was just sent out first, or Bisharp beats Goodra and Greninja finishes him off.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
As much as I'd prefer a tie for Goodra, I find myself actually hoping it takes a loss so that Greninja receives some damage from Bisharp before facing Charizard, to even things out a bit. It'll make my future on these forums a lot more enjoyable, since I won't have to read "Greninja only beat Charizard because it was weakened by Pikachu" for years to come..

Don't worry. If people won't complain about Greninja winning because he was fresh, they will complain about Greninja winning because his water attacks did more damage on Charizard because of Rain Dance. :p

Red and Blue

So either Goodra will get another tie or it will be the fall guy next to Noivern?

Kind of a waste. They brought him back and he doesn't even get a single full victory

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
As much as I'd prefer a tie for Goodra, I find myself actually hoping it takes a loss so that Greninja receives some damage from Bisharp before facing Charizard, to even things out a bit. It'll make my future on these forums a lot more enjoyable, since I won't have to read "Greninja only beat Charizard because it was weakened by Pikachu" for years to come..

Goodra losing to Bisharp is really not out of the picture. Still possible.

Don't worry. If people won't complain about Greninja winning because he was fresh, they will complain about Greninja winning because his water attacks did more damage on Charizard because of Rain Dance. :p

Some fans will always find ways to prove that something is rigged because of this or because of that. I really find that annoying to be honest with you.

Amine

Just one thing, is it more important for ash-greninja to sigle handedly defeat MCX or for Ash to win the league ?

Red and Blue

Just one thing, is it more important for ash-greninja to sigle handedly defeat MCX or for Ash to win the league ?

Ash winning the league? We already know Greninja won't beat Zard by himself since Pikachu managed to inflect some damage

Why is everyone assuming rain dance is going to help out greninja it doesnt have swift swim so its not going to boost its speed or its moves and from what i remember when greninja launches the giant shuriken its not raining in the background..

LizardonX

Banned

You'll be reading "Greninja lost despite Charizard taking prior damage" for years to come.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
If Ash wins this, I'm 85+% sure it will be because of Orange Soda Shuriken, especially since the last clip in the preview showed Ash-ninja throwing it.

Ash winning the league? We already know Greninja won't beat Zard by himself since Pikachu managed to inflect some damage

Which is why I wouldn't mind at all if Bisharp is still around after Goodra and weakens Greninja a bit to even the score beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.