• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akashin

Where's everyone getting the idea that Goodra's gonna be a fall guy for? If Bisharp really does take him out I'm gonna be really salty. He went from one of Ash's strongest Pokemon to someone we know have to pray gets at least one win.

It's coming from the fact that when Charizard comes back out to face Greninja, Greninja is all Ash has left. Meaning Goodra has to lose or tie.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'm thinking best case scenario, Goodra KOs Bisharp and right after he collapses from exhaustion. So I guess that'd be a tie.

I hope that happens honestly, at least goodra being able to have bisharp go down be able to save greninja and then they win would mean he did something.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I hope that happens honestly, at least goodra being able to have bisharp go down be able to save greninja and then they win would mean he did something.

Was it worth it though? Ash's first "Pseudo"? A solid win in the fifth gym and two ties in the league. Wow. What a record!

Epicocity

Was it worth it though? Ash's first "Pseudo"? A solid win in the fifth gym and two ties in the league. Wow. What a record!

You know, this makes me wonder if the writers care nearly as much about the win record as some of the fans do. Of course, logical explanation is just that Goodra got rusty (and it evolved too quickly).

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

It's a tribute to how selfless goodra is and just the nature of ash in general. Gooda just wanted a team win.

Red and Blue

Goodra was brought back just to make sure Ash had a full party. Though it would have been nice if it got at least one victory against Bisharp or Slurpuff

Cevil

Where's everyone getting the idea that Goodra's gonna be a fall guy for? If Bisharp really does take him out I'm gonna be really salty. He went from one of Ash's strongest Pokemon to someone we know have to pray gets at least one win.

I think Goodra will lose to Bisharp, who will then go on to do some damage to Greninja before being taken out. My biggest fear, however, is that Bisharp will manage to paralyse Greninja instead of damaging him, which will make Ash's chances of winning the league very slim.

Cevil

And if the fans had it their way, Hawlucha would have swept the floor with Tyranitar, Weavile and Bisharp before being taken out by Metagross.

Franckie

Goodra isn't designed so much to be a powerhouse as it is designed to be a KO-machine. Goodra's battle style is to tank attacks and redirect that damage with Bide. That is a very powerful combination to the point Goodra can even KO pokemon that it shouldn't be able to win against, like Shota's Slurpuff. This is further reinforced with how status effects are of little use against Goodra because of Rain Dance + Hydration. So Bisharp has no choice but to go in for the jugular. Bisharp will assuredly KO Goodra, but Goodra isn't going down without taking its opponent with it.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
And if the fans had it their way, Hawlucha would have swept the floor with Tyranitar, Weavile and Bisharp before being taken out by Metagross.

Weavile would have beat Hawlucha by game logic tbh.

Anyway, I think Ash wins the league and gets kidnapped during the ceremony. It's only logical.

Red Pheonix

Anyway, I think Ash wins the league and gets kidnapped during the ceremony. It's only logical.

Can we apply any logic if Alain wins? I can't seem to figure it out. Where are the skepticts when you need one?

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I think that's because Lysandre believes he could be defeated at his hands since he's done so before.

But that was when Zard was a Charmeleon. Lysandre trusts him enough at this point to fend off against the Primals and protect his group from a wild Zygarde. EX-Flare Alain would be a great detriment.

_Dog

Yeah, because that is totally going to happen. They don't give a damn what some people in their late teens to early 30's think. This show is just market for the games.

Never underestimate the power of the fans, bud. Sports teams for one are nothing without their fans. No franchise, series, group, or person can keep moving along without its supporters. Those fans also have the power to influence others on whom to support, including their own children. It would be unwise to for any person or company to do something that'll drive the fans away.

I also reckon that those "some people in their late teens to early 30's" make up a bigger demographic than you think. That was the case with the games, I think. As far as I know, the only demographic that Pokémon is currently struggling with are Japanese children, partly thanks to the rise of Yokai Watch (Pokémon is still king everywhere else, especially with Pokémon GO's smashing success). To stay the course with the anime would pretty much alienate that demographic away (and could even prevent their children from watching the show), and I doubt it'll do anything to draw in Japanese children and benefit the ratings. That was certainly the case with the transition from DP to BW. I cannot see how staying with the status quo will do the show any good commercially. The only people that would continue to watch the show are whom I call the status quo apologists (like Alexander18), and that number is certainly lower than the combined demographics the show has now.

I think what happens two days from now will be very important for the anime's future and thus its viewers. I reckon that the majority of fans want Ash to win this, especially long-time viewers.

Epicocity

Nah, not the ceremony, because it directly says that Ash and the others go to figure out what's going on. So, they'd likely leave the stadium.

shadowF

so I guess Ash finally wins the pokemon league, seeing as we wont have the pokemon league in Aloha then that means Ash can win the league and still go on to his journey as well. Or does anyone still see Alain having a chance to win?

Janovy

Banned
Two days.

Whatever happens, whether it's a win or a loss, the meltdown will be fun to observe. I'm kinda excited to see what happens.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Two days.

Whatever happens, whether it's a win or a loss, the meltdown will be fun to observe. I'm kinda excited to see what happens.

As someone who is fully prepared and has accepted the possibility of Ash losing, the reactions either way will be fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.