• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
In before it was a dream the whole time. Because why the hell not :p

Epicocity

No need to freak out over those words. If Ash is being kidnapped, then it is a big deal regardless of whether he is the champ or not.

How many times has he been kidnapped? Maybe a few times, and usually as part of a group. Yeah, if I were in the universe, win or lose, I'd be surprised that Ash is a target over anyone else. Why Ash? Why not Alain? Squishy? Diantha? Sycamore? Just because he won a League doesn't mean anything in terms of being captured. Besides, I get the feeling, in some respect, that these summaries are written based on these episodes and not the ones before. Just a guess, though.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
The people in this forum: Ash gets kidnapped nobody cares; Ash wins the League and everybody loses their minds lol

Edit: Ash-Greninja'd.

Billybo10K

Silent Trainer
Well it's not like Ash hasn't been kidnapped before in the anime in general. With the amount of times people and Pokemon in his companion group have been kidnapped over the years, it makes me a little desensitized to the whole idea.

Winning a league is another ballgame altogether since we've not seen him in the final 2 before, so fingers, paws and everything crossed that the fanbase has a positive reaction tomorrow as opposed to the drying up of all the water in the world due to the salt being too much to control.

Garbodor.

How many times has he been kidnapped? Maybe a few times, and usually as part of a group. Yeah, if I were in the universe, win or lose, I'd be surprised that Ash is a target over anyone else. Why Ash? Why not Alain? Squishy? Diantha? Sycamore? Just because he won a League doesn't mean anything in terms of being captured. Besides, I get the feeling, in some respect, that these summaries are written based on these episodes and not the ones before. Just a guess, though.

Exactly. Also, most importantly, he is the main character. Him getting kidnapped is a big deal regardless. We're not talking about him being kidnapped by Team rocket trio, but this the XYZ's "evil" team. This will automatically be a big deal in my book, regardless of his league position. Heck, Lysander is clearly interested in his Ash-Greninja, this will not change regardless of the league outcome.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
The people in this forum: Ash gets kidnapped nobody cares; Ash wins the League and everybody loses their minds lol

To be fair, Ash winning the League is something that people have been waiting 20 years for. In the event of Ash being captured, he would just be rescued anyway at most a couple of episodes later.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.

I knew earlier in the thread, there were people excited and hyped that Ash is going to get kidnapped. Some were saying that it was the first time a threat (not Team Rocket) taking the main character. I don't need to explain why people are still losing their minds if Ash wins the League and I'm one of them.

#1PokemonFan

I know I am mentioned this before but I still have a guy who thinks its confirmed that Ash wins based off the title of this episode yet it clearly does not say who wins and he says it does. UGH....

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Clearly the writers wanted to give Ash his own version of a Mega, but wanted to use a Pokémon that could potentially become more marketable than something expected, like Charizard. We get Ash-Greninja as a result, and bam. Ash ends up in the finals.

LizardonX

Banned
Greninja's popularity was completely engineered. First they tap into that primal love of ninjas that every kid has deep down inside, then they make the ugly as sin Delphox to stand next to it making everyone look better by comparison, they put him into smash before the games were even released, and gave it the most broken ability since wonder guard with the stats and movepool to back it up with.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Greninja's popularity was completely engineered. First they tap into that primal love of ninjas that every kid has deep down inside, then they make the ugly as sin Delphox to stand next to it making everyone look better by comparison, they put him into smash before the games were even released, and gave it the most broken ability since wonder guard with the stats and movepool to back it up with.

I'm sensing a lot of salt here since it seems like your favorite lizard is likely biting the dust.

Litleonid

Honestly, I can't see why they wouldn't have Mega Charizard X lose once more by the end. Its not invincible. Even Tobias' Dakrai fell in battle.

Holy157

Am I one of the few who likes Alain being Ash's final opponent?

I liked his character from the start, standing on the other end of the spectrum then Ash without being rude like Paul was. He was shown as a strong trainer from the start with his Zard-X. It was clear that they would battle around this time early on. Alain wasn't portayed as a bad guy, so I really couldn't see him battling Ash if he was aware of what TF was doing. Having too much time between their battles seemed unreasonable as well, which really only left the League. Only doubt I had was how Alain would get to the League, both in him obtaining the badges and his motivation.

Alain's sexy voice might have played a role in why I liked Alain so much, and wanted him to be in the finals.

I would have prefer it if the writers made Ash get a random Pokemon who can Mega envolve instead of a Special Froakie who can transform. It just feels wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.