• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Aug 4th: XY&Z036 - Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather, All of My Passion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Oh, hey, it's Tomioka, so everything is gonna be alright.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
If this does turn out to be just filler between league episodes then boy o boy the thunder will be brought down on this one. But just remember people season 1 of Pokemon had filler between league battles.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Please be found by Lys or maybe Manon, I doubt it, but who could it be?

Maybe Harimaron will get some type of development or help Hari-san.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Hmm ok before we all go onto rage mode at a “filler” being in the League there’s a few things to consider.

Tomioka is writing it, the man would not be wasted on a filler episode in the middle of the League. If he’s involved I’m willing to bet there’s story related reasons why, most likely having to do with Team Flare

The episode title and summary don’t match. In BW when Axew got lost, the episode title reflected that. Here the title has nothing to do with the summary, I think Chespin getting lost won’t be the key focus this episode, just a plot device that triggers something larger at work.

This is most likely the episode right before the finals, they would not waste time with a filler now, this is most likely just set up and will focus on character relations and motives to give the match appropriate buildup

That line about the “mysterious figure” definitely sounds like it will be important to the ongoing arc. It could be Manon, or it could be Lysandre, whoever it is im sure it’s a going to be a significant player

So, I’d say let’s wait till more information is revealed. But I do not think this will be some inane filler that doesn’t need to exist, I believe this will serve a purpose on setting the stage for the final clash of Alan vs Ash.

Red and Blue

We don't need an episode to explain character and motives. That is just as bad as filler.

Reminder: XY is on countdown.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
In the order, I can see (Prediction):
-Kalos League's Excitement
-Chespin gets lost (during this excitement)
-Chespin gets found by Alain
-Chespin gets reunited with Clemont and Alain gets reminded of Mairin's Chespin
-Alain smiles and walks away (Upcoming episodes preview showed)
-Final Battle begins, Ash vs Alain!

Last edited:
Hmm ok before we all go onto rage mode at a “filler” being in the League there’s a few things to consider.

Tomioka is writing it, the man would not be wasted on a filler episode in the middle of the League. If he’s involved I’m willing to bet there’s story related reasons why, most likely having to do with Team Flare

The episode title and summary don’t match. In BW when Axew got lost, the episode title reflected that. Here the title has nothing to do with the summary, I think Chespin getting lost won’t be the key focus this episode, just a plot device that triggers something larger at work.

This is most likely the episode right before the finals, they would not waste time with a filler now, this is most likely just set up and will focus on character relations and motives to give the match appropriate buildup

That line about the “mysterious figure” definitely sounds like it will be important to the ongoing arc. It could be Manon, or it could be Lysandre, whoever it is im sure it’s a going to be a significant player

So, I’d say let’s wait till more information is revealed. But I do not think this will be some inane filler that doesn’t need to exist, I believe this will serve a purpose on setting the stage for the final clash of Alan vs Ash.

Well it does make sense to have an episode for character relations. The first four episodes are all about battling and we don't really know the thought process of these cartoon characters.

Let's see what happens.

I'm a writer btw.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

People will still get pissed about that. People have already gotten pissed just showing rushed battles. So now this will be one episode wasted and may as well just be a filler.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think I have an idea on what may be happening. With the final round happening, everyone like the summary states, are all excited. During this hype, I would not doubt that Chespin encounters Lysandre whom arrived at the League. With Malva being here and Alain battling to get Mega-Evolution energy, Lysandre is obviously planning something. So I'm thinking Chespin will pull a Chespie and overhear everything that Team Flare is planning.

While everything goes on behind the scenes, we have Ash and Alain about to happen. The title might refer to the finals starting and referring to Ash.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I wonder if it's a clip show, "Fierce Fighting at the Kalos League! Gather All of My Passion!"

Harimaron and this figure (Professor Platane) reminisce together.

Xuxuba

If it's Tomioka who's writing, then i guess it will probably be a action packed episode that maybe involves the TF, since he writes a lot of episodes involving the evil teams.

I thought Team Flare interrupting the League sounded kind of absurd, but now i'm starting to change my mind...

Last edited:

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Well what better place to make yous sweat and wait then the finals were Ash could win or lose it all.

ShadowForce720

For those that are curious and not sure what episodes Tomioka has written for in X&Y here is the list of X&Y episodes that he has written for:

Episodes written by Tomioka:
XY001
XY002
XY003
XY011
XY020
XY025
XY032
XY039
XY040
XY042
XY044
XY060
XY067
XY074
XY075
XY092
XY093
XY094
XY102
XY106
XY107
XY116
XY120
XY121
XY122

As you can see if you check out each of the episodes you can see that all the episodes that he has written for X&Y have progressed the plot in some way, in short chances are that it's highly unlikely that this episode would be a filler given that Tomioka doesn't really write the filler episodes of X&Y.

Soniman

Break the Limit
People will still get pissed about that. People have already gotten pissed just showing rushed battles. So now this will be one episode wasted and may as well just be a filler.

im fine with ash vs alan being a 2 parter if we get appropriate character stuff out of this

Xuxuba

And as Chespin is walking around all alone and confused, a certain somebody appears before it...

And then, the confused Chespin encounters......?

That sounds quite suspicious.

Maybe he found another Zygarde core and thought it was strange seeing Puni-chan there, then he chased after him without realizing it wasn't Puni-chan. That's when TF appears and tries to catch the other Core.

jdgjordan

The chosen Snorlax
Just remember people in this anime the power of friendship plots will always be prioritized over epic action battles and if that means they want to have a ep in between the league fights to remind you of that they will. Remember season 1 did this during the league to so this is not a new thing.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
For those that are curious and not sure what episodes Tomioka has written for in X&Y here is the list of X&Y episodes that he has written for:

Episodes written by Tomioka:
XY001
XY002
XY003
XY011
XY020
XY025
XY032
XY039
XY040
XY042
XY044
XY060
XY067
XY074
XY075
XY092
XY093
XY094
XY102
XY106
XY107
XY116
XY120
XY121
XY122

And The Strongest Mega Evolution (all four special episodes).

Red and Blue

Just remember people in this anime the power of friendship plots will always be prioritized over epic action battles and if that means they want to have a ep in between the league fights to remind you of that they will. Remember season 1 did this during the league to so this is not a new thing.

Still it would be a total waste. What good what an episode like that do when we already know everything we need to know about both Ash and Alan's motives and goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.