• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dark matter that appears around Greninja when he finishes charging up the ‘Victory Shuriken’ makes it look like it’s enchanted with both of his types, either that or it’s tearing up the space around him. So yeah, let's have this practically new move tie with Blast Burn, an attack that Steven's Mega Metagross tanked with no issues.

Whatever, that thing is going to kill Charizard and disqualify Ash for murder.

Danny L

Yeah.. concerned they haven't shown anything for blast burn yet. Best case scenario might be charizard using blast burn on Greninja, who endures it and starts glowing red/creating the disc. That would probably ensure that the disk is a finishing move

Otherwise I could see it being used as a canceling move. Then the league is interrupted when the smoke clears and both Pokemon are still standing..

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Those hoping to see Ash win the League are going to need to put their faith into a giant orange Gummi-Saver, ...er I mean water Shuriken :D

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
I was actually hoping the orange shuriken was the result of taking a Blast Burn head on, but then I realized why wouldn't it just be a more menacing blue color? Now I just hope the move doesn't miss or fail to knock him out, it would be Ash losing to Cameron level of insult but it'd be a low blow to make him lose the league.

Haunter ゴースト

This is what 5 league losses have done to us lol

So true lmao.

Well it's very likely a Z-Move, since Ash did the exact same poses like in the SM trailer. Probably the dark type Z-Move, but there's still the mystery about why Greninja actually looks different in those battles, which is making the theory a bit unlikely.

But I am sure they won't show any pokemon failing a new mechanic for the first time.

These potential bond evolutions can probably use Z moves too.

Wow Pikachu looks really impressive in the new preview with the way that his Iron Tail was shown breaking the ground apart even while airborne. Makes me a bit sad that he'll lose to Charizard tho. :[

I agree but he went out with some style. Two pseudos and a good attempt at Charizard, i'd argue this is the best Pikachu has ever been. Above his Latios and Regice self.

I highly doubt they're just...going to retcon that gameplay mechanic like that unlike what they did in the FemTwo movie...

Same.

Don't forget the BW Kyurem mechanic...

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Another thing to note, but we're also going to get that shot of Ash and Greninja with the dark background behind them. Question is, who's viewing them in that manner? Is it Lysandre who views Ash as a threat? Is it Manon who sees Ash as someone for Alain to be afraid of in terms of losing? Seriously, who?

If you need a link to the image, I'll provide it in a second. It was in the XYZ037 thread.

I find it interesting how Water Shuriken changes its role from being useless against strong opponents to the literal last hope for victory depending if Greninja is transformed or not.

Akashin

I find it interesting how Water Shuriken changes its role from being useless against strong opponents to the literal last hope for victory depending if Greninja is transformed or not.

Water Shuriken was never useless. In its smaller state its primary uses has been as a smokescreen to let Greninja get it a hit in, like it was against Gardevoir and Sceptile (though it was the Water Fuma Shuriken used to execute that in the latter case). I wouldn't call that useless.

And to be fair, good as they are, neither Cut or Aerial Ace are pulling their weight as overwhelming finishers, so it may as well be Water Fuma Shuriken.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I still think he is going to lose.

What if Alan counters the move with Blast Burn? He hasn't used the move at all during this entire league. That's Charizard's big finishing move.

unless Blast Burn can somehow reverse the incoming energy, all it would probably do at best is negate the attack, and if there's no draw back, it's basically what happened when Greninja fought Abomasnow, Charizard gets left wide open for a beating, especially since using Blast Burn prevents the user from acting right away.

Ominous Wind

It seems like Greninja's a prodigy at taking weak attacks like Cut and Water Shuriken and making them work in devastating ways.

ashsfuture

I'm not really worried, just because why should we need to know at this moment if the fire shuriken hits Charizard X if the preview showed that then there's goes all the tension behind this mysterious attack and what I want to know is what happens before Ash and Greninja bring out this power, like are there going to be flashbacks showcasing everything Ash has been through with his pokemon leading up to this moment I mean it would put a lot of meaning behind this attack.

I mean no matter Ash isn't just trying to win this league for himself, he's trying to win this for his pokemon, friends, his mom, practically for every single trainer who wasn't able to make it to the league being entrusted with all their hopes and dreams. He's giving it his all and I would expect nothing less from Ash at this point.

The only thing I'm worried about is the day the episode airs someone is going to spoil the result destroying all the hype this episode will have, so hopefully no one spoils the episode, anyway Ash finally deserves to have his win over Alain and what better place to do it than at the kalos league finals! Since the idea of a rematch against these two won't be happening.

Red and Blue

Yeah it is. They literally show us how the Destruction Shuriken is originated. RIP DEMzard.

No its not. Regardless of the strength of the shurikan, Charizard could easily counter with Blast Burn. The result is still up in the air

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
So Ash and Alain have their own colorful void where they'll stare at each other and perhaps monologue for a while? There's even less going on between them than with Ash and Sawyer :L

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
No its not. Regardless of the strength of the shurikan, Charizard could easily counter with Blast Burn. The result is still up in the air

if charizard counters with Blast Burn, unless it can somehow reverse the energy, all it will likely do is stop the move (Depending on how powerful it is, it might get through Blast Burn), and gets left open for an Aerial Ace beatdown like what happened with Wulfric's abomasnow.

Last edited:
Water Shuriken was never useless. In its smaller state its primary uses has been as a smokescreen to let Greninja get it a hit in, like it was against Gardevoir and Sceptile (though it was the Water Fuma Shuriken used to execute that in the latter case). I wouldn't call that useless.
Maybe not downright useless, but it does act like a downgrade compared to Water Pulse. Seriously, the last time I saw that tiny thing inflict noticeable damage without the synchronization was against that Bisharp during the Ninja Village invasion.
And to be fair, good as they are, neither Cut or Aerial Ace are pulling their weight as overwhelming finishers, so it may as well be Water Fuma Shuriken.
Aerial Ace worked fine with Mega Abomasnow and was visually impressive if you ask me.

I believe its a protean giant water/fire shuriken mixed with the power of friendship

Red and Blue

if charizard counters with Blast Burn, unless it can somehow reverse the energy, all it will likely do is stop the move (Depending on how powerful it is, it might get through Blast Burn), and gets left open for an Aerial Ace beatdown like what happened with Wulfric's abomasnow.

For all we know Greninja will be too tired and injured for another attack.

Ominous Wind

Wouldn't it be cool if they reuse that scene from Origins where Red's Charizard fights Mewtwo and Red is seeing Charizard's progression from when he was a Charmander? Only this time, it's Ash and Alain seeing the progression of their respective aces. Man, i think I would cry.

I'm probably going to cry anyway when the dust settles.

Status
Not open for further replies.