• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 25th: XY&Z039 - Team Flare Attacks! The Zygarde at the Prism Tower!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZettaSlowKing

Honestly, now that I've had some time to shake off the League salt. I think it'd be really cool for Alain to be the one to stand up to Lysandre.

Bold Predictions for TF Arc:
-Z2 goes on a rampage, attacking the city.
-Ash and Alain meet Lysandre who manipulates Alain into helping him via Mairin.
-Squishy and Z2 begin their battle.
-Ash gets used as human battery while Alain tries to convince himself he did the right thing.
-Squishy gets turned to the dark side after a battle with Z2.
-Serena and co. save Ash, who battles Mega Gyarados until Lysandre leaves off to further his plans. Bonus: Ash falls off the Prism Tower again, but Greninja saves him this time.
-Clemont battles Xerosic and (hopefully) Blaziken Mask and him team up and get Team Flare out of the tower.
-Alain meets up with Malva/Mairin/Ash and Alain realizes that he can't push people away and protect them at the same time.
-If Ash, then we get Greninja vs. Charizard in a battle of convictions, where Alain realizes the above lesson.
-Lysandre goes completely crazy and gets a hold of Zygarde's 100% forme, with Ash and co. on their way to confront him.
-Everyone tries to battle Perfect Zygarde to calm it down, but to no avail.
-Alain, realizing what really matters, stands up to Lysandre and defeats him through the power of friendship.
-Ash and Greninja deal the final blow on Zygarde Complete Forme through the Water Shuriken of friendship.
-Zygarde persists but Bonnie gets to Squishy, allowing it to reason with Z2 and finally stop attacking humanity.
-Peace returns to Lumiose, Z2 and Squishy leave for parts unknown.
-Alain thanks Ash and his friends before walking off into the sunset with Mairin.
-The Journey Continues.

Done with thinking about the League at this point. Doesn't do any good really. Just looking forward to what could
be a really different arc in terms of the Pokemon Anime.

Also. Pokeballs out for Goodra. RIP.

Last edited:

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Well, this is completely messed up. Not only does Ash losing the league sting, but seeing him and his team being hoisted into the air like trophies for Team Flare is just saddening.

Alain better do something about this. He can't just stand by when a person he's admired is being tortured like so. It's only a matter of time before he snaps.

Also, Lysandre has a great plan going for him, but I'm still unsure as to WHAT exactly he desires from Ash? The Bond Phenomenon energy? We already know that it's undetectable compared to Mega Evolution energy unless both Ash and Greninja's pulses are intertwined, but I don't know if he'll be able to figure that out.

Okay, seriously, can I just get this whole arc before I have to go back to school?

Forlorn

Online 24/7
In one of the previews we can see Serena inside of a helicopter, so I guess Steven will get involved. Would be nice if Diantha and the Kalos gym leaders also stepped in; a massive civil war would ensue...

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Speaking of Goodra, can we just take a moment to appreciate what a f*cking trooper it is? Came back just to help Ash in the League, and, after a less-than-stellar performance, ends up kidnapped and crucified alongside the others. Poor thing didn't sign up for this s***, but you know it'll take it all without complaint. Screw Greninja, Goodra's the real MVP of XY.
Agreed!! But Ash-Greninja's arc was better handled. :) His Pokémon are very loyal to him.
Honestly, now that I've had some time to shake off the League salt. I think it'd be really cool for Alain to be the one to stand up to Lysandre.

Bold Predictions for TF Arc:
-Z2 goes on a rampage, attacking the city.
-Ash and Alain meet Lysandre who manipulates Alain into helping him via Mairin.
-Squishy and Z2 begin their battle.
-Ash gets used as human battery while Alain tries to convince himself he did the right thing.
-Squishy gets turned to the dark side after a battle with Z2.
-Serena and co. save Ash, who battles Mega Gyarados until Lysandre leaves off to further his plans. Bonus: Ash falls off the Prism Tower again, but Greninja saves him this time.
-Clemont battles Xerosic and (hopefully) Blaziken Mask and him team up and get Team Flare out of the tower.
-Alain meets up with Malva/Mairin/Ash and Alain realizes that he can't push people away and protect them at the same time.
-If Ash, then we get Greninja vs. Charizard in a battle of convictions, where Alain realizes the above lesson.
-Lysandre goes completely crazy and gets a hold of Zygarde's 100% forme, with Ash and co. on their way to confront him.
-Everyone tries to battle Perfect Zygarde to calm it down, but to no avail.
-Alain, realizing what really matters, stands up to Lysandre and defeats him through the power of friendship.
-Ash and Greninja deal the final blow on Zygarde Complete Forme through the Water Shuriken of friendship.
-Zygarde persists but Bonnie gets to Squishy, allowing it to reason with Z2 and finally stop attacking humanity.
-Peace returns to Lumiose, Z2 and Squishy leave for parts unknown.
-Alain thanks Ash and his friends before walking off into the sunset with Mairin.
-The Journey Continues.

Done with thinking about the League at this point. Doesn't do any good really. Just looking forward to what could
be a really different arc in terms of the Pokemon Anime.

Also. Pokeballs out for Goodra. RIP.
WHAT THE HELL?!?!

I liked the predictions though Serena and co can't handle the powerhouse Pyroar since her Pokémon in general are low leveled (they barely fought). She'll probably go with Champion Daigo and he'll help her out. Bonnie will go after Puni chan and get caught up in the battle between Puni and Z2 which'll have Puni chan mind controlled in the end and captured. Also I still want to see Alan and Manon (with Hari san in the back) riding Mega Charizard X in the sunset at the end but it'll only be a dream.
I bet Professor Sycamore will get in with all the action. ;)

Alain better do something about this. He can't just stand by when a person he's admired is being tortured like so. It's only a matter of time before he snaps.
He's been showing signs of snapping every time he feels threatened.

ZettaSlowKing

I liked the predictions though Serena and co can't handle the powerhouse Pyroar since her Pokémon in general are low leveled (they barely fought). She'll probably go with Champion Daigo and he'll help her out.

Whoops. I shoulda worded that better. No way Serena's figthing Lysandre. I was just thinking it'd be Pikachu and Greninja from what we saw in the preview. My bad~
Didn't consider Steven though. Could totally see him making an appearance as well.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Screw the league, here we go "The Passion of the Ketchum"!

I could take the messiah symbolism with Superman but Ash is where I drawn the line.

Though I am looking forward to see what Lysandre does to Ash during the experiments.

U.N. Owen

Come now. Ash is not even religious material.

But we could make considerable progress if Lysandre accidentally found out why the kid hasn't aged.

Lysandre could give him brain damage and justify a reset in the next series. Experimentation isn't a pleasant experience.

As for Ash being religious material, see my post.

nickdt

What do you guys think is going to happen with Team Rocket if they see Ash in this state. I think they will side with the Good Guys to take on Team Flare in a desperate attempt to save Ash. I think that especially James wants to save Ash, since he seems to respect him and they have to do something to give him rooting for Ash a follow up.

U.N. Owen

What do you guys think is going to happen with Team Rocket if they see Ash in this state. I think they will side with the Good Guys to take on Team Flare in a desperate attempt to save Ash. I think that especially James wants to save Ash, since he seems to respect him and they have to do something to give him rooting for Ash a follow up.

I'd say they'd save him. TRio would probably say they'd be out of a job if anything terrible happened to Ash. Unfortunately, they still have a bunch of Zygarde vines and grunts to go through.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate

James respecting Ash is really a good touch. I think Team Rocket is going to somehow be involved in saving Ash because like Meowth said, "We're going to be running out of show business if you are not around."

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Save the guy, obviously. While they have this impossible idea of them being the only ones to take him down, they generally dislike other villain teams by default.

And then, watch TRio get blasted off by TF again.

WaterTypeWarrior

Yeah, TR will definitely be helping Ash out here. They're very rarely okay with anything bad happening to him unless they're the ones causing it. Funny how, in some ways, TR is actually just as supportive of Ash as his friends are. It's kinda heartwarming.

satopi

This Thursday Satoshi's life will be suffering on a whole new level. Poor guy, why do the writers hate him so much?

Because he isn't Alan.

Also, I like the idea of the TRio helping to rescue Ash. James has always been a good guy at heart. :) And yeah, they need Ash for it's their job to stal- I mean catch Pikachu for Giovanni.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
Because he isn't Alan.

Also, I like the idea of the TRio helping to rescue Ash. James has always been a good guy at heart. :) And yeah, they need Ash for it's their job to stal- I mean catch Pikachu for Giovanni.

James really does have some good traits in having a good heart. No Ash means TRio would have to be written off, and plus, Japan really loves TRio.

U.N. Owen

Because he isn't Alan.

More like it's because he's more marketable. TRio wouldn't be able to steal Pikachu if both are dead.

satopi

James really does have some good traits in having a good heart. No Ash means TRio would have to be written off, and plus, Japan really loves TRio.

Yeah, James is one of my top favorite characters! <3
Yeah they do, I don't blame them. TR usually has the best focus episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.