• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Er, I kinda am. But that's only because Bisharp in the preview goes to attack Goodra with crossed vapory-blue scythes that are just like the ones used to Guillotine Hawlucha.

You know I would find it kind of hilarious if Goodra is somehow flexible enough to avoid Guillotine in a similar way to how Bisharp avoided Hawlucha's Hi Jump Kick.

Nume-chan

Pokémon Breeder
I feel sorry for Goodra, it's my favorite Pokémon but it is very likely that Bisharp will win, a tie is the best that could happen honestly.

Heekful

Anyone else feeling scared for Goodra being subjected to a Guillotine? They emphasize emotion with Goodra and its such an innocent Pokemon.

Yeah Goodra is like powerful and peaceful at the same time and he is a very nice Pokemon , I hate the fact that they didn't give him a win in the league , he is one of the strongest Pokemon Ash never had...

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
You know I would find it kind of hilarious if Goodra is somehow flexible enough to avoid Guillotine in a similar way to how Bisharp avoided Hawlucha's Hi Jump Kick.

I think I understand what you mean XD

But in all seriousness, I doubt it since after that shot, the preview immediately moves on to Charizard again.

SoundVoltex

Lol. It's a shame Goodra is just known for taking hits.

Pretty sure Bisharp being a steel type resists all of Goodra's attacks too, so hard to counter attack even if that happens.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Goodra had to lose at some point without drawing. It had plenty of wins already. Plus the battle would be focus on Greninja and Charizard.

SoundVoltex

Goodra had to lose at some point without drawing. It had plenty of wins already. Plus the battle would be focus on Greninja and Charizard.

That would really suck considering how long they held out on showing Goodra would be the 6th member... Hoping for a tie, like Goodra holds out that Guillotine, releases a Bide, then faints.

I find it awkward that the writers gave Bisharp such an ultimatum move like Guillotine. Why not an attack like Metal Claw or Slash? Did they just want to flaunt the level of that Bisharp?

Sometimes, screw the writers.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Plenty of wins? It has 2 wins in it's entire existence once vs Tierno in a Double Battle and one vs Luxray... that's it. Both times it had a huge advantage thanks to typing. Ironically now it's getting put in huge disadvantages

DS0308

<--- Actually me
I don't believe Team Flare will interrupt, to me the way Lysandre said his line it was more like he would wait until they finished the battle before striking. I'd assume he has to dip at some point for him to be standing next to Xerosic/on top of Lumiose Tower.

Btw was there anything noteworthy during the sponsors part of the preview? Or was it just something like Ash and Alain staring at each other?

Soniman

Break the Limit
I don't believe Team Flare will interrupt, to me the way Lysandre said his line it was more like he would wait until they finished the battle before striking. I'd assume he has to dip at some point for him to be standing next to Xerosic/on top of Lumiose Tower.

Btw was there anything noteworthy during the sponsors part of the preview? Or was it just something like Ash and Alain staring at each other?

Greninja used double team, Charizard flametrhower'd it away, and it ends with Greninja tossing a regular water shuriken

taeuknam

The subs that I saw were

Lysandre: Execute the plan. The finals will reach its climax any moment now. The eyes of the people of Kalos... no, of the whole world, would be set on Lumiose City.

Is this accurate?

Torterraaaa

The subs that I saw were

Lysandre: Execute the plan. The finals will reach its climax any moment now. The eyes of the people of Kalos... no, of the whole world, would be set on Lumiose City.

Is this accurate?

Iirc that's what he said. Considering he said the whole world would be watching, it would be nice if it at least showed Ash's mom :p

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
I didn't get what was going on with Hawlucha and all that heating up when getting hit by Weavile. Could someone explain that part of the battle to me?

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
What we already know is that Team Flare is going to be working behind the scenes in this episode while the finals climax continues. I would think that prior to the deciding match of Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X, I think Lysandre would call Xerosic to "execute the plan."

I didn't get what was going on with Hawlucha and all that heating up when getting hit by Weavile. Could someone explain that part of the battle to me?

From what I am seeing, Hawlucha is trying to take advantage of the ice field and itself. He is taking the attacks and blocking the attacks from Weavile so he won't receive too much damage on not just the attack, but also against the Ice field. This helps Hawlucha increase its endurance and become stronger so it won't become knocked out so easily. By blocking the attacks and being on the ice field, he glowed because he was able to resist Ice Beam, thus getting him warmed up (get it?). This is sort of what we saw back in the Champion of the Forest episode (XY35) except he wasn't battling on ice.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
What we already know is that Team Flare is going to be working behind the scenes in this episode while the finals climax continues. I would think that prior to the deciding match of Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X, I think Lysandre would call Xerosic to "execute the plan."

The league wont he interrupted though since there is a kalos league victory.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
From what I am seeing, Hawlucha is trying to take advantage of the ice field and itself. He is taking the attacks and blocking the attacks from Weavile so he won't receive too much damage on not just the attack, but also against the Ice field. This helps Hawlucha increase its endurance and become stronger so it won't become knocked out so easily.

Why taking so many powerful hits and not just going all in and attacking Weavile while his body is still "fresh"? I... I don't get that part of the battle between those two.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
this match had better be decided.

If TF interrupts I can only imagine how bad the aftermath will be once they get taken down.

Given their personalities, I doubt Ash or Alain would accept a technicality victory. Or perhaps the league would simply be nullified due to TF's antics.

Last edited:

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
The league wont he interrupted though since there is a kalos league victory.

Of course the league won't be interrupted. I didn't really say the league would be interrupted. Well, I guess it sounds like that to you, but I guess I didn't state it in my last post that there would be a winner.

Why taking so many powerful hits and not just going all in and attacking Weavile while his body is still "fresh"? I... I don't get that part of the battle between those two.

If Hawlucha would've kept attacking, Weavile would continue to dodge and counter. After a series of attacks from both, Weavile would be able to pinpoint Hawlucha's weak point; Weavile can knock it out with an Ice Beam while Hawlucha performs flying press AND not "warmed up". Now, don't get me wrong, Hawlucha is a Fighting Type, but he is a Flying Type as well and is weak to ice (ironic right?).

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I'm not throwing out the idea of a tie just yet... It's totally within the realm of this show despite the Title

Perhaps, but I still find it odd to use the term "Victory" if there won't be a true winner. If they wanted to keep things vague, they could have easily put "Kalos League Finals! Ash's Ultimate Match!!" or something like this. However, I admit this wouldn't be the first time that a title is misleading...

Status
Not open for further replies.