• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 18th: XY&Z038 - Kalos League Victory! Ash's Ultimate Match!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axl-fox

Generic Cave Bat
I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I always felt like Alain was a bit...Too perfect, as a trainer. I think its why I've always wanted to see him lose.

Nope, Im sure a big deal of the people who commented on this thread feel the same way, the only thing keeping him from being a perfect gary stu is that he's completely misguided.

Hell, some of the people here are only rooting for Ash just so he can end Alain's record of sweeping throu every living thing that crosses his way.

Litleonid

I agree honestly, he almost fits the gary stu role to a tee and there is just no way they can him go that way the whole series.
Nope, Im sure a big deal of the people who commented on this thread feel the same way, the only thing keeping him from being a perfect gary stu is that he's completely misguided.

Hell, some of the people here are only rooting for Ash just so he can end Alain's record of sweeping throu every living thing that crosses his way.
He has some obvious personality flaws, like he's rather distant, he pushes others away from him a bit rudely, he's gotten cocky, and he is easily deceived. I don't want to call him an actual Gary Stu, but he's probably one of the characters that come closer to that status than some. I'd really like to see the writers show that he's not perfect and I really want to see how he'd handle losing to Ash, after such a long period of time without a loss.

And yeah, while I am rooting for Ash because he is the protagonist and a part of my childhood, a large part of why I also want him to win is just to end Alain's near perfect record.

What is he...27W-1L-2U(Undecided cause of Lysandre interrupting Alain vs. Steven, and Ash vs. Alain #3 from Ash fainting.) I think he beat Ash twice, Astrid, someone with a Mega Bannette, 9 random trainers, Malva, 8 Gym Leaders, Trevor, Remo, and 3 other trainers in the league.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
... So, if I wanted to watch this episode streamed live tomorrow, where would I watch it?

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Just want to let everybody know that the episode is going to air on 6:55PM JP time. For those in the United States:

PT: 2:55AM
MT: 3:55AM
CT: 4:55AM
ET: 5:55AM

Not too long ago, Japan started airing Pokemon episodes 5 minutes before the top of the hour of 7PM.
For those in Europe, expect the episode to air in the afternoon (12:55PM, 1:55PM, 2:55PM, depending on where you live in Europe).

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Out of curiosity at what point in the episode do all of you think the battle will end? Will there be any celebration for whomever (hopefully Ash) wins? How much time will be devoted to TF prep? I personally would like the battle to conclude only a few minutes before the end of the episode, and then just as the winner is about to receive his trophy, TF launches its operation.

DotKU

Champion
The discussion about one guy's friend apparently "knowing" the results made me think how PK knew all he's known a whole while before anything was officially shown.
What if PK was involved with the actual sho-- nah nevermind.

Whatever happens tomorrow, I hope Ash wins. I tried staying on the side of him losing for so long to keep my expectations in check, but really we are so close to something that has never happened. It actually seems like IT CAN FINALLY HAPPEN. Good luck Ash!

They will probably use the XYZ song. A shame cause i wanted Motto Motto Type Wild like in Ash Vs Paul. That one is Ash song

Honestly I think there's a chance Volt might be used here. But XYZ is appropriate since it is Ash and Greninja's theme.

Litleonid

I'm thinking the battle itself is going to be about 16 minutes, with the last 3 minutes dedicated to the award ceremony, Ash and co. interactions, and Team Flare kicking off their plan.

why do people want a tie?
I'd be okay with one because I'd much rather see Ash tie with Alain than lose to him. At least Mega Charizard X fainted and that's all that matters to me.

MegaSalamence05

Final prediction about this episode. Just a side note first I'm just happy to see an entire fanbase revitalized once again. Hope for a great battle now onto the prediction.

Pikachu vs. Charizard - Pikachu does land another attack I'm going to guess a quick attack which leads into an iron tail leading into dragon claw from Charizard for the victory.

Goodra vs. Bisharp - Ends in a tie. With Goodra dodging Guillotine and showing movement (here's hoping) I want to Ice Beam used to Immobilise Bisharp like in the Wulfric battle.

Ash Greninja vs. Mega Charizard X - Ash Greninja is left on one knee while MCX is knocked out by Orange Shuriken of Destruction. Giving Ash the rightful title as Kalos League Champion.
Regardless of what ever happens I'm very pleased that Ash for the first time in history made it to this position at the doorstep of history. Win or Lose no one here can argue that Ash regardless of skipped battles has performed at his best albeit shaky like usual in spurts. Well done Kalos League regardless of outcome you made one fan very pleased.

sheld999

I'm thinking the battle itself is going to be about 16 minutes, with the last 3 minutes dedicated to the award ceremony, Ash and co. interactions, and Team Flare kicking off their plan.

I'd be okay with one because I'd much rather see Ash tie with Alain than lose to him. At least Mega Charizard X fainted and that's all that matters to me.

a tie isn't a big deal and doesn't usually happen alot either. it be still very cool to see it tho

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
Because apparently a tie is better then losing to most people... idk what else to say to that

This...
And I think people are curious about what the anime would do in the case of a tie in a battle of such importance ?

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Because apparently a tie is better then losing to most people... idk what else to say to that

I think people are looking for results rather than a good battle. A tie is better for Ash than a loss in terms of how well he did, and people here seems to be obsessed at how well Ash will do in this league... I mean I have already stated constantly why I don't think getting obsessed with the result is a good thing, but whatever. Let them do what they want to do, I don't want to be treated as the antagonist (although I already am technically.)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I think people are looking for results rather than a good battle. A tie is better for Ash than a loss in terms of how well he did, and people here seems to be obsessed at how well Ash will do in this league... I mean I have already stated constantly why I don't think getting obsessed with the result is a good thing, but whatever. Let them do what they want to do, I don't want to be treated as the antagonist (although I already am technically.)

Well I mean ash literally came to kalos to win the league and people have been waiting for this for almost 20 years now.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Well I mean ash literally came to kalos to win the league and people have been waiting for this for almost 20 years now.

Yea we all want to see Ash win, but some people here seems to be a bit too desperate on wanting to see it... we still have to have a good episode in terms of plot and progression, and a tie usually will not do that (the writers can pull off a good tie, but I highly doubt it).

Literally people need to stop worrying about the outcome of this match. It is clear that Ash will win it. First of all, there is no way in heck that Ash would lose to THE SAME trainer on three/four different occasions, without a single victory. On top of that, Ash-Greninja is going to literally smash the poop out of Mega Lizard with it's Fire Shuriken. And then to top it all off, I am willing to pay every single user on this site $10 each if Ash loses. The writers would NOT do that, this is their best chance to maximize profits. And there are NO gyms in Alola, so it's now or never. And I believe 100% that Ash will without a doubt defeat Alain.

Pikachu vs Charizard - Charizard
Goodra vs Bisharp - Bisharp
Greninja vs Bisharp - Greninja
Ash-Greninja vs Mega Charizard X - Ash-Greninja

Ash WILL win the Kalos League, end of story.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Another thing is....aside from flare kidnapping ash after losing not making much sense....would they really do that to ash's character? That would just be the definition of adding insult to injury if he loses and directly after gets captured and has to be saved...potentially by alain?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Each outcome is going to be legendary tbh.

If Ash wins: it's an end of a looooong era.
If Ash loses: this place is going to be so salty another ocean will be christened.
If the match is interrupted by Team Flare: which it will be, and my prediction will be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.