• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 25th: XY&Z039 - Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Ash is finally catching that Houndour. He's going to wreck Alola with M-Houndoom. One of Johto's sins atoned for at last.

Houndoom has a mega evolution so it can't evolve. Plus it makes sense for him to catch a gen 7 pokemon in Alola and not a gen 2 pokemon.

It was not like me because I was speculating before Goodra was actually confirmed.

Dude, I don't want to sound condescending, but they're being hella facetious. It's all just a big joke-IMO, one in bad taste-they're not being serious.

Anyways, agreed on this being the Flare beginning. Kinda sad, because it limits Ash vs Alain to either 2 parter or 2 1/2 parter at the most, and I was kinda expecting a way more longer, epic battle for his Top 2 battle.

So that's Lord Trollbias, me and about 60 other users who believe in #Houndgroom

That settles it, Ash is catching that Houndour for sure. That many people can't be wrong.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So that's Lord Trollbias, me and about 60 other users who believe in #Houndgroom

That settles it, Ash is catching that Houndour for sure. That many people can't be wrong.

That is not fact since there is no proof of it. Team Flare have been known to use Houndour so we probably see them use it.

Dear lord this joke is of such terrifying quality, I honestly think that it makes Best Wishes' league look like a shining star.

although I wouldn't be opposed to Houndgroom/Mega Houndoom if it happened

Epicocity

Dude, I don't want to sound condescending, but they're being hella facetious. It's all just a big joke-IMO, one in bad taste-they're not being serious.

Anyways, agreed on this being the Flare beginning. Kinda sad, because it limits Ash vs Alain to either 2 parter or 2 1/2 parter at the most, and I was kinda expecting a way more longer, epic battle for his Top 2 battle.

I can understand a battle not being beyond 2 1/2 episodes. That would essentially be a long drawn out fight between two Pokemon for a ridiculous length of time. Regardless, the longest battle to date has still been Ash vs. Paul, and that was the same length, though I can understand why you'd want it longer. To me, 2 1/2 seems enough if it goes almost all the way through that and doesn't focus as much on the peanut gallery.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Alexander18, I suggest you ignore their posts and speculate on what you'd like to see in this yet to be titled episode. They're clearly being sarcastic, even if you aren't talking to them.

I feel like this obviously has to do with Team Flare, yet I find it odd that the arc's happening right at the end of the league. Oh well, I'm still hoping for a good buildup to the finale of this arc.

I would love to see Mega Gyarados in action by the way.

Anyone like the pic in my signature?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Page 5, 6 and 7:

http://i.imgur.com/ivfc5GG.jpg

Super Fierce Fight 2: Team Flare's plans are revealed!

Up until now, Team Flare has operated in secret. But we will finally learn their true goal! Let us first examine what they've been doing so far.

The members of Team Flare:
The key figures in the organization are these two!
Lysandre: The director of Team Flare. He attempts to use the powers of the Zygarde Core called "Z2" for the sake of his own ambitions.
Xerosic: A scientist researching Z2 and Mega Evolution Energy. A loyal subordinate of Lysandre.

Malva: Works as a reporter at the Kalos League. She seems to have some sort of connection to Lysandre.

Three Mysteries:
What are the actions and incidents Team Flare have been responsible for so far...?

1 - The capture of Z2: Z2 is another Zygarde Core that looks just like Squishy. It has been caught by Team Flare and Xerosic has been using its powers for his experiments.
2 - Mega Evolution Energy: Thanks to Lysandre, Alan has been gathering Mega Evolution Energy through battling. Opponents that have mastered Mega Evolution all seem to be extremely powerful.
3 - The megalith from the Hoenn Region: A shining stone that hides enormous energy. Team Flare discovered it underground in the Hoenn region and took it away in order to research it.

http://i.imgur.com/g4GsRC1.jpg

What are Team Flare' ambitions!?
Just what does Team Flare aim to do with the legendary Pokémon Zygarde's powers? When will the two Zygarde, and the complete Perfect Forme, make their appearances!? The decisive battle the entire Kalos region gets involved in finally begins!!

Markerz

I'm glad Malva's appearance is to be more than 'just a reporter,' though I suppose her association with Team Flare from the games would've made that slightly obvious.

Last edited:

AuraKshatriya

Not particularly surprising that Team Flare attacks Lumiose, given the brief Zygarde 100% segment in post-Wulfric opening and the general progression of the plot.

That said, having the villainous team attack during/right after a League in B/W was in my opinion the apex of the series' ability to establish the evil team as a threat - having them infringe upon the very main objective of the player, rather than being defeated and swiftly sidelined for it.

Interestingly enough, Alain is standing alongside Ash and co. and looks fairly determined and/or disdainful; this suggests he will side with them rather than Team Flare. While this is in direct contradiction with the opening (where he stands alongside Team Flare and just in front of Z-2), it does make sense to some extent since he was under the impression Mega Evolution Energy was being collected for a peaceful use, rather than being weaponized.

...That said, it still doesn't really absolve him of attacking and aiding in the capture of Z-2, which is itself a sentient Pokemon that was clearly to be used for experiments against its will. The fact Alain showed no remorse whatsoever is still pretty jarring.

I'll definitely have to try and avoid subsequent posts here until the League concludes, though. While it's following a path that was fairly obvious, having already spoiled half of Alain's team is starting to risk ruining the final battle. Thanks for the posts, though, Dephender! The fact you're always sure to transcribe every detail is quite the privilege.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
When was attack 1??

Xuxuba

I hope they won't ban this episode after the terrorist attacks that just happened in France.

I know what happened was terrible, but baning episodes just because they have similarities with horrible real-life events won't solve anything.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I hope they won't ban this episode after the terrorist attacks that just happened in France.

I know what happened was terrible, but baning episodes just because they have similarities with horrible real-life events won't solve anything.

If Japan bans an episode, it usually an incident that happens close at home. Plus, I'm sure that they are aware of the events going on in France when developing these episodes. Shortly around the time that XY&Z started, France already had a major terrorist attack. They were still likely in development for the League episodes as well as Team Flare, so the fact they continued with the Lumoise City connection tells me we should be fine for now.

If anything, it is more likely that a good chunk of the episodes of XYZ will be banned in France rather than Japan preventing their viewers from enjoying their show due to the recent French terrorist incidents. The USA banned episodes that bears too much resemblance to 9/11 attack, but I do not recall Japan banning those episodes as well.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Status
Not open for further replies.