• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
Hope Manon returns in this episode. Tomioka has directed three of the best episodes in this series (ME ACT III, XY060, and XY094), so I have faith.

Last edited by a moderator:

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Serebii forums has this amazing feature, that you should know about it. Not sure why you don't know about it but let me guide you to it.

Next to my Avatar is thing that says my username, click on it and it should bring up some options. Go to my profile. On the left side, you should see my name, and below it you will see my user rank, and then my Avatar. Below that, there is something that says "Add user to ignore list"

You should then be sent to a new page that says "Are you sure you want to add dman_dustin to your ignore list" click yes.

And use this feature for people, who you don't believe have the right to have an opinion, like me.

Then you can enjoy the forums, without worrying about you own inability to ignore my posts, that "somehow" triggers you so much.

The more you know.

Oh and to respond to something you said in relation to this episode:

Um....no. Clemont's Chespin getting lost has NO bearing on Alain vs Ash even if the character IS Mairin, because even if Mairin breaks down and cries at the sight of a Chespin to explain what's going on with her, it could've happened just by the sheer sight of Chespin.

But even so, I still would have a problem believing Mairin would visit Alain at the league, unless everything is happening at Lumiose City. Furthermore, this "plot" could've happened AFTER the league, unless it was specifically Lysandre, who tells Alain to purposely lose the battle against Ash but even then it didn't involve Clemont's Chespin getting LOST.

You know what? I'm sorry. No, really, I am sorry. I shouldn't have gotten riled up in the first place. You can say what you want about this episode as I can say what I want. I just shouldn't have attacked you for it.

I'd just like to know what you think would be so filler-esque about it. Aside from the initial summaries of course.

Again, I'm sorry.

dman_dustin

Either way, can't we all just be impressed by the fact that this episode is about a cast Pokemon besides Ash-Greninja?
You mean Ash's Pokemon because despite popular belief, Ash does have more than just Pikachu and Ash-Greninja. I know everyone likes to pretend he doesn't. But there's Goodra, Noivern, Hawlucha, Talonflame.

Goodra and Noivern being lost together would've been awesome though because at least then it would've been an ASH episode.

But NO, it can't all be about Ash, Ash nor his Pokemon should get ALL of the focus in the league after ALL those battles he participated in. Serena and Clemont need focus, despite the fact, Ash sat pretty during Serena's master Class competition, no, no, can't have Serena and Clemont doing nothing at all.

I'd just like to know what you think would be so filler-esque about it. Aside from the initial summaries of course.

The same thing that makes MOST of the first league episode ....filler (yes even the Alain vs Trevor because of the way it was handled.

Unnecessary and unneeded waste of time about Chespin being lost.

I would perfectly fine with an Alain-centric episode, if Ash hadn't been screwed over already more than enough times. I mean I guess since Ash had his big 2 episodes, Sorry Sawyer and Ash's 2 big episode, back to focusing on people not named Ash with unneeded and unnecesary focus.

Even if it's Iris, Oak, Delia, someone connected to Ash, it didn't need to be "Chespin getting lost" I know "Pikachu getting lost" wouldn't be that much better, but the point is they are focusing on Clemont's Chespin, whether it be for 1 minute or 22 minutes or anything in between.

Why was it necessary?

You know I get, I'm not that stupid to understand the writers DO whatever the hell they want, but I fail to see why I HAVE to be happy about it? The fact no one here has any control over the series, gives people the right to criticize the choices made. If any of us did, we'd be less justified in complaining, since we would've allowed this to happen, so why are we complaining in this hypothetical situation.

EVERYONE READ THIS: I cannot do anything about what happens in the show. I have no choice but to ultimately accept what happens on this show. But don't force your opinions or beliefs on me, and say that I have to be happy about it, or that I have to right to complain or criticize. You can disagree with me, and that's fine. BUT STOP making this personal.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
I'm just going to take a wait and see approach to this episode, the description worries me, but the writer has done good episodes, so I'll give it a chance.

Soniman

Break the Limit
You know what....NO! I was trying to be optimistic for the league opener, I ended up right (in my perspective).

I was really optimistic for the next episode, because HEY! Hawlucha was going to defeat Absol, I had hope for that episode.....crushed horribly.

Everyone forgets that Tomioka wrote the Sawsbuck episode in Unova.

So no, I don't care if Mairin shows up here, and she's here for Alain's battle, and gets to meet Ash (someone she was impressed).

I'm still going to say this episode is completely unnecessary and filler even if Alain vs Ash begins. So NOPE, I don't care. I've given up on the league outside of animation and the battles themselves.

If you wanted anymore proof the definition of "filler" has been skewed and twisted into something that's lost its original meaning...

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
If you wanted anymore proof the definition of "filler" has been skewed and twisted into something that's lost its original meaning...

Okay...but honestly anything that isnt battling at the league really is literally just filler.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Okay...but honestly anything that isnt battling at the league really is literally just filler.

ITS something most people don't want to see.

That does not make it filler, that's just an episode people don't like

dman_dustin

By the way, in case you didn't see it, I edited my last post.

If the writers have every right to skip battles because they have feel its unnecessary and not needed, then logically as a viewer I personally (FOR MYSELF, not for other people, HENCE differing opinions) can then decide what's filler or not (for me), because if they don't care, then I don't care, nor was I obligated to care to begin with. Don't care about what other people think is filler for them and what's not filler for them in this instance.

You want me to care or be happy about Chespin being lost.....oh never mind, it's too late, burned that bridge in the last episode, with Astrid's Mega Absol being one shotted, JUST like Sawyer's Shelgon in that one episode.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
ITS something most people don't want to see.

That does not make it filler, that's just an episode people don't like

In context to the league though, IT is filler. We didnt get some random episode where ash went off going to catch a pokemon in the middle of the tripokalon, people would have said that is filler.

Where do you suggest they develop the characters then? The league can't be all battling.

DSDark

Breeder
Where do you suggest they develop the characters then? The league can't be all battling.

Yes, it absolutely can be all battling. Character develop should be done at this point in the story. All Ash's pokemon have had their developments whatever they may be, so have serena's and so have clement's.
If have to have development you can doing while they are battling. You had that back in DP league with basically every battle.

Navin

MALDREAD
If an important character returns and/or what Chespin finds is directly related to the Team Flare arc, or we see scenes of Alain defeating Louis, then yes, it is non-filler. That's final. It may be not an essential non-filler like I have listed on the watch list thread, but it's still a non-filler episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

dman_dustin

In context to the league though, IT is filler. We didnt get some random episode where ash went off going to catch a pokemon in the middle of the tripokalon, people would have said that is filler.

As Ash is my favorite character, I honestly have to agree with this sentiment (if you mean the Master Class, or anything for that matter) then yes it would objectively suck for something like this to happen to a female traveling companion.

Even if I were to maybe agree that the league shouldn't all be about battling, it doesn't have to deal with a character that has no business getting focus DURING the league, just like how Axew did NOT have any business getting focus in the Unova league.

Yes, it absolutely can be all battling. Character develop should be done at this point in the story. All Ash's pokemon have had their developments whatever they may be, so have serena's and so have clement's.
If have to have development you can doing while they are battling. You had that back in DP league with basically every battle.

You guys should try to see it from the writers point of view. They work really hard and do their best. If they feel that Chespin needs development I trust them.

They're basically the Gods of the Pokemon world.

Soniman

Break the Limit
By the way, in case you didn't see it, I edited my last post.

If the writers have every right to skip battles because they have feel its unnecessary and not needed, then logically as a viewer I personally (FOR MYSELF, not for other people, HENCE differing opinions) can then decide what's filler or not (for me), because if they don't care, then I don't care, nor was I obligated to care to begin with. Don't care about what other people think is filler for them and what's not filler for them in this instance.

You want me to care or be happy about Chespin being lost.....oh never mind, it's too late, burned that bridge in the last episode, with Astrid's Mega Absol being one shotted, JUST like Sawyer's Shelgon in that one episode.

Sorry, it doesn't work like that. Why is it so hard for you to just sat you dislike the episode? Why do you have to attach a complete false term onto it? This episode is not filler under its definition, stop calling it as such

Then they would still be wrong because THAT STILL ISNT S FILLER EPISODE, just a badly placed one

phanpycross

God-king
If this is a set-up episode, why not have it around top 8/16 and have Ash battle somebody in the background?

This placement is shocking.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Sorry, it doesn't work like that. Why is it so hard for you to just sat you dislike the episode? Why do you have to attach a complete false term onto it? This episode is not filler under its definition, stop calling it as such

Okay, then it's not filler. It's a bad idea for an episode.

Look guys. It's simple. The time this episode comes around we've had four (!) episodes of constant battling. We need some rest, otherwise we can't take all the battling.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
@dman_dustin: I read your edits and agreed, and I will no longer try to attack you based on your opinions. I can agree based on the current context that this episode could be somewhat pointless now, but maybe has more meaning in the long run. Like I said, the plot could develop, but it's too early to tell.

Also, did you accept my apology? I'm seriously feeling really, really bad about lashing out at you.

Anyways, there's little to go off from this episode. It makes me wonder if we'll even get images from it in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.