• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
If this is a set-up episode, why not have it around top 8/16 and have Ash battle somebody in the background?

This placement is shocking.

This. That's the real issue here, had this happened towards the beginning it wouldn't be so bad.

But to place it before the big showdown with Alain? Just what the hell..

Soniman

Break the Limit
If this is before Ash in the finals it doesn't come as a shock that they might want to give some build up to it. This IS a big occasion for Ash after all so they might not want to jump into it right away

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Calm down, fans.
The summary has never said Chespin gets lost during the battle. Excitement=/=Battle

Don't forget that this episode is written by Astuhiro Tomioka.

If this is before Ash in the finals it doesn't come as a shock that they might want to give some build up to it. This US a big occasion for Ash after all

It's really not. We might feel that way, but the writers don't care about the league. They want to get to team Flare asap.

diakyu

LOL yeah the guy who basically wrote the TF and Puni-chan plot for this show and did both the Ash vs Alain fights has decided to spend his time on a filler episode instead of oh I don't know, actually working on the final Ash vs Alain fight and the TF climax. It's clear as day this is going to set something up. The only unfortunate thing here is that he used a similar plot element to get the ball rolling that seemed to have assaulted a few members mentally in the BW league.

Edit: Wait, he did most of the main plot episodes in this saga and the movies. So he's the lead writer? And people are still mad?

Last edited:

DSDark

Breeder
It's really not. We might feel that way, but the writers don't care about the league. They want to get to team Flare asap.

If the writers don't care about the league that's an issue

Red and Blue

Why was this the only new episode announced? A second one would have given this episode some better context

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Guys, calm down. Unless the title is referring to Chespin lusting over the ultimate meal or some random female pokemon, there is clearly gonna be another aspect to this episode not yet revealed.

LOL yeah the guy who basically wrote the TF and Puni-chan plot for this show and did both the Ash vs Alain fights has decided to spend his time on a filler episode instead of oh I don't know, actually working on the final Ash vs Alain fight and the TF climax. It's clear as day this is going to set something up. The only unfortunate thing here is that he used a similar plot element to get the ball rolling that seemed to have assaulted a few members mentally in the BW league.

Edit: Wait, he did most of the main plot episodes in this saga and the movies. So he's the lead writer? And people are still mad?

I know right!?
Who needs battles? Most people watch this cartoon for character development anyway.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive

Thank you for someone thinking with a clear head.

This episode is going to build up to something while the first half also helps to try and hype up the Ash vs Alain battle. Then the second half starts the battle.

People are only upset because of the way the League's been handled so far. They feel like it's necessary to see Ash wipe out his competetors in all of the battles. Would I have liked to see a quick montage? Yes I would. Am I going to constantly complain about it on some online forum? No. But to judge an episode nearly a month before its airing is crazy. For all we know it could montage all of Ash's battles that weren't shown while Ash is monologuing in the background to help hype his battle up and then cut to the beginning of the match. The thing is, we don't know yet people are ready to shoot this episode down.

Thank you for someone thinking with a clear head.

This episode is going to build up to something while the first half also helps to try and hype up the Ash vs Alain battle. Then the second half starts the battle.

People are only upset because of the way the League's been handled so far. They feel like it's necessary to see Ash wipe out his competetors in all of the battles. Would I have liked to see a quick montage? Yes I would. Am I going to constantly complain about it on some online forum? No. But to judge an episode nearly a month before its airing is crazy. For all we know it could montage all of Ash's battles that weren't shown while Ash is monologuing in the background to help hype his battle up and then cut to the beginning of the match. The thing is, we don't know yet people are ready to shoot this episode down.

Yeah that actually makes sense. It's Ash vs Alain in the final of the league. This battle definitely needs more hyping!

Sprinter1988

You guys should try to see it from the writers point of view. They work really hard and do their best. If they feel that Chespin needs development I trust them.

They're basically the Gods of the Pokemon world.

My sides are splitting from this statement.

Okay, so one or two of them might be good - a lot of people show a lot of faith in the guy writing this particular episode and looking at what he has written I'm inclined to agree with their assessment, but no one can truly say that the writers of the pokemon anime do their best all the time. I mean, come on!

diakyu

My sides are splitting from this statement.
Please don't do this. Opposed to what you may think working on any anime is hard and vigorous work, and this is no exception. Just because you don't like it at points doesn't mean they're not trying their best.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Please don't do this. Opposed to what you may think working on any anime is hard and vigorous work, and this is no exception. Just because you don't like it at points doesn't mean they're not trying their best.

So you agree with the statement that no one watches the anime for the battles?

Sprinter1988

Oh, believe me, when they do try, and there is an over-arching plot line I like what they do very much.

What I don't like is "Here is a random character and their pokemon. Here is Team Rocket to steal that pokemon and Pikachu. Pikachu uses Thunderbolt. The End." - That's not trying. Nor is "This Pokemon is lost. Here's twenty minutes of walking through the woods/cave so they can find each other." - By now these two plot lines have been done so many times all they have to do is change which pokemon is lost.

If being lost or encountering a random person serves a bigger purpose (as I think this episode will) then great. If not its just a waste.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Yeah that actually makes sense. It's Ash vs Alain in the final of the league. This battle definitely needs more hyping!

Yeah, and you're saying that if they showed quick one-shot clips of Ash's other pokemon as he's looking at Alain and monologuing that it wouldn't work well? Then it can cut to Ash flashbacking to his previous defeats with still shots of the finals battles while he continues to monologue. End the monologue with Ash looking at Alain as fore burns in the background showing that Alain is the last step in his way.

Personally that sounds pretty exciting but, all you've been doing is try and troll everyone all day so there's no arguing with you.

Yeah, and you're saying that if they showed quick one-shot clips of Ash's other pokemon as he's looking at Alain and monologuing that it wouldn't work well? Then it can cut to Ash flashbacking to his previous defeats with still shots of the finals battles while he continues to monologue. End the monologue with Ash looking at Alain as fore burns in the background showing that Alain is the last step in his way.

Personally that sounds pretty exciting but, all you've been doing is try and troll everyone all day so there's no arguing with you.

No I'm agreeing with you. Skipping four rounds to hype up the finals sounds like a great idea!

diakyu

So you agree with the statement that no one watches the anime for the battles?
No????????? I haven't mentioned battles at all and yet this is the second time someone has assumed I was talking about them. Of course people watch the anime for battles, heck I watch it for battles and well the pokemon too lol. But you also have to understand after vs Shota I couldn't care less about this league and want to get straight to Zygarde being a gundam because I'm positive there's gonna be some kind of shenanigans in Ash vs Alain. If this episodes helps set up the TF climax by getting Meyer on the scene or whoever this mysterious figure is I'm with it 100%. The anime is doing something new by clearly putting the TF climax above the league in terms of importance like the BW games and I'm willing to take this new idea for a spin to see where it goes.

So yes, I'm that guy looking forward to the TF climax more than I am the league because I'm more invested in that plot than this league.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
No????????? I haven't mentioned battles at all and yet this is the second time someone has assumed I was talking about them. Of course people watch the anime for battles, heck I watch it for battles and well the pokemon too lol. But you also have to understand after vs Shota I couldn't care less about this league and want to get straight to Zygarde being a gundam because I'm positive there's gonna be some kind of shenanigans in Ash vs Alain. If this episodes helps set up the TF climax by getting Meyer on the scene or whoever this mysterious figure is I'm with it 100%. The anime is doing something new by clearly putting the TF climax above the league in terms of importance like the BW games and I'm willing to take this new idea for a spin to see where it goes.

So yes, I'm that guy looking forward to the TF climax more than I am the league because I'm more invested in that plot than this league.

I guess I can't agree at all because honestly I cant see how interesting they can make this plot that will make me more invested than seeing ash potentially win his first league. Wooooo....big deal, team flare will cause explosions and chaos, and then ash and haxachu and zygarde will stop them. We saw the same thing basically in BW with the meloetta and giovanni thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.